PDA

View Full Version : No longer a plug change virgin

DamonH
09-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Well this weekend I figured I had pushed my luck far enough w/ the L rolling 40k miles and me never even touching the spark plugs. :eek: I also did the fuel filter and it still looked brand new, so that's a good sign that helps re-affirm me going to the same pump everytime is a good thing. heh So the plug job wasn't bad at all! I'm not sure if it's because I heard sooo many horror stories, had the right tools for the job, or have experience working under a 300Z hood, but it was rather painless. :tu: I have lotsa extensions and swivels from working on my old Z, but did have to get a 7mm socket swivel for #5. This job would be impossible without swivels. Truck runs like a champ now (this cooler weather probably doesn't hurt either!). Next step, get that Monsterbox in. Still debating on tackling it myself or having Terry do it. He's just so dang far from me. I'm sure he could still get it done faster even including the trips back and forth. Crap I dunno what I'm gonna do. Not much info on people doing it themselves, if I do I'll be sure and do a writeup. :beer: