PDA

View Full Version : Gallery LogIn probs

L8 APEX
08-20-2004, 12:26 AM
I triple deleted cookies and temp files. Everytime I login it says successful but won't let me upload pics and stuff:crying:

Silver_2000
08-20-2004, 09:17 AM
I triple deleted cookies and temp files. Everytime I login it says successful but won't let me upload pics and stuff:crying:
PM me your user and pass - Ill try it

Nothing has chaged on this end ...

Doug

L8 APEX
08-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Still no luck, what do I type a search for? I have deleted temp and history files etc.. I haven't posted a pic in a long time HELP!

Silver_2000
08-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Still no luck, what do I type a search for? I have deleted temp and history files etc.. I haven't posted a pic in a long time HELP!
Assuming you are using XP open my computer xp to this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\"your username"\Cookies

Once you get the cookies folder open hit F3 it should open the search in the cookies folder

Then search for and delete BOTH TALON and SVTGALLERIES cookies
Meaning search for the string TALON and delete any cookies it finds then do the same for SVTGALLERIES

As I stated in the PM I sent you login worked fine on my PC

Have you added any security software ? Cookie blocker software ?

Doug

L8 APEX
08-22-2004, 11:00 PM
I don't think so, I even created a new login and same issues. I will follow the search you mentioned.

L8 APEX
08-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Did that no bueno. I even clicked the logout and cleared cookies that way. The cookie folder is empty. The photo gallery says login successful when I login. But it goes back to the regualr homepage without upload icon.

Silver_2000
08-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I don't think so, I even created a new login and same issues. I will follow the search you mentioned.
Just saw your Second login was wondering if it was you -

Dont forget that a Newbie wouldnt be able to upload to the gallery - No rights to .... One way to test the newbie account is see if it can see the FFW 2003 and 2002 pictures...

If your NOT registered you WONT see the pics here
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6017

L8 APEX
08-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Can't see them, I give up.

Silver_2000
08-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Did that no bueno. I even clicked the logout and cleared cookies that way. The cookie folder is empty. The photo gallery says login successful when I login. But it goes back to the regualr homepage without upload icon.After you logon is the cookie folder still empty ?

If the folder is empty you should be forced to login to EVERY VB forum - TALON - F150 - Nloc etc

If you can still post on TALON and the folder is empty you are in the wrong folder

If if you are in the right folder and you are not BLOCKING cookies you should see a TALON cookie in that folder .. Sounds like yoy have cookie blocker - Try setting INternet Explorer security to LOW

Did you upgrade XP to SP2 ?? Go to Tools Internet options then privacy and look at the cookie settings

Right click my computer and choose properties to see if you have SP2 installed

Doug

L8 APEX
08-22-2004, 11:22 PM
I am still on SP1. I will look for the cookie snatcher:mad: ! I have to relogin this site when I delete all cookies.

Stinkbug
08-24-2004, 01:22 PM
I cant see the pics either.

blueoval01
08-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Getting the following URL .....
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagegif() in /home/svtgalle/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 113

Silver_2000
08-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagegif() in /home/svtgalle/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 113
I just uploaded one without problem - Can you give me exact steps to reproduce the problem ??

Doug

blueoval01
08-29-2004, 12:06 PM
I just uploaded one without problem - Can you give me exact steps to reproduce the problem ??

DougSimply login to galleries.
Click Upload Photos.
Accept the default (Talon Member Galleries).
Browse and pick one Jpeg file (8k).
Click Upload/Submit.

The error came up in both IE and Mozilla. :confused:

Silver_2000
08-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Simply login to galleries.
Click Upload Photos.
Accept the default (Talon Member Galleries).
Browse and pick one Jpeg file (8k).
Click Upload/Submit.

The error came up in both IE and Mozilla. :confused:Can you email me the jpg and your username and pass ??

Doug

Silver_2000
08-29-2004, 10:20 PM
typical IT guy - I didnt read the error carefully

The image you uploaded is a GIF NOT a JPEG the error says so - sorta

The Gallery is currently set in a way that doesnt like gifs - Known issue - No good work around

Save the file using a decent image editor as a JPG and you will be fine...

Doug

Silver_2000
08-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Ok I switched the gallery so it accepts gifs - BUT that breaks something else -- I cant recall now what that was... oh well..

Silver_2000
08-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Ok I switched the gallery so it accepts gifs - BUT that breaks something else -- I cant recall now what that was... oh well..Thanks to BC Lightning (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/member.php?u=220) I found out what the gif change does - Its a choice - either you can upload gifs OR the gallery will resize automatically

The resize is more important in my mind - So Im changing it back

Im turning OFF gifs permanently

Doug

BC Lightning
08-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks Doug for fixing it. Now its working.