PDA

View Full Version : New Best 1/8th Time

lenard_hester
09-03-2004, 10:53 PM
I just got back from Denton where I ran the 1/8th in 8.6736@81.85. I don't think that this is too bad considering that this was on street tires. This was also my first SRT-10 kill!!! I ran the same guy twice with similar results both times. Thanks to Terry for installing all my parts. The truck ran great.

tliss
09-03-2004, 11:44 PM
I just got back from Denton where I ran the 1/8th in 8.6736@81.85. I don't think that this is too bad considering that this was on street tires. This was also my first SRT-10 kill!!! I ran the same guy twice with similar results both times. Thanks to Terry for installing all my parts. The truck ran great.
Congrats on the times and the SRT-10 kill. Those seem to be commonplace nowadays (500HP? Are they really sure about that??). I know of at least one person that's heading out the Ennis next Friday (me). You're welcome to join me at the track. Hopefully another hapless SRT-10 will come into the picture out there!

Tom

03LightningRocks
09-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Congratulations....your hooked now. The ever present desire to be quicker has begun........LOL.

What where your 60 foot times??? That's not bad at all for street tires.

Rocks:nana2 :nana2 :nana2

03LightningRocks
09-05-2004, 01:45 AM
OOPS Double Post. I haven't pulled that one in awhile.:o

lenard_hester
09-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Congratulations....your hooked now. The ever present desire to be quicker has begun........LOL.

What where your 60 foot times??? That's not bad at all for street tires.

Rocks:nana2 :nana2 :nana2
My 60 foot time on my best run was 2.0891. The worst part is my reaction time, 1.12 :crying:. I am trying to better that though.

03LightningRocks
09-05-2004, 09:02 PM
My 60 foot time on my best run was 2.0891. The worst part is my reaction time, 1.12 :crying:. I am trying to better that though.

That 60 foot isn't bad at all. With a little practice, you'll have that in the 1.8x's before you know it.

On the reaction times...If it where me....I'd probably not worry about that as much as getting your launch down. You can work on reaction times later. A good start is to always leave on the third yellow. The instant that third yellow lights...let off the brake:nana2 .

Congrats to ya again...I'll be looking forward to seeing you at some of the track outings this fall/winter. We always have a great time helping each other get better times.

Rocks:beer:

Crawford
09-18-2004, 02:11 PM
I start my run when the second light turns off, just before the third light is lit. Usually does me fairly decent. I was a mad man on the R/Ts on street tires. Its just a bit different on slicks for me for some reason. Ah well... we will see if I can get it sorted out at LFEST! WOOT! :tu: