PDA

View Full Version : Electric fan

Jester
09-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey guys, how bad is the installation of an electric fan kit? Looking to buy one soon with the Cobra R water pump, and I was wondering if I could do it myself.

tliss
09-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Hey guys, how bad is the installation of an electric fan kit? Looking to buy one soon with the Cobra R water pump, and I was wondering if I could do it myself.
If you have minimal mechanical skills, you should be able to put it in without too much trouble. I'm sure you could persuade someone here to help, if you needed it.

Tom

99WhiteBeast
09-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Its fairly easy- I recommend the LFP Kit- the wiring seems to be straight forward.

Cobra R- waste of money IMO

Shiner1
09-20-2004, 11:27 PM
I installed a flex-a-lite dual fan. The instructions were for sh!t but it wasn't to hard to figure out. It did take up the better part of the afternoon though.

BC Lightning
09-20-2004, 11:32 PM
It took me a few hours to get the fan and water pump in (I was also installing the pulley too) The cobra R pump is a waste IMO also. I got one from Terry.

L8 APEX
09-20-2004, 11:45 PM
The Mustang water pump is chosen for a few reasons. Older trucks like a NEW water pump if they have any miles on them. It is aluminum and 4#'s lighter than stock steel units. Some fan kits need the clearance and the Mustang pump has a 2-3" shorter snout than stock truck pumps. It also has a more efficiently designed impeller than stock truck pumps. So there are a few reasons for choosing the Mustang pump.

ghostt
09-21-2004, 02:16 AM
any one ever try a gut swap on the water pump if it possible to get better flow rate but keep the stock body

Jester
09-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Sweeet, Those are my next mods. I don't know how many other mods I'll do, but I'm gonna see what I can get without a chip or pulley, I'd be happy at low-mid 13s, if my CAI and fan kit get me there. :banana: