PDA

View Full Version : September Club Meeting Thursday 9/5 [FINAL DATE]

L8 APEX
08-08-2002, 12:00 PM
I have planned the meeting for Thursday 9/5

I think it has been too long since BoneDaddy's!:D

98Cobra
08-08-2002, 01:23 PM
No offense, but I think the moving the date should be discussed or put to a poll first.

tliss
08-08-2002, 02:02 PM
I don't care if it is Wednesday or Thursday. We should probably vote though. This is a democracy, right? I'll :beer: to that!

Tom

Crawford
08-08-2002, 04:44 PM
Well lets start another thread and vote on this day change. I had mentioned to Terry before the we might ought to consider maybe alternating every other month between Wed and Thurs so we can give the unfortunate a chance to make a meeting. Lets put a vote on it!

TXBLU
08-08-2002, 05:14 PM
I'll show up on Wednesdays!!!!:beer:

J.D. Blackwell
08-08-2002, 07:37 PM
We haven't met in Mesquite yet this year.:D So....how 'bout it?

Tony2000
08-08-2002, 11:52 PM
anybody would concider tuesday or near carrollton so that i can make it around 9:00
just a thought :confused: :confused:

L8 APEX
08-08-2002, 11:57 PM
See what you started Sam!! I try to please these guys and it ruffles those guys... We'll see how it pans out:rolleyes: This is starting to feel like a real club:hammer:

Sixpipes
08-09-2002, 07:45 AM
I would like to meet in Little Elm on Sunday afternoons say about 4:23PM at the Sonic, but I cannot make the Wednesday meetings as easy as I cannot make the Thursday meetings, but actually in September I can probably go to a meeting every night the first week, but hey thats just the kind of guy I am and every thing. :cool:

Mark #2
08-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Justin,
Where would you suggest in Mesquite?

I'll vote for Bonedaddy's most times (location, location, location), but Mesquite is better than FW, at least for me.

Red2002
08-09-2002, 09:36 AM
Meat this......

(unzip)

....thud. :)

Whenever, wherever.

J.D. Blackwell
08-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by HIHOAG
Justin,
Where would you suggest in Mesquite?

I'll vote for Bonedaddy's most times (location, location, location), but Mesquite is better than FW, at least for me.

HOOTERS

Crawford
08-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
See what you started Sam!! I try to please these guys and it ruffles those guys... We'll see how it pans out:rolleyes: This is starting to feel like a real club:hammer:

You are right. Lets just keep it on Thursdays.

George G.
08-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Well hell, let's just video conference each other that way we don't have to leave our own house.:D

Terry said he'll do the misdirecting with the other clubs:D :D j/k

L8 APEX
08-09-2002, 04:48 PM
I would like to have it on Wednesday once. I always miss my dive club meetings because they are on the 1st Thursday. Who cannot make it just because of the Wednesday thing?? I know two more can make it but who are we losing?? Thanks your MD who cares:bs:D

blueoval01
08-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Red02SVTL is dreamin' that he had that much .... :throw:

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday ..... Watever

Trying to work with those that can't do Thursday ain't gonna kill me.

Jeez, does your PDA freeze up on Talon schedule changes?

whine , whine, whine

If ya can't do Wednesday, THAT"S OK ....... your Talon sticker won't melt off because of it ....... :D

Note to self: shutup2

TXBLU
08-11-2002, 12:39 PM
I really would like to have the chance to show up on Wed, but I completely understand that some folks can't make it that day. It would be wrong to change days just to get a couple of new guys to show up if several 'regulars' have schedule conflicts on Wed. After talking with the guys at the hangar, I'm pretty sure I could alter my work schedule to attend a Thursday meet once a month. I really don't want to cause any probs for anyone else by whining too much!!!! :crying:

98Cobra
08-11-2002, 09:15 PM
Several reasons I don't support a move:

1) If we move it now, that makes it subject to change every month. I can see the 6 page threads now for each monthly meeting - its already a damned nightmare to choose a location that everyone likes. :)

2) You can't please everyone. We have it first Thursday's because that's what works for most people. I have missed at least 2 meetings this year due to conflicts - its ok to miss a meeting! We won't forget you, and we understand.

3) Those that normally have plans on Thursday: Hey, I feel for ya. See if you can get out of your plans once in a while, or go racing with us, or to another event. Just because you can't come to the meetings doesn't make you not a TALON member.

Silver_2000
08-11-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
Several reasons I don't support a move:

1) If we move it now, that makes it subject to change every month. I can see the 6 page threads now for each monthly meeting - its already a damned nightmare to choose a location that everyone likes. :)

2) You can't please everyone. We have it first Thursday's because that's what works for most people. I have missed at least 2 meetings this year due to conflicts - its ok to miss a meeting! We won't forget you, and we understand.

3) Those that normally have plans on Thursday: Hey, I feel for ya. See if you can get out of your plans once in a while, or go racing with us, or to another event. Just because you can't come to the meetings doesn't make you not a TALON member.

Well said !!!!

Doug

blueoval01
08-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Well said !!!!
Doug
Crap! I'll have to agree with Doug, but I'm trying to appreciate what Terry was trying to do for some guys that haven't been able to make a meeting at all. As in NONE, NADA, No way.

As for the post nightmare to figure out what's happening, we (in this case, Terry) should take full advantage of the Calender functionality within this forum software. Unless you keep up with the threads on a regular daily basis, your stuck with reading 3, 4, 5, 6 pages to figure out where everyone is at.

After this little conversation, I don't think schedule changes will be abused.

.... and that's all I have to say about that ......... IMHO

Silver_2000
08-12-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by blueoval01
As for the post nightmare to figure out what's happening, we (in this case, Terry) should take full advantage of the Calender functionality within this forum software. Unless you keep up with the threads on a regular daily basis, your stuck with reading 3, 4, 5, 6 pages to figure out where everyone is at.

I have done my best at keeping the events on the calendar BUT I could use some help !!!
http://talon.svtlightnings.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=665
Doug

L8 APEX
08-12-2002, 12:12 PM
I haven't heard any new conflitcs with Wednesday meetings?? I would like to have it Wed. if everyone can make it then we should move them all to Wednesday:D

98Cobra
08-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Well, that would mean you could make your Dive Club meetings.

Everyone is not going to be able to make Wednesdays either....

MadMax
08-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Well since Mon/Tue/Wed/Thursday will be school night...I vote on Friday's...plus you can get chit faced and don't have to work the next day...its a NO brainer....whats the problemo??? Thursday to Wednesday to Friday....

bahahahahahahah

:D

TXBLU
08-12-2002, 08:14 PM
Why don't we just leave it as it was. That would seem to be the least irritating for all concerned.:beer:

Silver_2000
08-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Wed is OUT ... I have been drinking beer with my soon to be laid off co-workers for 8 years every wed....

Priorities man.....

Doug

MadMax
08-12-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Wed is OUT ... I have been drinking beer with my soon to be laid off co-workers for 8 years every wed....

Priorities man.....

Doug

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully the recovery of this economy will start soon! :D

L8 APEX
08-13-2002, 06:00 AM
While were at it we should pick a fixed location since we are getting too big to be flexible. We need to make it a regular thing so there are no polls or long threads like Garret said. How about Papa's BBQ in the middle of the Metroplex first Thursdays at 6pm. Ahh I feel better already..

Sixpipes
08-13-2002, 07:37 AM
I'm for a permanent site for the monthly meetings. Papas has probably got the best location for parking and access. We can have smaller impromtu meetings at Bonedaddys, Hooters, etc..... Having said that, I would like to do Bonedaddys for September. I might even show up. :cool:

MadMax
08-13-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
I'm for a permanent site for the monthly meetings. Papas has probably got the best location for parking and access. We can have smaller impromtu meetings at Bonedaddys, Hooters, etc..... Having said that, I would like to do Bonedaddys for September. I might even show up. :cool:

SixpointFivePipes....could this have something TO DO with scantily clad babes or something... :eek:

I might have to start racing or something..lemme see Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur School...Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur School...see I am getting smart already repeating myself...or is this Alzheimer's or something :confused:

NOT...LOL j/k

Moonshine
08-13-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
While were at it we should pick a fixed location since we are getting too big to be flexible. We need to make it a regular thing so there are no polls or long threads like Garret said. How about Papa's BBQ in the middle of the Metroplex first Thursdays at 6pm. Ahh I feel better already..

Damn Terry, that's a good idea. :tu:

Crawford
08-13-2002, 04:15 PM
I will go along with this as well on one condition. We go ahead and have the meeting at Bonedaddy's one last time for September! I just cant get enought of those chopped beef sandwitches! :beer:

98Cobra
08-13-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine

Damn Terry, that's a good idea. :tu:

Here's another idea too - if we are deciding on Pappa's on NW Hwy each month, first Thursdays, we should talk to the place and see if they will reserve all that glorious covered space for us. We pull enough trucks to fill it, and they weren't busy at all otherwise and there is more than enough parking for their other, mere mortal customers. :D

Red2002
08-13-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by MadMax
I might have to start racing or something..lemme see Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur School...Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur School...see I am getting smart already repeating myself...or is this Alzheimer's or something :confused:
NOT...LOL j/k

John, met ya at Terry's a few months back.

I've got to get some of that 'stuff' that you are smokin'! Your posts would make SO much more sense if I was joining you in La-La land. :D:tu: :banana:

Make a meetin' dammit!

MadMax
08-14-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Red02SVTL

John, met ya at Terry's a few months back.

I've got to get some of that 'stuff' that you are smokin'! Your posts would make SO much more sense if I was joining you in La-La land. :D:tu: :banana:

Make a meetin' dammit!

My utmost apologies...I guess I must taper off the delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinal or someting....or wat dat Skyy Vodka :confused: whateva..

see you guys in a few years....I will be in school for some time to come.....have to keep up wit da Joneses....LOL :eek:

CruiseL99
08-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Okay so is the September meeting at Bonedaddy's or what? Is it on wed or thur? Staight answers people straight answers.:tu:

Sixpipes
08-25-2002, 03:43 PM
Bonedaddy's on Thursday September 5, from what I understand. Doug and I had lunch there yesterday just to make sure there hasn't been a drop in talent lately. :tu:

I can share a couple of photos from yesterday.............in the parking lot. :cool:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-28596.jpg

curtis75051
08-28-2002, 12:56 AM
Thrusday would be great for me. I can finally meet some of the members. Where is bonedaddys?:banana:

blueoval01
08-28-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by curtis75051
...... Where is bonedaddys?:banana:

North of LBJ on west side of Central Expressway ..... Across from Texas Instruments

ken cryder
08-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Never been there. Is it a restraunt or bar . Would like to bring my son .

curtis75051
08-28-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by ken cryder
Never been there. Is it a restraunt or bar . Would like to bring my son .

Like to know the same. There is no age limit is there?
:d

What time?

L8 APEX
08-28-2002, 11:54 PM
It is a family resturaunt with hot young chicks:D Look through the meeting pages on Doug's site (http://svtlightnings.com)

curtis75051
08-28-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by blueoval01

North of LBJ on west side of Central Expressway ..... Across from Texas Instruments

So take lbj all the way to central expressway? Not too familiar with n dallas

Silver_2000
09-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by curtis75051
So take lbj all the way to central expressway? Not too familiar with n dallas

Take 75 north to Spring Valley - Go West on Spring Valley it is RIGHT NEXT to 75 on south side of Spring Valley in plaza with Movie theater and other stuff.... Tough to miss...

I may not be able to make the meeting... Have meetings all week in Downtown... Have to see how it goes...
Doug

curtis75051
09-01-2002, 11:05 PM
I assuming it is still 6 pm. :banana:

Crawford
09-04-2002, 01:08 PM
TTT

See everyone at Bonedaddy's tomorrow night!

Logan
09-05-2002, 02:39 PM
I'll be there in the Marauder.

tliss
09-05-2002, 02:43 PM
:tu:

OneRedTXBolt
09-05-2002, 02:57 PM
I'll be there too! :eek2:

I can't wait to see that Marauder Logan! They're very impressive.

Anyone gonna be there a little early, like aroun 5:30?

Crawford
09-05-2002, 03:56 PM
I will be there a little before 5:30.

Logan
09-05-2002, 05:04 PM
I'm leaving now!! ;)

Be there in 20 min.

Silver_2000
09-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Not going to make it... Take tattoo pictures for me...

tliss
09-05-2002, 05:13 PM
I'm out the door. I neeeeeeeeeeeed beer!:beer:

Tom

ken cryder
09-05-2002, 10:21 PM
sorry i didn't make the meeting . i wouldn't have been very good company . completly bummed on blowing up my transmission . will hopefully be able to set up at ffw swapmeet but don't know yet if i will run . i guess i just wasted that entry fee. the converter couldn't handle the nitrous and it ballooned the converter the took out the rest of the trans in a big way .
ken

Logan
09-05-2002, 11:12 PM
Exploding convertors make a big mess don't they? :(

Sixpipes
09-06-2002, 08:39 AM
Body count from last night's meeting.

GenII - 21
GenI - 1
Marauder - 1
SVT Contour - 1
R/T - 1

Anyone take pictures?

98Cobra
09-06-2002, 09:46 AM
I have a few I will try to email Doug this weekend. It was pretty dark out there.

Boy I wish I had the camera out when HIHOAG left! LOL!

:throw:

Crawford
09-06-2002, 11:00 AM
Right! I cried laughing at what Mark did to the poor guy in the R/T! He had to roll up his windows because there was so much smoke! We all died over that one!

tliss
09-06-2002, 11:01 AM
I hear the Road/Turtle got "smoked". I was getting a ride in the pimp daddy Marauder when that happened. There sure was a lot of Lightning rubber on that parking lot!!:d

Tom

Mark #2
09-06-2002, 11:06 AM
Now serving at BoneDaddys...smoked R/T.

Sixpipes
09-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Well, I told the guy when I left the Contour was his only chance of success (that included Logan's Marauder). But nooooooo. Evidently he didn't listen, heh? So now HIHOAG is the local bada$$ or something. Amazing what another 50rwhp will do to your attitude. :p

Sixpipes
09-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
I have a few I will try to email Doug this weekend. It was pretty dark out there.

Boy I wish I had the camera out when HIHOAG left! LOL!

:throw:
Send them to me and I'll post them on TALON.

Mark #2
09-06-2002, 09:27 PM
6er writes,
"So now HIHOAG is the local bada$$ or something."

I've always been the "local" bada$$, just ask the
neighbors.:)

But how hard is that to do in Richardson???