PDA

View Full Version : Terry your the man

L8 APEX
06-02-2002, 12:59 AM
I figured I would make a thread for PR customers to leave feedback. Kind of like eBay feedback it can be viewed by those interested in doing business with PR. Thanks for your comments and support:tu:

curtis75051
06-02-2002, 12:59 AM
Any performance shop in the DFW area?:burnout:

andy_cain
06-02-2002, 09:13 AM
Curtis:
First, let me say Congrats on your "L"....you will love it.
Second, Only one shop I know and TRUST to work on my L; Terry at Performance Research.
I had my truck "tuned up" yesterday and he did an outstanding job.
Terry is not only very thorough, but extremely meticulous and genuinely cares about you and your truck…not like some of the other shops that care only about their wallet linings not showing.
I must say, my L was great before I had Terry “Tune” it up…now, she just plain ROCKS.
Terry uses named brand and highly respected parts, he doesn’t try to “Up sell” you on a bill of goods that you don’t need or don’t want.
Coolest thing…he is local and very competitively priced.
When I picked mine up yesterday after he "Tuned" it...all I could say was "Holly F@$k!!!! and I wasnt refering to the bill.

Welcome aboard Curtis
:tu:

Liminator
06-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Chip, 2# Pulley and PSP Air. WOW, What a difference a day makes. I feel like like I have new truck, and the shift is much more firmer but not neck jerking. Did I mention this was all done by our local L tuner himself, Terry (L8APEX). His total work time was a little over an hour, the rest of the time he was answering my stupid questions. I feel like I am pretty handy with a wrench and this would have taken me at least 6 hours, that is if I could figure out how to put in the Chip. All of this was done for just a little over what the parts would have cost if you ordered from PSP or JDM, minus the shipping time (we've all read those threads). Also about a month ago Terry ordered me a Magnaflow Stainless-Steel dual-in dual-out with built in X-pipe and had his exhaust man install.His exhaust man is very meticulous, he even raised and leveled out my sagging tips,and all for a little over $200. Kinneys wanted more than that just to walk out with the muffler.We at TALON are very lucky to have Terry in our Club. Utilize his many services and you won't be sorry,he's also good at answering stupid questions and always available. Thanks again Terry,see you Thursday night.

Badcarma
06-07-2002, 12:43 AM
One word say's it all METICULOUS. Terry is def. my tuner now. Worked on my truck late one night after working his day gig all day, just so we could be set for the monthly meeting. Not to mention I was a willing test project for the new BIG MOUTH exhaust. That set-up alone is SWEEEEEET! Multiple mods with no complications say's EXPERT to me.

RedNemesis01
06-18-2002, 08:42 AM
The weekend w/out the L was painful (separation anxiety), but well worth the results. Gone from stock to...well...not so stock. One of the major improvements was the installation of his new Big-Mouth Exhaust setup. Really like the sound.

Many thanks to Terry for discovering my little fuel flow issue (old fuel filter was starving the engine) and fixing. That combined with the other mods he performed have my little red nemesis hauling the mail, and fast. :burnout:

What more can I say than that he and I are already discussing round two.

thanks again
bill

RedNemesis01
06-26-2002, 12:05 AM
Terry does it again. Tuned up the tranny and suspension this evening. I just thought that it was performing well (after the previous mods). I truly don't know how to behave in the L now.

Calling all GM, Daimler, misc. ricers, etc. :-D Line'em up!!! :throw:

bill

BlkLightning
06-30-2002, 01:17 AM
Just got my mods in today and dyno'd.

First, Terry is an awesome guy. Second, his truck kicks serious arse and I now know exactly what I want my Lightning to be when it grows up. :banana:

That aside... stock: 356 rwhp, 448 rwtq

4# lower, psp intake/filter, denso plugs, jdm single chip, line valve, 4x4 tranny pan

Now: 386 rwhp, 475 rwtq. :eek2: :throw: :banana:

That's in 90% humidity and with only ~15 miles or so on the computer, not sure if it will "learn" as it goes along but we'll see.

Thanks Terry! I'll be back for more when money permits, I'm in deep enough doo-doo as it is. :nono:

DWSmooth
07-11-2002, 08:59 AM
What can you say about Terry's (L8APEX) work......first rate all the way! I was very impressed with the quality of work and the attention to details (like torque specs).

I'm already planning my next mods. I might have to start a payroll deduction straight to PR&D so the mods can keep on coming:burnout:

MadMax
07-17-2002, 07:05 PM
I agree. Terry does get into the job. NOW if he would offer complimentary Beer on Tap for the customers...bahahahaha

:D

andy_cain
12-27-2002, 01:09 AM
I gotta give a serious hats off to Terry. He came through in flying colors for me at the last minute and worked all night to make certain it was as trick as possible right before our Hallsville race on 12-7-02.
I know Terry does a great job, but how many tuners would 1) work all night tweaking every detail 2) Wash your truck before delivering it 3) Personally heat your bottle before every run because you bought some cheap a$$ used kit that was missing the bottle warmer thermostat 4) Spend all day running around town to replace broken, stripped and crushed fitting and when it is all done, have the trickest, stealthiest looking setup imaginable.
Ultimatly, my first place trophy belongs added to his list of achievemnts...all I had to do was drive.

It just keeps getting better...Terry does great work...I would be happy to demo/show the truck and its work for anyone who wants a first hand look at just what an awsome job it really is.
:bows
:nana2

dboat
02-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Terry outdid himself for me.. I have had him drop my truck, put on new rotors, pads, wheels, paint the calipers, PSP air kit, Accufab TB, oil separator for the s/c, transmission service with Mobil 1, filter and larger pan, and a fuel filter..
Everything has been great..
Terry is my tuner and I am glad we have him in N Tx..:tu:

I will post pics as soon as I can get my truck outside.. its a little icy today...

Dana

MadMax
02-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Agreed. He is meticulous to say the least. :D

blueoval01
02-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by MadMax
Agreed. He is meticulous to say the least. :D
Yep Terry is a good man to have on your side.

Now, if he could just get a date ........ :rolleyes: LOL

tliss
03-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Terry has done several things to my truck and everything has been done well and right! Adding speed and power is what it's all about, and having someone locally that can help with all of your needs WHO YOU CAN TRUST is a goldmine IMO. As time goes on and more gets added, Terry's phone will be ringing...that's for sure.

Tom

Natetrun
05-14-2003, 03:05 PM
My 2nd visit with Performance Research and they always do a good job. They do the work right and treat your vehicle the way you would.

Thanx:tu:

99WhiteBeast
05-14-2003, 06:11 PM
I'll second or third that- Terry has performed some maintenance items as well as a few minor upgrades and always done me right.

I don't qualify for the PR sticker yet (no major go fast goodies) but when I'm ready he'll be the first to call:tu:

Now if we could just keep him of BET he may turn out OK:rolleyes:

REXRENEGADE
06-24-2003, 10:27 AM
THE AIR FILTER SET UP WORKS GREAT. SC IS REALLY WHINING, FREAKS PEOPLE OUT WHEN THEY HEAR THAT PUPPY ROAR. I WILL TALK WITH YOU ABOUT MY SUSPENSION SOON. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU FOR OUR L'S.

CURT S. JACOBS.
BLACK 2002 PIMPERIZED.:cool:

Txoutlaw
09-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Just wanted to send a BIG THANKS out to Terry! Although I live in Corpus Christi, Terry took care of me. I called him on a Wednesday, drove up on Thursday, had my truck in by 2 and out by 5. Man that is what I call service! :tu: Not to mention the quality is nothing short of fantastic! I only wished I lived closer, TALON has it going on and a special thanks to TALON too. Without this board I might no have known about Terry.

It was a real pleasure to meet Terry! His truck was......well, I just aint got the words!!! :bows :bows As for my L, she sounds killer and I'm absolutely impressed with the shifting! It's a long trip from Corpus to the DFW area but let me tell you it was well worth it. Now that I have found a Tuner, let the modding begin!

Thanks Again,
Todd :tu:

blueoval01
09-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Hey Todd.
Welcome to D/FW.
Glad your trip up here was pleasant and productive.

Come back and visit anytime. Our monthly meets are on the first Thursday of each month. If your Mod plans permit, hang around and join us. :tu:

Txoutlaw
09-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Hey Todd.
Welcome to D/FW.
Glad your trip up here was pleasant and productive.

Come back and visit anytime. Our monthly meets are on the first Thursday of each month. If your Mod plans permit, hang around and join us. :tu:
I'll have to do that sometime. Thanks for the hospitality Mark. I look forward to having a :beer: with you all. When I plan my next mods I will shoot ya an email to see where everyone is going to meet. :tu:

Thanks Again,
Todd

L8 APEX
09-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks Todd:tu:

blueoval01
09-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey Terry,
Dan and I hooked up on the ReTrax. Thanks for the original "Heads up". Dan is a great dude with a fantastic family.
Now, if I can convince him to get another L :burnout:

Otherwise, I see a Vette in his future.... :cool:

L8 APEX
09-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Hey Terry,
Dan and I hooked up on the ReTrax. Thanks for the original "Heads up". Dan is a great dude with a fantastic family.
Now, if I can convince him to get another L :burnout:

Otherwise, I see a Vette in his future.... :cool:
I thought you had a snuglid?? Anyway, dan is a different character:rll:

blueoval01
09-10-2003, 11:02 AM
I gotta ARE on the L, I put the ReTrax on my red F-150XL.

bobbywade69
10-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Terry is the only person I would take my L to for all my performance needs. Terry was a great help this sunday, putting in my denso's and t-stat. Thanks for all the help Terry!!!:banana:

blueoval01
10-17-2003, 05:13 PM
WHOA !!! You didn't tell this ol' man that he was gonna have to start wearing and athletic supporter ..... :rll:

MAN! Does she pull strong now. Or at least noticably stronger than before, for sure. :eek2:

Me likey, alot :tu:

Thanks, Terry.

dboat
10-17-2003, 06:28 PM
WHOA !!! You didn't tell this ol' man that he was gonna have to start wearing and athletic supporter ..... :rll:

MAN! Does she pull strong now. Or at least noticably stronger than before, for sure. :eek2:

Me likey, alot :tu:

Thanks, Terry.
mods?

blueoval01
10-17-2003, 06:35 PM
mods?Nope, Terry's first date with my daughter ..... :rolleyes:

:rll: Sorry Dana, I just had to say that. :rll:

Yeeesss, Mods.

dboat
10-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Nope, Terry's first date with my daughter ..... :rolleyes:

:rll: Sorry Dana, I just had to say that. :rll:

Yeeesss, Mods.
well tell us what you had done... inquiring minds have to know...

blueoval01
10-17-2003, 07:08 PM
Dana, I'd like to but Terry has me by the yanks, right now. :rolleyes:

:banana: :nana2 :banana:
Had:
MagnaFlow
2" rear Drop
Air Filter
Added:
TB
Cobra Water Pump
160 Thermo
4# lower
SuperChip
Electric Fan Kit

dboat
10-18-2003, 02:58 AM
Dana, I'd like to but Terry has me by the yanks, right now. :rolleyes:

:banana: :nana2 :banana:
Had:
MagnaFlow
2" rear Drop
Air Filter
Added:
TB
Cobra Water Pump
160 Thermo
4# lower
SuperChip
Electric Fan Kit
:confused: :confused: but the new mods prob really waked it up.. he does good work..

blueoval01
10-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Oh by all means did the Mods wake the L up. :burnout:
Better than a freakin' "Lap Dance" IMHO :tu:

dboat
10-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Oh by all means did the Mods wake the L up. :burnout:
Better than a freakin' "Lap Dance" IMHO :tu::nono:

Lyfisin
10-21-2003, 08:53 AM
I've had some work done by Terry twice now and he's been nothing but :nana2 both times.

It's really a pleasure to see someone really pays attention to the little things.

When I took my truck in for some toys in August, we talked about a lot of stuff and I'm sure I asked a lot of newb questions which he fielded without making me feel dumb at all. I had mentioned that I thought the front end alignment was messed up a little and seemed to be pulling slightly to the right.

He told me, and I didn't know this, that there was a pre-12,000 mile free alignment from the factory.

Yesterday morning before my 1:00pm muffler appointment, I took the L down to Ford to have the alignment done and the oil changed. When the truck was on the lift, Terry commented on the alignment. He had no idea I was getting it done that day but noticed I had gotten it done. In addition, he asked if I had just gotten the oil changed and after I told him I had just gotten it done he asked me where at? I told him and he told me that they had done a sloppy job and failed to wipe off the oil from the pan and the filter.

That was near the beginning of the exhaust work and near the end of it I went into the shop and grabbed a rag to wipe it off myself. I couldn't see any oil around there and I when I asked, Terry indicated he had already done it.

While I was watching the exhaust work being done, it really gave me a good feeling seeing the patience and care that they went through to try and make the job right. Somehow when one of the pipes was welded, it somehow ended up being slightly behind the first one. I don't think I would have even noticed. It might have been 1/4 inch and I had to look right down the long side to have even noticed it at all. I could have driven off and been very happy, but Terry cut off a brace, adjusted the pipe and re-welded it.

Needless to say I'm very happy with Terry's work. I have almost zero automotive skill at all and I don't think I could be happier with the treatment I've gotten thus far. :tu:

Thanks Terry.

Nuhklz
11-19-2003, 01:38 PM
I figured I would make a thread for PR customers to leave feedback. Kind of like eBay feedback it can be viewed by those interested in doing business with PR. Thanks for your comments and support:tu:
Terry,

Thanks very much for a job well done on the exhaust. You guys are surgeons!:bows

I'll be back for more goodies in the near future.

I'll also practice my counting skills...

Larry

blueoval01
11-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks Terry.
Very noticable difference when stopping on a dime.

dboat
11-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks Terry.
Very noticable difference when stopping on a dime.
Mark, arent those EBC's the shizznit?

Dana

blueoval01
11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Mark, arent those EBC's the shizznit?

Dana Oh yeah. Me likey :tu:

dboat
11-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Oh yeah. Me likey :tu:
the first time I hit mine hard, I thought I was gonna do a nose wheelie:nana2

blueoval01
11-23-2003, 08:10 PM
the first time I hit mine hard, I thought I was gonna do a nose wheelie:nana2 Hehehe, yep. Know the feeling.
TC went the extra and painted them black for me. Ima color coordinated, stylin' mofo :d

dboat
11-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Hehehe, yep. Know the feeling.
TC went the extra and painted them black for me. Ima color coordinated, stylin' mofo :d
woo hoo,.. he did the same for me.. we be twins....:rll:

L8 APEX
11-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Thanks Terry.
Very noticable difference when stopping on a dime.Wait until they bed in about 500 miles or so:tu: Which may be a year for you:rll:

blueoval01
11-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Wait until they bed in about 500 miles or so:tu: Which may be a year for you:rll: Hey now. Just consider me conservative when it comes to my L.
:d

Nuhklz
12-20-2003, 06:46 PM

Thanks for another job well done :tu:. You da man!!:bows

Larry

PoorSvtman
01-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Its taken awhile to get my chip file in and the chip burned but Terry has put up with my constant calls and pms. We did run into a slight problem with the chip but all i can say is so far so good. Im Happy. Little frustraded because i wanna play around with the chip but patience is golden in some cases.
:beer:

PoorSvtman
01-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Finall got my chip :burnout: and i love it. Shifts are perfect!

Also found out my comp was flashed from a cux1 to a cux2. Sorry again about that terry. I realy didnt know it was flashed

99WhiteBeast
01-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Finall got my chip :burnout: and i love it. Shifts are perfect!

Also found out my comp was flashed from a cux1 to a cux2. Sorry again about that terry. I realy didnt know it was flashed

I warned you about that:nono: Glad you got it all worked out- ready for some track time?

PoorSvtman
01-21-2004, 11:49 PM
I warned you about that:nono: Glad you got it all worked out- ready for some track time?

Yea im ready for kennedale this sunday. I believe bobby and i are heading out there. Just need get scott to come so we can have our grudge match. Anyone wanna put a lil money down on it :evil

bobbywade69
01-21-2004, 11:50 PM
I'll race the winner\Loser after I get done.:evil

L8 APEX
01-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Yeah a lot of the CUX1 or 1999 computers have been randomly reflashed by dealers to the 2000 program code CUX2. I had to wait a week to get the CUX1 file form Jim. What was funny I had the CUX2 but didn't figure his was flashed. Oh well Mike is a bit more dangerous now:eek2:

PoorSvtman
01-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Oh well Mike is a bit more dangerous now:eek2:

:evil

Terry you hooking me up with the chip was the last bite the mod bug had to make to fully get to me. Even tho i dont have the green to satisfy the sickness :crying:

REXRENEGADE
02-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Terry,
Thanks for doing my gauges and pillar pod on Saturday, Install is primo:tu: (Boost, Trans Temp, AF). Also, meeting you, Steve, Larry, and Bobby at WH was cool. Need to do that more often. I am sure the pavement will never be the same after Bobby did his flame out number on it! :burnout: He has a way with parking lots.

Cheers
Curtis

PoorSvtman
03-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Terry did another badass job. He did my pinion seal this morning. Ford gave me the wrong one :hammer: But one call terry had one on the way.

Thanks again Terry.

Next time waffle house is on me :tu:

UUDLOSE
03-14-2004, 09:27 PM
Terry, love the extra kick! Thanks for taking care of an "old school" guy who doesn't know alot about computer controlled vehicles, but is willing to learn. As I told you and the guys, saving my pennies, and will be back. Service was great, and the conversation even better. Appreciate the boost bypass extra, as well. Any of you guys out there who haven't been to Terry yet, and are still running stock, well....... I'll see you in my rearview mirror. Terry, you the king.

Mike :bows

tliss
03-20-2004, 07:54 PM
The tranny swap went flawlessly. He and Steve had that tranny out and reassembled in no time at all. Terry is awesome! :tu:

Tom

StormShadow
03-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks again Terry. Had the old blower off and the new Apten on in less than an hour. Got me all the way to runner up in the Spring Muscle Car Challenge today.

Avalanche
04-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks Terry for the awsome job you did on my tranny now I don't have to worry about one part of my truck. It has been PRized. Awsome job none the less that thing shifts great and man you can tell the difference at the track witht the new stall.

Oh and another nod for Terry and PR I blew out one of my cats and he had me running again with a new one in a little under 2 hrs and that was with a 30 min notice. AWSOME JOB DONE!!!!:tu:

Brent

L8 APEX
04-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Now you have seen for yourself the way we do things:beer: . I may go crazy doing it all but until then I will make every effort to do the best thing.

L-Fever
05-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Great job on the install!

L-Fever
05-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Thank for the new mild exhaust and new shiny tips! Awesome! :tu:

bobbywade69
06-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks again for hookin me up Mr. T on the front EBC's the L stops nicely now!!knana :tu:

REXRENEGADE
08-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Terry,

Thanks for the excellent job installing my EBC's :tu:. They should prove to be a very good choice. Thanks also, for fixing my pillar pod. I owe you some food at the next meeting.
Cheers!

Lyfisin
11-01-2004, 12:45 PM
First of all, I'd like to publicly thank Dennis (Sixpipes) for taking the time two weeks ago to meet up with me so I could go for a ride in his truck. I have been interested in the Roush Suspension from the moment I saw the way his truck looked. While I know there are more cost effective ways to lower these things, I was also interested in how the truck would really handle with this kit. Dennis was kind enough to offer to let me drive, but I wasn't comfortable with that so we just went for a little ride in Gorilla. :burnout:

It was enough to get me to pull the trigger so I talked to Terry about it during the dyno day at Speedworks a couple of Saturday's ago. I took my truck down there to have the Roush kit put in as well as having my exhaust tips changed. I already had the PR mild system on my truck, but he got those new tips and they just look so much nicer.

I picked up my truck on Thursday night and drove a co-worker back to Southlake and then I drove to my house in Allen.

All I can say is knana . I can't tell you what a difference I thought it made, both in turning and just generally a more smooth ride. I'm pretty sensitive about using up time on people's cell phones, but I had to call him back up on Saturday to tell him how thrilled I was. I'm still smiling even now. :)

From a customer service perspective, Terry was great. Again. My schedule that week was pretty difficult. I had a lot of work things going on and getting to his shop to pick it up during the daytime was going to be difficult. On Thursday, I ended up getting a ride after dinner near Papa's BBQ and he offered to meet me there. We had made those plans earlier in the day, but when I got there he was actually still working. While I'm glad he didn't have to make a special trip, I was :( that he was putting in extra hours. I know how happy I am at the end of my regular work day that it's over.

For some dumb reason, I'm hanging onto all of my old parts. Well not stuff like the exhaust, but so far everything else, which at this point is only my air filter, pulley and now my old suspension. Terry asked me if I wanted it and I told him ya. I had some old rags, blankets and junk in the back. Even one that I guess had gotten wet somehow and smelled. :o

My bed has hardly ever had anything in the back of it. It's white and has never had any kind of Linex / Rhino / Bed Rug or anything installed. I've just used the blankets to protect it. He didn't just wrap the stuff up in the blankets. He wrapped the big pieces up and duct taped them so they couldn't come apart and the ends were very protected so they couldn't damage the bed. All of the smaller pieces were put in a box and taped up. So while everything could still slide around, it couldn't really do any damage to the bed.

I drove down to pick up my truck with 3 friends. One of them asked why I brought my truck all the way down to Duncanville from Allen. Terry is the reason. The guy really cares about what he does and it shows in the quality of the work he does.

I know this might all sound a little over the top, but I really care for my truck. It's nice to have someone around like Terry who seems to consistently go beyond the call to make things right. I really appreciate the way he cares for my truck. :bows

Thanks again Dennis and Terry. I can't tell you how happy I am with everything.

Terry, if you make it to the meet this Thursday, please bring a PR sticker for my window. I meant to ask you for one and I forgot.

Brook

Phoenix
11-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Well I went to see Terry yesterday, the "Dr. of Speed." He got me the hook up on a fan and a filter. Thanks Terry the truck runs great. I also want to thank you for adjusting my programmer. This guy is the man when it comes to working on my 01 Lightning. Take care Terry

jeff56
11-11-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm just pasting in my thread I posted at NHTOC so some of these may seem a bit redundant regarding Terry, as you all know him. I had to be sure and include some props for him in another forum though, because he deserves all the accolades he can get. Terry will be the only one to ever touch my truck and if your sending your stuff elsewhere, then :nono: As soon as these latest mods blow overwith my wife, I'll be back for more.

I bought some Ruslow 1000 pound springs and had them installed without the isolator pad. First, let me say that I had Terry Cole at Performance Research Online (http://www.performanceresearchonline.com) install them for me and I can't say enough about the guy. I also bought some Bilsteins from him, so he installed the springs, shocks, my shock extenders and even rotated my tires for me while we were at it. I was a little hesistant about jumping into the spring install and getting stuck, so I had Terry do it. I couldn't be happier and I'd recommend Terry for any local work and for parts purchases to anyone as he does ship.

Now, I also have to highly recommend these Ruslow springs because the ride is awesome! I was really nervous about how it would turn out, but I am exceptionally pleased with the handling and road feel.

Here's a before picture with stock front and JLP 4" shackles in the back:

http://www.nhtoc.com/gallery/images/full/800-100-1325.jpg

Here's a pic after the springs were installed:
http://www.nhtoc.com/gallery/images/full/800-100-1368.jpg

The left side:
http://www.nhtoc.com/gallery/images/full/800-100-1367.jpg

I'm going to run like this for a while and then decide on whether to further mod the rear. It has a decent amount of rake..especially on the left side, which is like 15.5 in the front :eek2: and 17 in the back. I may wind up liking the rake, but even so, I might still go with some Hotchkis or Roush leafs in the back to equal out the great handling I have in the front.

Here's my right side measurements about 24 hours old. The left side is closer to 16.
http://www.nhtoc.com/gallery/images/full/800-100-1369.jpg

No problems with rubbing yet that I can tell, but I'm sure it's got to be. The offset on my wheels leaves the fronts sticking out just a tad and the gap on the right is only about an index finger wide! We'll see if this leads to problems.

Check out my gallery if you want to follow my whole suspension progress from stock to 2" shackles to 4" shackles to the current set-up.

View all images from this gallery (http://www.nhtoc.com/gallery/album.php?id=100)

Oh yeah, and here's my shock extenders and Bilsteins:

http://www.nhtoc.com/gallery/images/full/800-100-1370.jpg

L8 APEX
11-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words Jeff I will remember them always:D

Crawford
11-11-2004, 11:41 PM
Looks pretty good. The back still seems a little high in proportion to the front. If you need to get it lower in the back get Terry to dearch those springs. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

jeff56
11-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Looks pretty good. The back still seems a little high in proportion to the front. If you need to get it lower in the back get Terry to dearch those springs. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

Yeah...I thought about going that route, but I'd like the handling to be as stiff as the front. Anybody have de-arched springs that can comment on the handling?

I'm definitely going to go a bit lower in the back...just a matter of time and money. I can see it now though...much more and I'm going to be in C-notch territory. :(

FRDRCING
11-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Jeff when you gonna make that thing fast j/k that thing is sweet looking. You did the right thing by taking it to Terry for all the work to be done. My truck was up there a few weeks ago and it's running better than it did :tu: to terry for the great work he did to the truck and more to follow.

George G.
11-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Looks good:tu: Is the back lowered 4" on the before and after? It still seems kinda high. 2" usually levels it out with stock fronts.

Alpine
11-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Yeah...I thought about going that route, but I'd like the handling to be as stiff as the front. Anybody have de-arched springs that can comment on the handling?

I'm definitely going to go a bit lower in the back...just a matter of time and money. I can see it now though...much more and I'm going to be in C-notch territory. :(My springs are dearched, handles great with no issues for over a year now. Terry helped me out with mine.

jeff56
11-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Looks good:tu: Is the back lowered 4" on the before and after? It still seems kinda high. 2" usually levels it out with stock fronts.

I think it may just be because my driveway is sloped some. My rear is lowered about 3" in both pics with JLP shackles on the lowest setting. In the before pic, I was about 17" in the front and around 17 to 17.25" in the back.

As far as making it faster, Terry has me just about convinced to throw a lower on there. As I've said before, I don't really ever drive fast, but Terry was talking to me about the benefits of it just spooling up the blower quicker, which I like the sound of. I think eventually, I'll have him throw a 4 or 6 pound lower on there and see if it's safe on the stock tune.

George G.
11-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Did you ever get your upper installed?

jeff56
11-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Did you ever get your upper installed?

No...I chickened out and sold it. :hammer: :D It's currently residing on 00Bolt's truck.

FRDRCING
11-13-2004, 11:34 PM
I can't thank terry enough for all the work he did to save my truck. I was thinking of selling it. Then terry worked on it for a few days and damn what a diffrnece he got out of it. So thanks you for your work Terry. :beer:

sonicbluetommy
12-04-2004, 10:36 PM
I have to say I too am a big fan of Terry's work especially when he doesn't give me to much zhit for installing parts myself and not doing it right. Thanks for all the work and squeezing me in last week. Hope you get a couple good nights rest after the TALON L-Shootout, so you can figure out how to get my truck down below 12.4's without a KB.

True Blue Aggie
12-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Today was great....thanks to Terry!

Hit my first 12 second pass today because of the parts Terry installed....
12.50 at 108mph

You the man Terry, you tha man! :nana2 :nana2 :nana2

jlightning01
01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey T, this is Juan again. I just wanted to thank you for the experiment you did on my L. You fixed my computer/ chip problem. The L has not turned off on me at all. Nice talking to you too. In the next weeks I would like to get new plugs and maybe that drop kit, but I'll let you know ahead of time. Thanks T. :beer:

True Blue Aggie
05-02-2005, 09:49 PM
This past weekend, Terry was with several of us in Houston. Come to find out, one of the main reasons he was there was because he had spent time that week getting two trucks that were competing at FFW dyno tuned and ready to race.
I saw him spend a bunch of time talking with these guys, making sure they understood what there truck was doing, motor wise. Sunday, when everyone was packing up to leave, he was still there to stay and make sure that his one client left in the race program did not have any problems or questions. I really don't know to many people that would have stayed like he did.

I'm sure it was a beating for you to stick around on Sunday Terry, but several of us recognize your commitment to the guys who own Lightnings on this board....

sharkbite1979
05-10-2005, 07:13 PM
We were raped last night...by the mod bug!

We had an appointment with Terry to get the Magnaflow "Wild" Exhaust system installation yesterday evening. Aaron and I drove the 2 hours to Performance Research and both wet our seats as we pulled in. 5 L's and a couple of cobras sat in the parking lot glistening in the sun. We watched as our little beast was raised and they begin to remove the old rusty exhaust and muffler.

*background* We have decided to get rid of all the toys other than the L and quit spending money on modding. We recently were married in Costa Rica and realized our mutual desire for early retirement to an exotic location. Our goal: Get our debt paid off, buy a Jetta for his long drives to work and our road trips, sell our house, pay off the cars and start buying rent houses. We are resigned to this idea, completely content with just getting the exhaust, and maybe some chromies at the most down the road. NO MORE MODDING!

YEAH RIGHT!

So Terry says, when are you guys going to pully and tune it? This exhaust will change the performance a lot, I've had guys come back after a week and remove the "wild" system because it "slowed" their truck down.

This is what we heard "you should let me give you a tune and pully to go along with this exhaust, you'll love it, who cares about the money, it's on the plastic, you'll LOVE the power, the sound - you can't go wrong" (Tim the Toolman) aarrrr arrr arrrr

I look at Aaron....he grins at me. I say "ya wanna" he promptly hands over the credit card, pulls his pants down and bends over for a good old fashioned mod bug RAPE! I follow suit....

*aaahhhh* What a nice feeling!

The ride home was a happy ride. Both smiling from ear to ear as we listen to the rumble, feeling the extra power, and not feeling a HINT of remorse!

We would definitely recommend Performance Research...Terry and his guys did a great job - We'll be back soon!

FRDRCING
09-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Once again Terry did a bad ass Job on the L this week. Full Exhaust and 6# lower :banana:.