10-21-2004, 02:02 PM
who's Doug?

Sandman
10-21-2004, 02:05 PM
http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/popcorn.gif

Crawford
10-21-2004, 02:07 PM
who's Doug?

Doug is the moderator of the site. He doesnt really like it much when someone who has never participated in the club or the forums come here and wastes his bandwidth trying to sell their vehicle.

How long have you owned your Lightning? Any mods?

jmorris
10-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Crawford,
How's the TC? :)

Crawford
10-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Jeff

I dont know who you are but I have an idea whats up here. The for sale forum on this site is for participating TALON members only. I feel a little miffed that the place I traded in my truck (Freeman Toyota) for $18,000 last night sends someone to this site which you are not a participating member and tries to sell it for $6800 more than they gave for it. Its not appreciated.

The tC still has two doors and four wheels. Thanks for asking... Jeff.

jmorris
10-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey Crawford,
I am a member and I was not aware of how much we put into your truck. I am just trying to sell the thing. I hope the TC works out for you...it is an awesome car. I was not trying to cause any problems with you. :)

Crawford
10-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey Crawford,
I am a member and I was not aware of how much we put into your truck. I am just trying to sell the thing. I hope the TC works out for you...it is an awesome car. I was not trying to cause any problems with you. :)

There is a difference between being a *participating* member and someone who just signed up on the forum just to sell a vehicle. This forum is a pretty tight local group. Its rude to come onto this forum just to sell a vehicle. I am going to assume that you dont own a Lightning and that you have never owned a Lightning. I will also assume that you have never participated in any discussions on this site and I predict that you never will outside this thread.

The fact that you come here with my old truck asking $6800 more than what you gave for it is a whole different can of worms that I dont appreciate.

Thanks for the well wishes on my new car. Good luck selling the truck.

L8 APEX
10-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Damn that is cold blodded trying to sell your truck to your buddies for a LOT more:throw: . When it gets down to 16K give me a call I'll buy it. Car salesmen are slime that price is not a good deal:bs . New ones are 28K with rebates that is 3 years newer. I feel for you Crawford, make sure to make a note of this in your satisfation report or call you get from Toyota in a few days:flaming: . That will get their attention:tu:

jmorris
10-21-2004, 03:30 PM
There is a difference between being a *participating* member and someone who just signed up on the forum just to sell a vehicle. This forum is a pretty tight local group. Its rude to come onto this forum just to sell a vehicle. I am going to assume that you dont own a Lightning and that you have never owned a Lightning. I will also assume that you have never participated in any discussions on this site and I predict that you never will outside this thread.

The fact that you come here with my old truck asking $6800 more than what you gave for it is a whole different can of worms that I dont appreciate.

Thanks for the well wishes on my new car. Good luck selling the truck.

I certainly did not mean to step on any toes...i just didn't think it was a big deal if I came on here trying to sell a truck. Sorry I offended you. I will delete the post if that is what you would like.
Jeff

Crawford
10-21-2004, 04:07 PM
I certainly did not mean to step on any toes...i just didn't think it was a big deal if I came on here trying to sell a truck. Sorry I offended you. I will delete the post if that is what you would like.
Jeff

Well first of all the reason you know about this site is because of the svtlightnings.com sticker on the back of the truck so you should have known I would see the post. Then you come on here and make it look like you are are an individual trying to sell a truck. Before you came into this forum you should have read this:

Items for sale or Items Wanted
Lets try to keep them relatively SVT related.
This is intended for the TALON member to sell the occasional item.
NOT for a business to market products.

which is posted right below the link for the for sale section. You are not a member of this club despite the fact that you have joined the forum. You are a business trying to market a product.

And you didnt think it would be a big deal???

I dont want you to delete the post. I noticed you decided to remove you phone number though. Leave it up so all the *MEMBERS* of TALON can see whats going on around here.

tliss
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
I think we need to pull out the torches and pitch forks and have us a good ol' lynching. A little vigilante justice is in order here...

Tom

Crawford
10-21-2004, 04:26 PM
I feel for you Crawford, make sure to make a note of this in your satisfation report or call you get from Toyota in a few days:flaming: . That will get their attention:tu:

Oh I plan to...

Silver_2000
10-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Jeff Morris

As Crawford said we dont take kindly to people who only come here to hawk goods. We are a friendly bunch and we might even let Crawford hang around as long as he parks the Toyota in a different lot .. LOL

I bet you didnt know that this site is highly ranked in both Google and Yahoo - by posting here on violation of the rules you agreed to when you signed up - you have just made sure that your name and your dealerships name are permanently asscociated with the kind of business you did here - I'll be checking your IPs to see whose network you used to do this and may report to them as well.

I bet your bosses at the Toyota Dealer will be proud of you now... Oh you mean they dont know ? - Dont worry - Ill call -

One more thing As was stated you can get a new lightning for 26K after incentives - Why would someone buy yours for that price ??

Doug

PS wanted to add some text for google to use :
Freeman toyota salesperson banned here was selling a used car for Nearly 50% above market - Sounds like a ripoff to me - Freeman Toyota sells overpriced cars as evidenced here. Just think in a few days or a week you will be able to google Freeman Toyota Dallas and get info on this ripoff artist :banana:

jcblack
10-21-2004, 06:11 PM
For sale Black 2001 Ford Lightning
Power windows, Power locks, Power Seat/Mirrors
47,500 miles, excellent condition...all maintainance records
New Tires (Toyo)
will post pics upon request
24,800 OBO
Let me know
Thanks,
Jeff
jmorr73600@yahoo.com
First clue for me that something wasnt right is when he listed power windows, locks, seats, and mirrors. Duh

Crawford
10-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Well I called my salesman and expressed my dissatisfaction with the ethics of this guy and the dealership. I still cant believe what this guy did. Oh well... :flaming:

98Cobra
10-22-2004, 04:43 PM
What did he say?

Have you ripped anybody up yet Doug?

Silver_2000
10-22-2004, 05:05 PM
What did he say?

Have you ripped anybody up yet Doug?'

No been too busy ...

blueoval01
10-22-2004, 06:38 PM
PS wanted to add some text for google to use :
Freeman toyota salesperson banned here was selling a used car for Nearly 50% above market - Sounds like a ripoff to me - Freeman Toyota sells overpriced cars as evidenced here. Just think in a few days or a week you will be able to google Freeman Toyota Dallas and get info on this ripoff artist :banana: Bend them over Doug. :mad:
Taking advantage of Crawford like that isn't right. :Bullshit

Crawford ..... sorry to hear you've traded the L.
Unfortunately, I know all too well what your going through.

Crawford
10-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Bend them over Doug. :mad:
Taking advantage of Crawford like that isn't right. :Bullshit

Crawford ..... sorry to hear you've traded the L.
Unfortunately, I know all too well what your going through.

Thanks Mark. It was pretty tough. I was actually teary eyed when I knew the deal was done. I miss my truck already. It was the best vehicle I ever owned and will probably go down as my all time favorite. Hopefully this move will help me squash my credit card debt which is why I had to do what I did. I will be lookin to get back into something fast (think 04 L) in a couple years! Maybe Ford will pull their asses out of their heads and build the gen 3 and that will be the next ride... who knows...

Unfortunately for the rest of the TALON members I will be sticking around for a while. :twitch:

03LightningRocks
10-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey Sam.............sorry to read all this. This guy is one slimy sac of sh!t to pull something of this nature.

On a lighter topic....bring that rice burner out to Ennis and help Talon get some points. We can give another fire safety class:throw: .

It doesn't have to be a Lightning to race it:D .

Rocks:beer:

Crawford
10-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey Sam.............sorry to read all this. This guy is one slimy sac of sh!t to pull something of this nature.

On a lighter topic....bring that rice burner out to Ennis and help Talon get some points. We can give another fire safety class:throw: .

It doesn't have to be a Lightning to race it:D .

Uhhhh I might do more damage than good at this point. I have not driven a single manual transmission vehicle in over 3 years. I am still trying to get used to it again. Once I break it in and get better at driving it maybe I will head out there and try to make a fool of myself. I am curious as to how she will run in the 1/4 anyway. I plan to take it to Hallsville for the TALON classic to make a pass. Gotta look on the bright side, I wont need a helmet to race anymore!!! LOL :rll:

dboat
10-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Sam,
the curiosity has me... what is a tc? :confused:
Dana

03LightningRocks
10-23-2004, 01:08 AM
Dana...I am thinking, Toyota Carolla(sp).

That's cool Sam. I wanted to make sure you knew that myself...and others I'm sure.....still welcome you at our race track events.

sonicbluetommy
10-23-2004, 04:17 AM
You know since a bunch of your parts ended up on my truck, it's got your name in it. Anytime you want to rev her up or run a pass at the strip give a shout.

Lookin forward to more :beer:

dboat
10-23-2004, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=03LightningRocks]Dana...I am thinking, Toyota Carolla(sp).

Thanks Ron..

Sam, I bet that is a change, but at least you dont have to go to the gas station as much and now you get to buy regular and hi-test.

I know it must be hard, but getting ones finances under control is incredibly important. Once you do, dont ever go back.

Dana

Crawford
10-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys... I appreciate it.

The vehicle change will save me around $300 per month. That will help out a bunch with the bills.

Here is a pic of a tC. Its not mine but mine will look like this next week when it gets lowered. Mine is the same color. This one has the lowering springs and "mud flaps" on it. I already got the windows tinted. I just want to get the XM radio mod and a short throw shifter then it is done. No more mods. Trying to make this car go fast would be a serious waste of time and money ya know? :D

tliss
10-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys... I appreciate it.

The vehicle change will save me around $300 per month. That will help out a bunch with the bills.

Here is a pic of a tC. Its not mine but mine will look like this next week when it gets lowered. Mine is the same color. This one has the lowering springs and "mud flaps" on it. I already got the windows tinted. I just want to get the XM radio mod and a short throw shifter then it is done. No more mods. Trying to make this car go fast would be a serious waste of time and money ya know? :D
You know one of us is going to kidnap that thing and put a fart can on it to spite you. :rll: This will require the help of the crew at Overhaulin'. I'm on it.

Tom

L8 APEX
10-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Doesn't modding the TC just dig you back in the hole:confused: . Leave it alone and get an L sooner!:hammer:

StormShadow
10-23-2004, 06:15 PM
I like that car Sam. How much we talking here? bout 300 a month?

Crawford
10-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Wont put me in the hole. I have made allowances to have a little money for a couple mods with all the L parts I sold.

My payments are about 270/mo. Much better than the 440/mo I was paying. BUT you get what ya pay for. :D

Tatom Mack
10-23-2004, 11:19 PM
lmao at that price i paid 20,500 for 2001 red clean history 43000 miles i hope they stick it in you for this.