PDA

View Full Version : apten port

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 01:52 PM
i have the WASP port job for those of you who know what that is... i was wondering, is it possible for me to send in my PORTED blower into Apten and have them re-port it the correct Apten way???

sounds silly, but i think there might be a chance of it because iv heard the WASP port isnt opened up as big as Apten....

if anyone knows much about this, i have pictures of what mine looks like, but cant just post them up... but would email them to you ...

i emailed Apten a day or two ago but havent heard back from them yet....

Nuhklz
09-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Insert popcorn icon here. This is going to be interesting.

BLACKSUNSHINE
09-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Call and ask.

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 02:25 PM
:rll:

but really, im serious.... people have told me i made a mistake with the port job and I agree, i probably did... i never got that 'seat of the pants' difference or the numbers like everyone says they get with the Apten...

and get this... with the ported blower and 4lb pulley I see 11-12lbs of boost... i actually did the "search" feature and found that this is NOT normal,... so dont :throw:

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 02:38 PM
i just talked to brandon at Apten... he said that its possible he could report my blower but obviously he would have to see it... he said realistly I should see 25-30 hp increase, and i did a before/after dyno at speedworks and I saw 9rwhp... and that was only about a weeks difference on same weather conditions...

im seriously contemplating buying a new blower and having Apten port it... if I did I would like to buy a new stock blower and send it to them so I could still drive around and not have any downtime..., does anyone have a stock blower to fit a 00

and/or

would anyone be interested in buying my ported blower?

03LightningRocks
09-22-2004, 03:15 PM
i just talked to brandon at Apten... he said that its possible he could report my blower but obviously he would have to see it... he said realistly I should see 25-30 hp increase, and i did a before/after dyno at speedworks and I saw 9rwhp... and that was only about a weeks difference on same weather conditions...

im seriously contemplating buying a new blower and having Apten port it... if I did I would like to buy a new stock blower and send it to them so I could still drive around and not have any downtime..., does anyone have a stock blower to fit a 00

and/or

would anyone be interested in buying my ported blower?By the time you buy a blower and then pay to have it ported, you could have spent about the same money on a Magnum Powers case from JDM. You can use your rotors from your blower in the Magnum case......and have some serious boost available.

Just a thought...........Call JDM if you want to know prices. Sorry, they're probably not available on Ebay yet:hammer: .

03LightningRocks
09-22-2004, 03:21 PM
One more thing....you made a comment about how "opened up" it is. This is not what it's about. It is where ithe blower is opened up. If you could just cut a bunch of metal off and make a bigger hole, any dingle berry could do it. As you learned............some dingle berry's shouldn't being fooling around with trying to port super chargers.

:rolleyes: I just can't wait to see what unfolds when you decide to get ported heads...:rll: . That should be entertaining.

03LightningRocks
09-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Well sh!t.....you have me on a roll. Why would anyone want to buy your PHucked up ported blower:rll: . You have posted on all three forums about how screwed up it is.

Just get the damned Magnum case and put your rotors in it.........;) . Then use your Wes Special Ported case as a boat anchor(Sp?)....:D

BLACKSUNSHINE
09-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I'll buy your blower case it would make a kick ass wall decor! or maybe a desk lamp base knana

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 03:33 PM
oh

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 03:36 PM
well its not phucked up... its still better than stock for someone who wants a little extra HP... its not like its worthless and worse than it originally was....

some bargin shopper will want it :d

03LightningRocks
09-22-2004, 03:38 PM
I'll buy your blower case it would make a kick ass wall decor! or maybe a desk lamp base knana
Actually........that's a pretty cool idea about the desk lamp. The only drawback is having to think of Scott everytime you turn on the light:rll: ............Just kidding you Scott.

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 03:40 PM
its all good, iv actually come accustomed to this roll I have in Talon...

Actually........that's a pretty cool idea about the desk lamp. The only drawback is having to think of Scott everytime you turn on the light:rll: ............Just kidding you Scott.

03LightningRocks
09-22-2004, 03:44 PM
well its not phucked up... its still better than stock for someone who wants a little extra HP... its not like its worthless and worse than it originally was....

some bargin shopper will want it :d
I would consider a, LOSS OF BOOST, pretty Phucked Up:tu: .

The Kenne Bell and Magnum don't compare. The magnum is a little better than an APTEN(read that...not some knock off called a wasp). I watched a fellow get low elevens to high tens on a Magnum in Houston....for gods sake...please don't ask me what other mods he had...LOL.

The Kenne Bell is about the best, but costs 3500-4000.

If you want happiness....please PHUCKING listen to me this time. Get the GAWD DAMNED magnum case and put your rotors in it. CALL PHUCKING JIM AND ASK HIM THE PRICE> quit with the websight sh!t. Beg him...plead and then pay what he PHUCKING asks for it.

How was that for patience????:cool:

bobbywade69
09-22-2004, 03:47 PM
I think there is help out there for ya!!! :evil Like AA meetings but for Posting Whores!!! :postwhore :d

03LightningRocks
09-22-2004, 03:51 PM
I think there is help out there for ya!!! :evil Like AA meetings but for Posting Whores!!! :postwhore :d

Hey Bobby....I thought you had him on a leash:D . If he get's out again....it's gonna cost you:evil .

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 03:54 PM
bobby u got like 3x as many posts than i do, slut

03LightningRocks
09-22-2004, 03:58 PM
I have to go get my trailer..........think about it Scott. Do it right...or don't do it at allknana .

Later fella's:beer:

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 04:02 PM
thanks for the advice uncle Rocks.... im thinking about it... i think it would be cool to be the first Talon member with a magnum.... i would be first right?

Silver_2000
09-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Scott
The thread you posted looking to trade you ported blower on F150online.com is against the rules - It is only allowed in the classifieds

Your post was deleted by the ******* moderator over there :rll:

Doug

BLACKSUNSHINE
09-22-2004, 04:08 PM
You know cam shaft lamps look cool too. OR and upside down broken piston?....ash tray!....hehe :throw:

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 04:18 PM
thanx doug

just got off phone with Julie and Anthony at JDM... he reccomended that I did the LT before I upgraded to the Magnum. but said if I got a LT + Magnum at same time they would probably hook me up...

so im gonna try and save up for this....

bobbywade69
09-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Sorry about that Ron I'll try to keep he on tha leash!!!:beer:

As for me having more post than u Scott the only difference is I ask a different question each time, not the same one just drawn out!!! :D

Hey Bobby....I thought you had him on a leash:D . If he get's out again....it's gonna cost you:evil .

bobbywade69
09-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Go with the Magnum!!! And the long tubes I think u will be set for awhile!!!:tu:

Avalanche
09-22-2004, 04:33 PM
I was considering sending my extra Blower off to Apten to have it ported but then I am also considering getting the Magnum case from JDM. Right now I am running Terrys' old ported blower and don't get me wrong I am around 16 to 17 lbs of boost but I want more!!@!!!!

Ron I have an extra starting line for you to take to L Fest if you want.:rll:

Nuhklz
09-22-2004, 04:51 PM
I'm on my second tub of popcorn http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

BLACKSUNSHINE
09-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Anybody ever used a engine block as a coffee table? :D

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 05:00 PM
see with the ported blower and my 4lb im only seeing 12lbs of boost.... unless my autometer guage is screwed up....

bobbywade69
09-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Yes u need a new gauge I have to hit it for it to be correct sometimes it gets stuck!!! :nono:

see with the ported blower and my 4lb im only seeing 12lbs of boost.... unless my autometer guage is screwed up....

00Bolt
09-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Yes u need a new gauge I have to hit it for it to be correct sometimes it gets stuck!!! :nono:

my truck is pissing me off :hammer:

blueoval01
09-22-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm on my second tub of popcorn http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Oh Brother ....... I'm on my 2nd 12-pack ..........
It really pays to go to the right people the first time..........
:bows ...........

BLACKSUNSHINE
09-22-2004, 05:37 PM

Sell me that too, I can make a clock out of it.

wesman
09-22-2004, 06:41 PM
If you decide you want a Apten and need a stock blower I've got one off of my '00 that the Kenne Bell replaced.

--wes

cpeapea
09-22-2004, 08:44 PM
cam shaft lamp...hmm sounds cool. maybe i can use those stock cams for something after all:evil

Nuhklz
09-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Oh Brother ....... I'm on my 2nd 12-pack ..........
It really pays to go to the right people the first time..........
:bows ...........
Amen, brotha!

FRDRCING
09-22-2004, 11:22 PM
I was going to send my blower to Apten but with the long wait time it's going to be with the special they are running, did some more research and had mark at LFP Port my Stock eaton and looks as close as you can to a APTEN Port Job as seen In pictures that have been posted. I just got it back on the truck tonight and damn this thing is ALIVE. I may be wrong but does terry use LFP for his porting work? I had sal at PSP fine tune the chip for the ported blower and damn did he tune it. I can't wait to get to the dyno next weekend. As the mods in my sig with the added ported eaton can I see 400 on the dyno?

StormShadow
09-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I was going to send my blower to Apten but with the long wait time it's going to be with the special they are running, did some more research and had mark at LFP Port my Stock eaton and looks as close as you can to a APTEN Port Job as seen In pictures that have been posted. I just got it back on the truck tonight and damn this thing is ALIVE. I may be wrong but does terry use LFP for his porting work? I had sal at PSP fine tune the chip for the ported blower and damn did he tune it. I can't wait to get to the dyno next weekend. As the mods in my sig with the added ported eaton can I see 400 on the dyno?
You will probably see between 400 - 410. How much boost are you running?

FRDRCING
09-27-2004, 08:36 PM
You will probably see between 400 - 410. How much boost are you running?

I am running:
4# Lower
JLP Ram AIR
95 Maf
C&L Inlet
AccufabTB
Ported Blower
Pace Setter Shorties
Silver Bullet
FTVB
2400 Stall
4:10's
Lakewoods
NGK TR6's
PSP Flip Chip
Dyno Tuned By sal

WA 2 FST
09-28-2004, 09:14 AM
Terry told me he does indeed use LFP ported blowers, and has been pleased with them.

Let us know how you make out. I'm guessing the 4.10s will cost you a bit of HP on the dyno, but you should still make over 400rwhp, and I'm sure most of us would be very interested in the gains over the stock blower.

BLACKSUNSHINE
09-28-2004, 05:38 PM
cam shaft lamp...hmm sounds cool. maybe i can use those stock cams for something after all:evil

gaven, Kenneys muffler shop in hurst sells them all chrome and shi* they look cool!, and you can weld so I say make a couple up, i'd buy one from you.

cpeapea
09-28-2004, 08:18 PM
gaven, Kenneys muffler shop in hurst sells them all chrome and shi* they look cool!, and you can weld so I say make a couple up, i'd buy one from you.
dammit! now you are giving me ideas, now im going to go look for lamp parts this weekend.

anyone else want any random lightning parts turned into conversation centerpieces? lol:rll:

Avalanche
09-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Ken has a windowed block if anyone needs a coffee table.:rll:

sonicbluetommy
09-28-2004, 09:25 PM
I heard the pistons make great coasters!!!!!

cpeapea
09-28-2004, 09:51 PM
they make great ash trays too.