PDA

View Full Version : Locking gas cap

anglerx007
08-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Does anyone use a locking gas cap? Seems like it might be worth the investment.

tliss
08-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Does anyone use a locking gas cap? Seems like it might be worth the investment.
I got one a while back from a Ford dealdership. It was about $30 I think. Don't remember the part number, tho.

Tom

my2002lightning
08-19-2004, 08:44 PM
I was wondering the same thing recently and found this on a quick google.com search.

http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/detail.asp?product_id=1839&GID=

A worthwhile investment for ~$20 IMO...

http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/images/products/Miscellaneous_2001/LockingGasCapLG.jpg

99WhiteBeast
08-19-2004, 09:57 PM
It was my first mod.

When I bought mine in 99 I was thinking someone with "L" envy would try and jack with it

Tex Arcana
08-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Methinks I"ll be buying two. :D

anglerx007
08-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I believe this will be my first mod as well. When you think of how easy and inexpensive it would be for some punk to do some major damage it makes you want to run right out and get one. :burnout:

Thanks for the info/link.

Max Mitchell
08-20-2004, 09:11 AM
I have that exact one from Ford too. I removed the keeper. It's design makes it harder to remove, but it's safety makes it a must.

Tex Arcana
08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Will it fit ONLY the trucks, or will it fit other Ford vehicles as well?

Nuhklz
08-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the link and pic http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif. I just placed my order.

I was wondering the same thing recently and found this on a quick google.com search.

http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/detail.asp?product_id=1839&GID=

A worthwhile investment for ~$20 IMO...

http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/images/products/Miscellaneous_2001/LockingGasCapLG.jpg

TreeFiddy
08-20-2004, 05:50 PM
I had one on my Sport Trac, but it came apart after less than a year. The Ford ones are really flimsy, especially for the price.

mc-svt
08-20-2004, 07:46 PM
hi guys ,i know it sounds a great idea, dont like throwing the spanner in your works
over here our fuel is real expensive, and people sphoning the tanks is commin
haveing tried everything been loads of attacks on my motors,,
best thing to do is dont fit locking fuel caps,,they are there to steal your fuel no locking cap will stop em a screwdriver in and damage to the side of your truck,,costs u more
best thing to do is get chicken wire stick it down the pipe to fuel tank that stops em,,,the hoas cant get down then,,
hope this helps

blueoval01
08-20-2004, 08:17 PM
best thing to do is get chicken wire stick it down the pipe to fuel tank that stops em,,,the hoas cant get down then,,
hope this helps That makes a lot of sense. The wire keeps from dropping a hose down but still allows for a fill-up. :tu:
Most here are just trying to deter pricks from dropping salt, sugar or foreign matter into the tank. :hammer:

Course, around here ...... we're into rubber chickens, too. :rll:

my2002lightning
08-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Dammit! You know.... I can see all points of view on this subject, Norman, et al.

But, it boils down to ONE THING: You can't have a bad-#ss vehicle without some retard(s) out there jacking with it in one way or another! :hammer: :flaming:

mc-svt
08-20-2004, 09:14 PM
sorry guys ,over here we dont get that problem i mean we could leave the keys in our trucks here they wont touch the motor just now and again about 2 times a year some fly buy night wants fuel,
dosnt help i have me own tank and buy bulk thats derv /diesel,
over here for that capper we have a good thing .
u should get to no the pikies, do em a favour now and again and they look out for ya no one goes near ya if the pikies watch ya,
like the film snatch ,true life like that here,
there a good bunch and they al have damm new bmws,jags ,range rovers,
not one of em work,
makes me wonder where i went wrong
:rll: :rll: one day the lead pikie says to me here could u run my jag in i will leave it with ya give it a good hammering and if yi crash it dont worry ill get a nother one, only cause i am known for thrashing motors he did this ,i never turned the key in his jag,,no way

and thats life here

blueoval01
08-20-2004, 09:35 PM
sorry guys ,over here we dont get that problem i mean we could leave the keys in our trucks here they wont touch the motor just now and again about 2 times a year some fly buy night wants fuel,
u should get to no the pikies, do em a favour now and again and they look out for ya no one goes near ya if the pikies watch ya,
not one of em work,
:rll: :rll: one day the lead pikie says to me here could u run my jag in i will leave it with ya give it a good hammering and if yi crash it dont worry ill get a nother one, only cause i am known for thrashing motors he did this ,i never turned the key in his jag,,no way

and thats life here OK, I've been to the UK a few times, but what did he say? :confused:
Gotta catch up on the "speak" there. :hammer:

anglerx007
08-20-2004, 11:19 PM
not one of em work,

and thats life here

What is a pikies? Is it the police or a gang banger?
Is a film snatch a camera thief?

Hey, I think I'm getting the bloody hang of this! :banana:

my2002lightning
08-21-2004, 12:19 AM
I used to watch Benny Hill as a kid, so I can understand most of what your saying, Norman! :D :beer:

I believe that a "pikie" is the US equivalent to "white-trash" and I'm thinking Norman was referring to the movie "Snatch".

http://english2american.com/index.html#index

Tex Arcana
08-21-2004, 07:13 AM
What is a pikies? Is it the police or a gang banger?
Is a film snatch a camera thief?

Hey, I think I'm getting the bloody hang of this! :banana:

I thought "pikies" were a big ugly fish, and "film snatch" was the lower naughty bits of female pr0n stars... :confused"

TreeFiddy
08-21-2004, 12:44 PM
I thought "pikies" were a big ugly fish, and "film snatch" was the lower naughty bits of female pr0n stars... :confused"
Save your breath to cool your porridge.

Ya like dags?

Back to the subject, chicken wire won't prevent someone from putting something in your tank. You are more likely to have somebody vandalize your vehicle than to have them go to the work to steal gas. It costs just a little more in Europe.

mc-svt
08-21-2004, 09:09 PM
guys i have cryed laughing at this ,

anglerx007,,, yes its the film snatch,,
my2002lightning,,,,you no it your spot on ,

texarcana,,,,,,your to funny ,could you see your self walking into the dvd rent shop .hey can i have a look at your snatch, :rll: :rll: :rll:
to funny.
and yes we call it that to,amoungst other things

treefiddy... you also no it,,,,,,,,,but the dag is for me ma, and a carivan,.

pikie is a gypsy, white trash ,mink,tinker,theif,scammer.

and it was the film snatch with brad pit i ment ,dam thought you would have known that ,

i do understand i am hard to understand,
but trust me i am like you all ,in a bar we would have real laugh,
some day i will come over ,

thanks guys this made my day ,reading this ,,

i only typed trying to help ,and this came out ,,,,,,great,,couldnt have turned out better,

sorry it doesnt help in any way ,,,,,,,,but bet you all had a giggle

mc-svt
08-21-2004, 09:15 PM
i cant help thinking about the snatch thing,,,,,,,weting my self laughing here

texarcana ,i can just pic me going into my dvd place cause the girl in there is so ugly and i dont mean bad buy it ,but if i said can i have a look at your snatch please she would lift her skirt,,,,,,,,,,,,i would say oh ah em give me gladaitor,or bambi ,fecking hell somthing else,,,,,,
:rll: :rll: :rll:

my2002lightning
08-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Norman,

Those girls in your L posts wouldn't possibly work at BlockBuster would they? :rll:

So, what's to do for fun in Scotland besides pub-crawls with the birds and going fast in the Lightning ?
Note: Not in that order. :beer:

i cant help thinking about the snatch thing,,,,,,,weting my self laughing here

texarcana ,i can just pic me going into my dvd place cause the girl in there is so ugly and i dont mean bad buy it ,but if i said can i have a look at your snatch please she would lift her skirt,,,,,,,,,,,,i would say oh ah em give me gladaitor,or bambi ,fecking hell somthing else,,,,,,
:rll: :rll: :rll:

mc-svt
08-21-2004, 10:27 PM
well what do i do,,,,,,,,,
ok i am older but not wiser,,

i am mad on motor sport,,i used to race still do the odd bit but last year when i came 3rd last ,that was it i get the young guys now to race my motors for me ,,
i take first and second every time,
with my 2 drivers
and it aint the fastest things its my tatics,i say to em cause there like 17 and 20 years old ,listen to me i will win,
and hands down to em they llisten and drive my race, last few we have held first and second ,,,,,,i had interview today with national news paper about em ,,and now they need to move on ,,one of my drivers is now being pushed to drive for major sponsor ,i told him to do it ,
next race in a couple of weeks,,we practice tomorrow i wont sleep tonight

so what do i do,,,,,,,well i am an electrian own my own company the l is only one of 8 fast motors out side my home,
been there have the t-shirt thing,,,,,,,but the l has me hooked, its diffrent

in the years i have owned every motor ,from ford to lambo,

at the age of 21 i had 5 banneds from driving on my licence ,nothing that im proad about,,,,maybe only one,

was the motor bike ,,wheeling at 80 mph over took the truck and infront was the cop car ,i just keept it up i was caught any way,,,
worst of it was it was a 15 mph zone,,,,,,, :rll:

what can i say

i sponsor loads of motor sport through my company ,,look up les shand racing .cant rember the site probably be www.lesshandracing.co.uk

this is a mate of mine ,his brother just had big smash here few weeks backs comes round my house held together with pins,ouch

and when i come on here i am more times than not drunk ,with the time diffrence ,i only drink weekends i dont drink whiskey i drink beer rolling rock,,

am i married ,no,, not yet ,,been busy working realy ,,,,

i am now bored of my company i have scaled it down to 3 emploies

i need a change its not the work i could have 40 guys tomorrow

im just fed up of it

and this puter cant spell ok,,,,,,,, :rll:

i dont no where i want to go in life just now,,, and thats me

,,,,,JUST A GUY TRYING TO PUT OUT A FIRE

anglerx007
08-21-2004, 10:30 PM
guys i have cryed laughing at this ,

anglerx007,,, yes its the film snatch,,
my2002lightning,,,,you no it your spot on ,

texarcana,,,,,,your to funny ,could you see your self walking into the dvd rent shop .hey can i have a look at your snatch, :rll: :rll: :rll:
to funny.
and yes we call it that to,amoungst other things

treefiddy... you also no it,,,,,,,,,but the dag is for me ma, and a carivan,.

pikie is a gypsy, white trash ,mink,tinker,theif,scammer.

and it was the film snatch with brad pit i ment ,dam thought you would have known that ,

i do understand i am hard to understand,
but trust me i am like you all ,in a bar we would have real laugh,
some day i will come over ,

thanks guys this made my day ,reading this ,,

i only typed trying to help ,and this came out ,,,,,,great,,couldnt have turned out better,

sorry it doesnt help in any way ,,,,,,,,but bet you all had a giggle

I'm glad you saw the humor in this because no offense was intended. I for one think its great to be able to hear/share ideas from someone such as yourself who is across the "pond". I will try to see the movie "Snatch" sometime soon which will probably make me laugh because of this exchange.

Most of us know that a packet of sugar will reek havoc on an engine however with the price of fuel in the US these days we will probaby start to see siphoning problems as well.

I will be locking up.

mc-svt
08-21-2004, 10:38 PM
yup sorry for the diversion anglerx007
we have a diffrent problem ,and sure i take no offence never
i am sorry if i have offended any one ,your self also,

sorry

and the post above was http://www.les-shand-racing.co.uk/ some chicks there to,
and yes i am garmouth electrical, under sponsor

again sorry if i have offended guys ,

anglerx007
08-21-2004, 11:25 PM

sorry

None taken

garmouth electrical..are you an engineer?

I for one have survived 24 years with MCI, maybe you have heard of the scandle when we were called worldcom. Much of my work has resulted in the communication link we share tonight.

what color is your L, mine is SB

keep posting, I think we all enjoy your different perspective

my2002lightning
08-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Norman,

I enjoy your posts and don't think you're offensive whatsoever.:beer:

I get a kick out of your replies and hope you find "humour" out of our shenanigans over here.

Angler,

I'm an ex-EDSer and the fiance is an ex-WorldComer. Small world!:cool:

sorry

TreeFiddy
08-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I get a kick out of your replies and hope you find "humour" out of our shenanigans over here.

I swear I'm gonna pistol-whip the next person who says shenanigans.

ATTENTION Texarcana: This is a movie quote, not a challenge.

dboat
08-22-2004, 02:51 PM

Who uses the word "shenanigans" in their normal course of language?

Tex Arcana
08-22-2004, 04:40 PM

ATTENTION Tex Arcana: This is a movie quote, not a challenge.

Fixed. TWO WORDS, sonny, not one; and a homage to an old Heavy Metal Magazine character, not the little town. :p :d

Besides, pistol-whipping is *good*... I'd like to see it, with some popcorn. :evil:

Tex Arcana
08-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Who uses the word "shenanigans" in their normal course of language?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/texarcana/SMiles/bigshen.gif

EDIT: I EFFIN' FIXED IT!! :flaming:

my2002lightning
08-22-2004, 04:52 PM
TreeFiddy,

I've never seen Super Troopers. I hear it's pretty funny.:D

Dana,

The term "shenanigans" is of Irish/British origins - thought I would throw it out there.

Our neighbor is from South Africa and I get a kick out of just talking to him and hearing his accent.

dboat
08-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Ronald,
I wasnt quite sure about it and was semi serious.. I just didnt know if it was a foreign thing or if there was a part of the country where it might be prevalent, like saying Ya'll or You'ins..
Dana

Tex Arcana
08-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Ronald,
I wasnt quite sure about it and was semi serious.. I just didnt know if it was a foreign thing or if there was a part of the country where it might be prevalent, like saying Ya'll or You'ins..
Dana

Waal, y'all dam' Yahnkees ah jus' ahl wrong in the haid anyhow, so it tain't no big thang... :d

dboat
08-23-2004, 06:18 PM
Waal, y'all dam' Yahnkees ah jus' ahl wrong in the haid anyhow, so it tain't no big thang... :d

Thats great :tu: .. except I have only been here less than a year.. so not quite a Yankee yet..

Dana

Tex Arcana
08-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Thats great :tu: .. except I have only been here less than a year.. so not quite a Yankee yet..

Dana

Ju's as long ahs yah leaves yah Yahnkee-ness up theah when yah come bahck heah... :d

Nah, wheah is mah Mint Julep?? knana

ghostt
08-24-2004, 07:27 PM
ive been here for 20 + year and still cant tell what some folks say when thsy talk but if u watch the ford comm. for yall a big head and the rest of those words its pretty funny since it took me a few yrs to know the diff between down the road a ways and a spell was alomost a 50 mile diff lol

Tex Arcana
08-25-2004, 12:43 PM
ive been here for 20 + year and still cant tell what some folks say when thsy talk but if u watch the ford comm. for yall a big head and the rest of those words its pretty funny since it took me a few yrs to know the diff between down the road a ways and a spell was alomost a 50 mile diff lol

So, would that be "authentic frontier gibberish??" :d j/k