PDA

View Full Version : Valentine One FS

L8 APEX
12-20-2004, 12:48 AM
I am thinking of upgrading to their newest version with POP sensitivity. It may be a huge annoyance but I will try it out if I can sell mine. My V1 is a few years old but it is the newest slim chasis they make not the old thick bricks. It will come with new hardwire kit and suction cup mount. I will even install the hardwire kit in your L for you. Asking $300 OBO they are getting @325 off eBay used.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7945299001

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15CIMG1866-med.JPG

Sandman
12-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Or you could just upgrade the one you have.

http://www.valentine1.com/upgrades/

L8 APEX
12-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Or you could just upgrade the one you have.

http://www.valentine1.com/upgrades/I couldn't be without my V1 I would stop breathing. This is my 3rd or fourth one I like buying new ones every two years. I think upgrading is about the same cost as selling and getting a new unit. Nothing like that new V1 smell:D

Silver_2000
12-20-2004, 01:29 AM
I have the old larger V1 from 2000 - last time I checked the upgrade would have only gained me laser detection improvements for like $175 I think.

I didnt think it was worth it

Here is the current response when I typed in my serial number
http://www.valentine1.com/upgrades/

Upgrade Recommendation: While this version is not quite up to today’s V1 standard for Ka, it’s almost always good enough, and always better than detectors from other makers. X and K performance is excellent. Upgrading merely to improve radar performance is not cost effective, in my opinion, unless you’re concerned about the POP Mode operating in your area. Upgrading does bring other benefits, including our latest laser warning (front and rear), which outperforms the competitors by a wide margin, and POP Protection.

$189 plus shipping and exchange

INSTANT UPGRADE: As soon as we receive your old unit (in operable condition with no tampering of the serial number) we’ll exchange it for a brand-new, current-production V1. This is our way of assuring you’ll be without V1 protection for the shortest time.

Our Instant Upgrade* will make the following improvements to your V1.

Our best Ka-band performance, including full "superwide" coverage (33.4 - 36.0 GHz), today's long range, much better resistance to Ka false alarms, and POP Protection from MPH BEE™ III and Enforcer™ radars.

Our best X-band performance.
Our best K-band performance including POP Protection from MPH Enforcer&trade radars.
Adds radar coverage on Ku-band (used in Europe).
Adds our latest laser warning, front and rear while reducing the "thickness" of your V1.
Latest windshield mount with new suction cups.
Latest visor mount.
New Lighter Power Adapter with mount for Concealed Display.
New Direct-wire Power Adapter.
New coiled cord.
New straight cord.
New wiring-harness connector.
Dual-Lock® fastener.
New Owners Manual.
Spare fuse.
Spare suction cups.
One-year limited warranty, same as new units.
Looks like mike agrees with me ...

Upgrading merely to improve radar performance is not cost effective, in my opinion

L8 APEX
12-20-2004, 01:40 AM
eBay it and buy a new one is the best deal. I like the slimmer units and there is an increase in POOP use locally. Laser detection is practically useless it is so narrow it just lets you know you got nailed. I am concerned the POP will create more falses due to other leaky detectors out there. Not like I go fast anymore just a thought.. I jsut hate those BS 6-9mph speeding tickets some have gotten recently, catch a real criminal jerkys:flaming:

Wht95Lightning
12-20-2004, 03:37 AM
eBay it and buy a new one is the best deal. I like the slimmer units and there is an increase in POOP use locally. Laser detection is practically useless it is so narrow it just lets you know you got nailed. I am concerned the POP will create more falses due to other leaky detectors out there. Not like I go fast anymore just a thought.. I jsut hate those BS 6-9mph speeding tickets some have gotten recently, catch a real criminal jerkys:flaming:
I agree selling your old one and buying a new one is the best way to go. I have the latest one and it works like a charm. Over here in the HEB area they're using Ka and Lasers and they're sneaky as hell. Hurst PD just bought a dozen or so new bikes and they're everywhere. :mad:

Nice Typo BTW. "increase in POOP locally." :rll:

99WhiteBeast
12-20-2004, 09:26 AM
I ordered a new one last night. I've had enough of lining the cities pockets for BS tickets.

I refuse to drive the limit and be stuck pacing the speed limit in a pack of cars 3 and 4 wide. One jackass makes a mistake and your trapped with no where to go.

StormShadow
12-20-2004, 09:31 AM
:ron: I was going home from the xmas party yesterday (doing the same speed as the guy in front of me) and jackass cop pulls me over. Said I was driving reckless and was too close to the guy in front of me. Said I was going 75 in a 60 and proceeded to gripe me out. I had the DL and Ins hanging out the window when he walked up to the car and he just snatched it out of my hand. I told him I was just following the flow of traffic. He told me that the only reason I wasn't going any faster is because the car in front of me wouldnt move out of the way. I was like whatever man, do what you do. He came back and griped some more but didn't give me a ticket. What was the point of all that????:confused: :ron:

03LightningRocks
12-20-2004, 10:57 AM
:ron: I was going home from the xmas party yesterday (doing the same speed as the guy in front of me) and jackass cop pulls me over. Said I was driving reckless and was too close to the guy in front of me. Said I was going 75 in a 60 and proceeded to gripe me out. I had the DL and Ins hanging out the window when he walked up to the car and he just snatched it out of my hand. I told him I was just following the flow of traffic. He told me that the only reason I wasn't going any faster is because the car in front of me wouldnt move out of the way. I was like whatever man, do what you do. He came back and griped some more but didn't give me a ticket. What was the point of all that????:confused: :ron:

There must be some kind of State Wide "Holiday Push". I have noticed a stronger traffic cop presence lately. They just installed one of those machines that give you a digital read of your speed, on the street behind my house.
I considered using it to get a new best 1/4 mile trap speed, but I am not sure that's what they had in mind, when they installed it:D .

L8 APEX
12-20-2004, 11:15 AM
I love those boxes, lets play:banana: . We can run my active jammer against it and watch it blank out:D

MadNess
12-20-2004, 11:44 AM
There must be some kind of State Wide "Holiday Push". I have noticed a stronger traffic cop presence lately. They just installed one of those machines that give you a digital read of your speed, on the street behind my house.
I considered using it to get a new best 1/4 mile trap speed, but I am not sure that's what they had in mind, when they installed it:D .
Yea those boxes are fun, we have one here on the street my office is on... I like trying to set the High Scorehttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrinflip.gif

03LightningRocks
12-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Yea those boxes are fun, we have one here on the street my office is on... I like trying to set the High Scorehttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrinflip.gif

:rll: :rll: :rll:

bigdale83
12-20-2004, 01:41 PM
I ordered a new one last night. I've had enough of lining the cities pockets for BS tickets.

I refuse to drive the limit and be stuck pacing the speed limit in a pack of cars 3 and 4 wide. One jackass makes a mistake and your trapped with no where to go.
they keep you on file and just change the speed when they get you again!! hahaha

Tex Arcana
12-20-2004, 02:32 PM
Mine will only cost $55 to upgrade, so it's a good deal. I've been very happy with it, even the laser mode is good because mine can catch some scatter from the gun if it's operating fairly close. :tu:

r1eater
12-20-2004, 04:30 PM
I've got the POP upgrade. It does goe off way more than before but I would rather it goe off than not. Combined with the Laser blinder Terry sells the V1 is a good way of keeping the fuzz off ya.

Tex Arcana
12-20-2004, 04:43 PM
I've got the POP upgrade. It does goe off way more than before but I would rather it goe off than not. Combined with the Laser blinder Terry sells the V1 is a good way of keeping the fuzz off ya.
Are they false reports, or the real thing?

BC Lightning
12-20-2004, 08:15 PM
when it says 2 band POP, what does that mean? I bought my V-1 back in May so I guess it is outdated

TP Derrick D
12-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Adam, Be glad you didn't get a ticket. I got popped Wed. nite heading south on 360. Girly cop said I was 75 in a 60. I knew when I saw her pull out from her hiding spot I was busted. Same as you ,all paperwork out the window hoping the expired inspection sticker would not be noticed.No chance. She walked up told me what she stopped me for,hit me in the face with a beam from the flashlight,hit the stickers on the windshield and the front license plate with a quick beam
, heard my true explanation for the inspec. sticker and went to the cruiser came back with 2 tickets. One -speeding,one- inspection sticker. I was in the daily get about,not the L. The were running big time radar on south 360 that night.after I got zapped, I saw 3 more between the GM plant and I-20 in both (North/South) directions 2 of them had victims pulled over. I guess they will have a nice Christmas party this year :(

L8 APEX
12-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Yea those boxes are fun, we have one here on the street my office is on... I like trying to set the High Scorehttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrinflip.gif I had a picture once of a radar box it was a two digit display and I rolled it over from 00 to 20mph I was amused, but that is pretty easy..:D

True Blue Aggie
12-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Coming back from College Station Sat. night, DPS pulled me over in the L. he had someone else pulled over when I passed him, and I even made sure to change lanes to give him maximum space from me and his ass. He decided to pull me over because I made two unsafe lane changes (no turn signal) when I passed him. I calmly let him know that the only reason I changed lanes was to give him the safety space all DPS officers would like to have.....ended up only getting a warning.
He was checking out everything on the truck though. It felt more like he was looking for a drug bust than a ticket for signaling.

L8 APEX
12-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Ttt

L8 APEX
01-02-2005, 01:06 PM
I will put it on eBay tonight if nobody wants it $300 with new box and accys. I have been using my new detector for a thousand miles now and it is jsut as reliable and quiet as my old one no annoying alerts here:tu: .