PDA

View Full Version : Herb's Washers

Tex Arcana
10-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Okay, if this is in the wrong place, whack me with a noodle, but I need a quick reply.

Does ANYONE have any Herb's Washers for sale, locally?? I found out I don't have 'em, I"m clunking bad, and need 'em. I've got to put the beast in for that, the tie-rod inspection, and an aliignment, in case I end up leaving town for Florida (May have a job doing disaster inspections for FEMA).

If anyone has any, or a way to find 'em fast, I would greatly appreciate it. THank you in advance.

dboat
10-10-2004, 03:51 AM
That guy in my old post isnt making them anymore?

I did look all over my links for them for ya. Sorry I couldnt find anything. Terry may be the best one to ask.
Dana

PoorSvtman
10-10-2004, 11:17 AM
http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/suspension/herbs_washers.htm

did a quick search on yahoo for herbwashers and this was the first link to pop up. Tim skelton site is full of info :tu:

Nuhklz
10-10-2004, 11:56 AM
http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/suspension/herbs_washers.htm

did a quick search on yahoo for herbwashers and this was the first link to pop up. Tim skelton site is full of info :tu: Good detective work! I also have the dreaded clunk need to do something about it.

Email sent.

BC Lightning
10-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Here is the E-mail he wrote to me:

Hey ,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I went to the Nopi Nationals at Atlanta Motor speedway. There was a lot of ricers there and about 5 or so Lightning's showed up in the car show event. It was a blast, If you get a chance in your area, you should check it out.

I make them out of 304 SS with NO corrosion to worry about.

You only need one set ( 2 washers), used on the Drivers Side Lower Control Arm.

If you would like a set, Please send a Check, Money Order or Cash for $30.00 to the address listed below. Sorry, No Pal. I will ship them as soon as I get the money. I pay for shipping them out by US First Class mail in the US and they usually get to you quickly. I can send them by US Priority mail or Overnight US Mail, just pay the additional cost of postage plus $30.00 for washers. US Priority mail:$5.00 extra, Overnight US mail, $15.00 extra.

If you need them sent faster, then include the extra money for the way you want them sent: FedEx, UPS, or Airborne Express, plus add $10.00, I live about 50 miles RT from the nearest FedEx, UPS, Airborne Express location and it is an extra hassle for me.

Example, Cost of shipping them by FedEx, UPS, or Airborne Express Overnight: $15.00 - $20.00 shipping charges, plus $10.00 handling, plus $30.00 for washers = $55.00 - $60.00 total cost. US first class mail is much cheaper for you since I pay to ship them and I usually ship them the same day I receive the money. But if you need them sent quicker, I will make the extra effort to get them to you sooner as long as you pay me to do it. Estimated costs for regular ground Transportation: UPS, FedEx, Airborne shipping is $6.00 - $9.00, 2nd day air $10.00 - $14.00.

If you live outside the US, please send the extra money for the cost of international postage.

Also, Please send me your E-mail address, First and Last name with your payment, I'll send you an E-mail back with a tracking number as soon as they ship. This is not my full time paying job, so I accommodate requests for faster shipping, the best I can.

David Lynn

301 Katherine St.

Grovetown, GA. 30813-2429

Silver_2000
10-10-2004, 01:09 PM
David Lynn is also known as DL

He has an interesting past in the Lightning community. Doesnt have much respect for rules or for others work.

You could call Metco or JDM they both sell clunk washers

Doug

BC Lightning
10-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Doug he also sent me this e-mail later too, thought you might want to take a look at it

Mike,
I would appreciate, if you see a post on any of the forums (F150online, NLOC, SVT, F150world, etc) asking about clunk washers, you would tell them to get the washers from me and/or give them my E-Mail address. I recently got in an argument with Doug on a thread on F150 and he booted me off www.f150online.com (outbind://2/www.f150online.com) then Doug had
Big D boot me off www.NLOC.net (outbind://2/www.NLOC.net), thanks to Doug. You can find me on http://www.modularfords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10 (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10) . Check it out, lots of experience on this board and the moderators are more tolerate. I don't know when I'll get out of jail on F150 and NLOC and I'm not begging. If you want, Feel free to support a get "DL" out of jail on those forums. Either way, you'll get your washers. Just thought I would let you guys know why I'm not on those two forums anymore.

Silver_2000
10-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Doug he also sent me this e-mail later too, thought you might want to take a look at it

Mike,
I would appreciate, if you see a post on any of the forums (F150online, NLOC, SVT, F150world, etc) asking about clunk washers, you would tell them to get the washers from me and/or give them my E-Mail address. I recently got in an argument with Doug on a thread on F150 and he booted me off www.f150online.com (outbind://2/www.f150online.com) then Doug had
Big D boot me off www.NLOC.net (outbind://2/www.NLOC.net), thanks to Doug. You can find me on http://www.modularfords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10 (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10) . Check it out, lots of experience on this board and the moderators are more tolerate. I don't know when I'll get out of jail on F150 and NLOC and I'm not begging. If you want, Feel free to support a get "DL" out of jail on those forums. Either way, you'll get your washers. Just thought I would let you guys know why I'm not on those two forums anymore.
Thats funny - DL wants to sell product in violation of the Vendor Rules on F150 and wants you to feel sorry for him cause we are picking on him.. LOL thats funny - Its also funny that he attributes his loss of rights on NLOC to me. Im sure it had NOTHING to do with him flaunting the rules there.

Seems he cant post anywhere
I would appreciate, if you see a post on any of the forums (F150online, NLOC, SVT, F150world, etc) asking about clunk washers, you would tell them to get the washers from me and/or give them my E-Mail address.
A while back He spent too long trying to tell me that I didnt buy Washers from Metco - Even after i posted the shipping box and receipt he was trying to make people believe that it wasnt true. Its funny.

He has been a bit of a pain for years - Intentionally getting sideways with the rules for years - I met him at Cecil Dragway - He was completely different in person than on line.

I just dont trust him - He view of the truth changes depending on who he is talking to and about ...

Nuhklz
10-10-2004, 04:17 PM
I just want to get rid of the clunk and not get involved in any BS.

Silver_2000
10-10-2004, 05:10 PM
I just want to get rid of the clunk and not get involved in any BS.
Larry

We gave you 4 different ways to get the washers.

There are at least 2 different clunks. Make sure the A arms on your truck are actually moving first.

You can see the clunk bolt that moves here http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/james/james_2001.htm

I have metco washers on mine and mine still clunks every time I back out of my garage ... As I said - There are at least 2 separate causes of clunks.

Doug

Tex Arcana
10-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Larry

There are at least 2 different clunks. Make sure the A arms on your truck are actually moving first.

You can see the clunk bolt that moves here http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/james/james_2001.htm

I have metco washers on mine and mine still clunks every time I back out of my garage ... As I said - There are at least 2 separate causes of clunks.

Doug

What's cause #2?

Also, got links to Metco or JDM? I looked on JOhnny Lightning, but nada. TO be bluntly honest, I hesitate to mail a check to someone I've never met or dealt with; would rather put it on a credit card, in case the guy tries to dick me. :nono:

Thanks for the replies, folks... I do appreciate it. I screwed up and missed my inspection in August; if I end up going out of town, and taking my truck, I'll want both the inspection and the clunk fixed.

Again, thanks.

Silver_2000
10-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Teamjdm.com is JDMs site - As I said you need to CALL them
Metco has a site - not sure what it is

The 2nd clunk is caused by steering stops - Terry can explain better than me..

Doug

Tex Arcana
10-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Teamjdm.com is JDMs site - As I said you need to CALL them
Metco has a site - not sure what it is

The 2nd clunk is caused by steering stops - Terry can explain better than me..

Doug

Gotcha.. thanks.. steering stops is easy: yer hittin' 'em. :p I do it all the time, no matter how hard I try.

Thanks!

Nuhklz
10-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Larry

Doug Thanks. I'll look into it further before I spend any $.

Silver_2000
10-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Gotcha.. thanks.. steering stops is easy: yer hittin' 'em. :p I do it all the time, no matter how hard I try.

Thanks!
Thats why I said at least 2 - Because in my case something else is making noise, because the clunk occurs well BEFORE the steering is at its full lock... It almost feels like something is loose --

Basically I back up at an angle and hit the brakes and I hear a clunk.

whitelightning'02
10-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Thats why I said at least 2 - Because in my case something else is making noise, because the clunk occurs well BEFORE the steering is at its full lock... It almost feels like something is loose --

Yep :tu: , excatly the same thing mine was doing before I took it back to the dealer. I talked with the alignment / front end guy (He has a Gen I) and said it didn't need clunk washers...no movement there. But one of the other bolts was loose :eek: so they tightened the piss outta it. Have not heard it do it since and that was 4k miles ago.

Saweeeet!
:beer:
Lee

Tex Arcana
10-11-2004, 03:53 PM

Did you get your tie-rod ends inspected, per the TSB?

Tex Arcana
10-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Yep :tu: , excatly the same thing mine was doing before I took it back to the dealer. I talked with the alignment / front end guy (He has a Gen I) and said it didn't need clunk washers...no movement there. But one of the other bolts was loose :eek: so they tightened the piss outta it. Have not heard it do it since and that was 4k miles ago.

Saweeeet!
:beer:
Lee

Yanno.. when I had mine in 2+ years ago, they tightened the one with the slot, and the crossmember near there (trans member, I think)... that could loosen up and pop under frame flex...

eDIT: The tighetning on mine last over 2 years/25000 miles... but I'm not gonna chance it any more.

Silver_2000
10-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Did you get your tie-rod ends inspected, per the TSB?
Nope - Dont have a front end shop I trust

Tex Arcana
10-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Nope - Dont have a front end shop I trust

There is a Firestone over in the general vicinity of the Tollway/190 (???--I'll have to ask), that has a front-end guy who's very good, and very accomodating to racers and hotrodders; couple that with the $169 lifetime alignment warranty, you have a guy who's trustworthy and talented, and all the alignment you could ever want.

I'll track down the info, and pass it on to ya. :tu:

Alpine
10-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Nope - Dont have a front end shop I trustFort Worth Champion Spring, they are the best.