PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Slicks or Drag Radials

lenard_hester
09-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Well, after going to the track tonight and nearly killing myself for lack of traction, (litterally, I nearly turned sideways half way down the track) I have decided to see if anyone has a used set of wheels with some slicks or drag radials that I can put on my truck for the strip. I am only looking for two wheels that I can put on the back for traction. I am not looking to spend to much, but if anyone has some to offer, I am in the market.

jlightning01
09-06-2004, 12:28 PM
I bought a pair of Nittos off of one of the other members of Talon, but now that I have them my wife complains because I go to the track or even because I drive fast.I have Toyos on the L now and have to listen to my wife. :hammer: So instead of letting them collect dust in the shed I will sell them for 60.00. They still have at least 50-60% tread left. Let me know if u r interested.

lenard_hester
09-06-2004, 05:30 PM
What size are they?

jlightning01
09-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Hey Leonard I am in school right now, but as soon as I get home I'll post the size. They fit on the stock rim if that helps.

lenard_hester
09-07-2004, 09:11 AM
That is what I needed to know. Let me see if I can find a set of stock rims that I can put them on. If I can then you have a deal.

lenard_hester
09-07-2004, 03:40 PM
I bought a pair of Nittos off of one of the other members of Talon, but now that I have them my wife complains because I go to the track or even because I drive fast.I have Toyos on the L now and have to listen to my wife. :hammer: So instead of letting them collect dust in the shed I will sell them for 60.00. They still have at least 50-60% tread left. Let me know if u r interested.
I have found a set of rims, so I will take your tires. When and where can I pick them up? Just PM me back or call me at 972-948-4480 any time after 4.

jlightning01
09-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks Lenard. Good luck at the track. :beer:

tliss
09-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Now that you've got your drag radials, can I expect to see you out at Ennis on Friday??

Tom

lenard_hester
09-08-2004, 11:19 AM
I will most certainly be there on Friday. Where does everyone meet at the track? I have never been to Ennis. I guess I will just look for the lareg group of lightnings.

tliss
09-08-2004, 12:25 PM
I will most certainly be there on Friday. Where does everyone meet at the track? I have never been to Ennis. I guess I will just look for the lareg group of lightnings.
It may not be so large, since so far it looks like maybe me, you and one other person. I'm planning to pit in the fenced in area just inside the staging lanes (between the staging lanes and the tower). Hopefully we'll be able to pit there like we have the last several times out to Ennis. If you are in the north Dallas area, maybe we can meet up and drive down.

Let me know.

Tom

lenard_hester
09-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Sure, sounds like a good idea. What time are you leaving out? I live in Lewisville. Where would be a good place for us to meet?

tliss
09-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Sure, sounds like a good idea. What time are you leaving out? I live in Lewisville. Where would be a good place for us to meet?
They open the gates at 6, and I am planning on heading down I-45. I was thinking on heading down after I get off of work at about 4 or 4:30 and stopping at the Jack in the Box right off of I-45. If you want, we can meet at everyone's favorite place, Bonedaddy's, and run off from there. Traffic will be an absolute beyotch around there, so I'd like to get on the highway and get moving ASAP.

I'll PM you my cell number and we can discuss further.

Tom