PDA

View Full Version : I need more power!!!

RCrown2
08-02-2002, 01:39 AM
:vomit: I just bought my '02 true blue lightning in june, and since then, i have had bassani high flow cats and cat-back system, a billet grille, 2in drop in rear, a 4 lb lower pulley, and custom chip burned for pulley and extra power from superchips. now i have some questions.........the exhaust system sounds like a beast, but the tips that came with it have melted my ground effect and leaves the tips looking crappy and, well, part of my truck melted, do you know where i can look to get some different tips? and also, i am still not really satisfied with the power i have, please tell me anything i can do to give more horsepower and torque, i crave more!!!! and would putting different headers on make a big enough difference for the cost? i'm not sure. please help me out.:(

Thanks,

Richard

L8 APEX
08-02-2002, 07:05 AM
Sounds like you have a mismatch of parts and poor install on the exhaust. There are a lot of Bassani systems out there that fit fine. A 4# lower with chip and filter is a 12 second truck unless the program is off. You could try a custom reburn. Next power adding bolt on is an Accufab TB. They work great with large pulleys. You need to dyno or get track times to see if you are low or not.

RCrown2
08-02-2002, 12:24 PM
thank you for answering my questions. where can i get and Accufab TB? I haven't really been to any tracks yet, and i don't know where to go to have my truck dynoed. could you tell me some good places to go and where to go for the track. do you think that aftermarket headers would be worth installing?

L8 APEX
08-02-2002, 12:42 PM
I have Accufabs look on my website. A lot of guys use the Speedworks dyno in Lewisville.

RCrown2
08-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Do you have a store here in the north Texas location? if so what's the name and where is it. i have already looked at the accufab site and sent in an order form for the TB. but i would like some better suspension. if i bought it from you could you install it?

L8 APEX
08-02-2002, 05:19 PM
You haven't been around here long eh? LOL. I have one of the best handling road race Lightnings in the state. I have lowered Red02SVTL's truck and RedNemisis01 has a full race package. The general sales manager at Bankston has one of my setups also. I work out of a shop in Duncanville or at the track at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson. You don't need to order one from Accufab I have half a dozen sitting on the shelf. Click on the link in my sig and look around:tu:

RCrown2
08-02-2002, 06:59 PM
Well, can i cancel and order on the accufab site? b/c i have already sent my credit card number and address for the TB. If there is a way i can cancel, i wouldn't have a problem buying the TB and a few suspension parts, and maybe some more performance parts. can you give me the address to the shop you work at?
Thanks

L8 APEX
08-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Check with them Monday and se if it went out already. They are supposed to refer D/FW customers to me:rolleyes: My buddy's shop is at 803 Main St.

BlkLightning
08-03-2002, 02:38 AM
Terry I think what he needs is a 500+ cid BBF with the KB on top pushing 20 PSI. ::eek2: :d

Just kidding. Terry is awesome, buy all your goodies from him. I have. :tu:

Accufab is next on my list... with mods very similar to yours I've run 13.26 @ 103.50 on street tires with the !traction mod. :rolleyes: