PDA

View Full Version : College Football & the BCS

Sixpipes
10-16-2004, 01:11 PM
One of the better articles I've read lately. If you are not a fan of the BCS (and who is), you'll enjoy it as well. :cool:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpbmdmam0wBF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=dw-inthenavy101504&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

dboat
10-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Good find Dennis,

And if I remember correctly, the young men that play at Navy are held to certain height/weight rules that are not in place at the other "major" universities. What would happen if everyone had to play by their rules?

Thanks for sharing
Dana

Tex Arcana
10-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Werd on that.. that was an excellent article. It's sad how money has completely corrupted all amateur sports. :(

Shiner1
10-18-2004, 02:20 PM
Great article. TCU was in the same boat (pardon the pun) last year. On the verge of an unbeaten season and no real hope for a major bowl...forget a run at the BCS. I hate the BCS system. Let's boycott college football until they adopt a playoff system.

TreeFiddy
10-18-2004, 02:54 PM
I'm just excited that once again Florida State has a chance to screw up the BCS. If Miami loses a game FSU will pass them in the polls. Every year they tweak the rules, and every year FSU finds a way to take advantage of it. :tu:

I'm all for a playoff system. The colleges would make SO much more money if they did it, and they don't realize it. I don't know anybody that watches every bowl, but if you thought your team might be playing them next you probably would.