PDA

View Full Version : Please give me input on this Lightning on E-bay

jim woods
12-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Please check out this lightning on ebay.I dont know how to link it. Go to ebay motors, then ford, then type in lightning in search. The Lightning is the black 2002 one with 20 inch black HRE wheels , with works supercharger all trick out in Austin. My friend is talking to him by email. the owner asking 35k. My friend only was appoved for 28k loan at his bank. My friend wants to offer him 28k but does not wan to insult the owner.He pay more but that all he got.
Do you guys know this truck? What would be a fair/good price for buyer and seller?What do you pros think about this truck? Does anyone here seen,know, the owner?What you think about the truck? 28K to much or about right?Tell me anything, your opnions on this Lightning.

SpeedyBolt
12-05-2004, 09:09 PM
35k is way too much IMO! I only paid 21k for my '01! There are alot of '02 L's in the auto trader for around 24k. I think that is about the norm.

jim woods
12-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Yes I Know that too high. But did you go to ebay and see all the mods done to the truck?Its not your typical chip,filter,exhaust,stuff .Please see go see it on ebay and you know what I mean

BC Lightning
12-05-2004, 09:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6219&item=4509644205&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Those HRE's are sweet!!!!! 35K is too much, and I'd take the carbon fiber off. Other than that it is set up real nice.

00Bolt
12-05-2004, 09:23 PM
i believe Rob had those same rims... WOW :bows

jim woods
12-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Ok people. Give me some input.28K fair? or insulting? book value is say around 22k. That would be 6000 for all the mods for the seller.Give me your thoughts.

00Bolt
12-05-2004, 09:32 PM
tell him ill give him $500 for the rims and he can offer $28,500 :d :d

jim woods
12-05-2004, 09:36 PM
The owner takes the Lightning to the track and goes to all the Lightning events. Surley someone here know the owner/truck.Please I need some input.

00Bolt
12-05-2004, 09:42 PM
not worth that much, but offer 28... worst he can do is say no

WA 2 FST
12-05-2004, 09:47 PM
It's a beautiful truck. He's got way more in it than $35k, but we all know the drill... you sell something _that_ quickly after building it up, and you will take a bath. If you add up all the parts, and what you'd have to spend to build it like that... $35k is a good deal.

In reality $30k is probably what I'd be willing to pay for it. If warranty is not a concern, and you don't mind taking a chance on having someone you don't know build the motor... then it would be a good buy.

Can't wait til my HRE's come in. Same ones, only brushed centers vs. painted. :D

jim woods
12-05-2004, 09:53 PM
How much did the wheels cost you if you dont mind me asking?

StormShadow
12-05-2004, 09:54 PM
It's a beautiful truck. He's got way more in it than $35k, but we all know the drill... you sell something _that_ quickly after building it up, and you will take a bath. If you add up all the parts, and what you'd have to spend to build it like that... $35k is a good deal.

In reality $30k is probably what I'd be willing to pay for it. If warranty is not a concern, and you don't mind taking a chance on having someone you don't know build the motor... then it would be a good buy.

Can't wait til my HRE's come in. Same ones, only brushed centers vs. painted. :D
Thats awesome! I can't wait to see them on a DSG. BTW your tail lights are badass. Have you thought of doing the same to the headlights?

WA 2 FST
12-05-2004, 09:55 PM
How much did the wheels cost you if you dont mind me asking?
Not even close to what he claims the guy paid! But I just got stock sized 18x9.5s.

WA 2 FST
12-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Thats awesome! I can't wait to see them on a DSG. BTW your tail lights are badass. Have you thought of doing the same to the headlights?
Adam,

Thank you very much for the compliment! That was my virgin set, and there are a few flaws. TexArcana's came out better. But I'm pleased with what I've got...and with the adhesive I used, there's no way I'm taking them apart. :tongue:

Not sure about the headlights. I think it would look good, but I'm more afraid of breaking the seal on those. Have you ever had one apart?

TX SVT LIGHTNING
12-06-2004, 05:13 AM
If any of you know of SW (Elite Motorsports- 9sec Supra, 9sec Z07 etc etc fame) here in Austin, he's the one selling it on eBay. He bought it as is earlier this year from a sheriff in Florida I think. Truck has a lot of stuff, I would like to see what it runs with the REM motor & Works s/c. I doubt the price will budge, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Never heard of any problems prior to him buying or since he got it. He has a milder '04 Lightning he drives daily.

J.D. Blackwell
12-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Please check out this lightning on ebay.I dont know how to link it. Go to ebay motors, then ford, then type in lightning in search. The Lightning is the black 2002 one with 20 inch black HRE wheels , with works supercharger all trick out in Austin. My friend is talking to him by email. the owner asking 35k. My friend only was appoved for 28k loan at his bank. My friend wants to offer him 28k but does not wan to insult the owner.He pay more but that all he got.
Do you guys know this truck? What would be a fair/good price for buyer and seller?What do you pros think about this truck? Does anyone here seen,know, the owner?What you think about the truck? 28K to much or about right?Tell me anything, your opnions on this Lightning.

If you are looking for a MINT Gen 2, my buddy has a '02 True Blue with only 14,500 miles on it, original tires, billet grills and dropped for like $23,900. There is no way I would give $35K for that truck. If you want to spend $30K on a L, go buy a new '04. They are still on the lot. Just from my experience.

Justin

Tex Arcana
12-06-2004, 11:46 AM

Are yours 20s?? They look great, but what do they do to the suspension geometry?

Tex Arcana
12-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Adam,

Thank you very much for the compliment! That was my virgin set, and there are a few flaws. TexArcana's came out better. But I'm pleased with what I've got...and with the adhesive I used, there's no way I'm taking them apart. :tongue:

Not sure about the headlights. I think it would look good, but I'm more afraid of breaking the seal on those. Have you ever had one apart?

Wes, I'm dead happy about the tails, they look FANTASTIC! And I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the headlights. How much of that black do you have left?? :d

WA 2 FST
12-06-2004, 01:45 PM
John,

My HRE's will be 18s.

The fronts... I would seriously think about before doing anything. Significantly more heat from the lights than the tails. Not sure what that would do to a painted surface.

I don't know how much Scott's headlights cost, but I would just do that. They're designed that way and already black to begin with.

Not much black paint left in the can. I sprayed yours very liberally.

sonicbluetommy
12-06-2004, 01:53 PM

Rumor has the headlights are much more fragile than the taillights. Everyone I asked that knew said not to try it....just find some aftermarket ones. Scott's (00bolt) looked good and are a direct replacement.

Mine are a 1-pc per side that replaces the stock 2-pc headlight and turnsignal. I got them off ebay. One of them has started to get some condensation after about 3 months. I am going to pull it off and check all the seals and dry it out..but I am very happy with the look plus it has the cool halo ring like the new BMW's when the low beams are on. They are a little trickier getting in than the 2-pc stockers without scratching the paint but I can do it in less than a minute now.

00Bolt
12-06-2004, 01:57 PM
my headlights are cheap... you can prolly sell your stock headlights and buy mine and maybe even have money left over....

i have no complaints with fogging up or cracking or anything and iv had them on for about 9 months now, my only complaint would be that they are not very bright.... i put some brighter bulbs in which helped though

WA 2 FST
12-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Rumor has the headlights are much more fragile than the taillights. Everyone I asked that knew said not to try it....just find some aftermarket ones. Scott's (00bolt) looked good and are a direct replacement.

Mine are a 1-pc per side that replaces the stock 2-pc headlight and turnsignal. I got them off ebay. One of them has started to get some condensation after about 3 months. I am going to pull it off and check all the seals and dry it out..but I am very happy with the look plus it has the cool halo ring like the new BMW's when the low beams are on. They are a little trickier getting in than the 2-pc stockers without scratching the paint but I can do it in less than a minute now.
I would agree with this assessment. We know the headlights are sealed differently than the taillights which are just some sort of simple adhesive which can easily be heated and loosened up. Then you're also talking about a projected beam vs. just a standard bulb/lense.

Tommy your truck looks killer. I really like all the extra blue body stuff. Very clean.

Tex Arcana
12-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Believe me, I'm thinking and thinking and thinking, 'til the whole idea isn't much more than crushed electrons. :d Hence why I threw out the question, in a search for information and such. ;)

If I were to pull the trigger on this, I think I would go out and find a set of replacement headlights, either from a junkyard, or from someone who's replaced them with aftermarket sets. It would definitely be an experiment, with a huge chance of failure, but worth it if there's not much info on the job in the first place.

I"m trying to get the pic chopped, to see what it would look like. Tommy, your headlights looked great, but I would like to see it with body-color, if at all possible. Bolt, same goes for yours.

So... more research is necessary... meh.

Tex Arcana
12-06-2004, 02:30 PM
I would agree with this assessment. We know the headlights are sealed differently than the taillights which are just some sort of simple adhesive which can easily be heated and loosened up. Then you're also talking about a projected beam vs. just a standard bulb/lense.

Tommy your truck looks killer. I really like all the extra blue body stuff. Very clean.

The idea was that the non-light-reflecting areas be painted body color. Maybe I shoudl do it the old-fashined way and print a pic and hand-color it. :(

WA 2 FST
12-06-2004, 03:03 PM
I think if you see Scott's you'll like those. His are black and match the black truck well.

00Bolt
12-06-2004, 03:11 PM
well I know Frisco is a little hike... but if you are ever in the Arlington area, you are more than welcome to come by and check them out... just PM me if ya are ever around.... here are a few shots, i dont have many pics of the truck yet...

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/3372-4883-83159.jpg

http://00bolt.homestead.com/578DSC00708-2_op_800x490.jpg

http://00bolt.homestead.com/3_op_800x600.jpg

Tex Arcana
12-06-2004, 03:34 PM
well I know Frisco is a little hike... but if you are ever in the Arlington area, you are more than welcome to come by and check them out... just PM me if ya are ever around.... here are a few shots, i dont have many pics of the truck yet...

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/3372-4883-83159.jpg

http://00bolt.homestead.com/578DSC00708-2_op_800x490.jpg

http://00bolt.homestead.com/3_op_800x600.jpg

Sweet.. I"ve seen those before on various websites.. and Tommy let me sit in his with the heads on to see how his looked.

Arlington isn't such a big deal for me, where do ya live there, and what time is best for you? :d

00Bolt
12-06-2004, 03:50 PM
well you can come by my shop anytime during the day... im here usually from 8:30 to 6:30 everyday minimum....

if you are familar with area, its a small trophy/award store off Cooper/I20 next to Applebees

4654 S. Cooper #330
Arlington, Texas 76017

Tex Arcana
12-06-2004, 04:00 PM
well you can come by my shop anytime during the day... im here usually from 8:30 to 6:30 everyday minimum....

if you are familar with area, its a small trophy/award store off Cooper/I20 next to Applebees

4654 S. Cooper #330
Arlington, Texas 76017

sweet.. I'll make it mah next stop! :d