PDA

View Full Version : I'm not ready for today

Shiner1
08-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Well I knew this day was coming, but I'm not ready. Today is the fisrt day of school here in Farmer Land. My son is a Senior this year. Wish me luck.

anglerx007
08-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Does he play football?

LonghornLightning
08-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Good luck, not that I have anything against lewisville..but

The Colony for life!! :evil

He know where he wants to go to school yet?

Shiner1
08-12-2004, 11:01 AM
He was a Basketball player but he has had to quit playing due to some cardiac issues. (I didn't want to see him on the 5 o'clock news) As for school he was thinking about OU. That's where I went. I have had several conversations with OU scouts and one conversation with Kelvin Sampson, last year when my son was up there for camp. Since his heart problems have sidelined him I guess we will be looking for another school. UNT maybe. Don't want to pay that out of state $$$ when they are not giving any free rides.

Go ahead Dru bring on the :throw: :rll:

Crawford
08-12-2004, 02:38 PM
John, good luck with all that senior stuff... I know you will do fine.

You need to sit that boy down and tell him to enjoy his last year in highschool. After this year its all about the real world then. I wish someone had told me to savor every moment of my senior year. It was over WAY too quick. Fun times... fun times. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/nana.gif

my2002lightning
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
John,
What a coincidence! :beer: I graduated OU in '98 with a Bach. of Bus. Admin. in MIS. When did you graduate? What degree?

I'll agree on the tuition $$$. I went to law-school there for a year and those were in-state rates.:eek:

Ever check out Sugar's on Campus Corner? We closed down that place many times. "Precious" was my favorite! :D

Funny you should mention OU basketball - my ex, Jennifer, was the girls basketball Asst. Mgr. for a couple of years while we were in school there.

Yep, fond memories of the Lloyd Noble Convention Center girls locker-room with her after hours, but I digress.:cool: :rll:

Hope your son goes to OU, get's better and tell your Dad in Madill "Hey!".

He was a Basketball player but he has had to quit playing due to some cardiac issues. (I didn't want to see him on the 5 o'clock news) As for school he was thinking about OU. That's where I went. I have had several conversations with OU scouts and one conversation with Kelvin Sampson, last year when my son was up there for camp. Since his heart problems have sidelined him I guess we will be looking for another school. UNT maybe. Don't want to pay that out of state $$$ when they are not giving any free rides.

Go ahead Dru bring on the :throw: :rll:

tliss
08-12-2004, 05:32 PM
John,
What a coincidence! :beer: I graduated OU in '98 with a Bach. of Bus. Admin. in MIS. When did you graduate? What degree?

I'll agree on the tuition $$$. I went to law-school there for a year and those were in-state rates.:eek:

Ever check out Sugar's on Campus Corner? We closed down that place many times. "Precious" was my favorite! :D

Funny you should mention OU basketball - my ex, Jennifer, was the girls basketball Asst. Mgr. for a couple of years while we were in school there.

Yep, fond memories of the Lloyd Noble Convention Center girls locker-room with her after hours, but I digress.:cool: :rll:

Hope your son goes to OU, get's better and tell your Dad in Madill "Hey!".
For those that may ask, this is an example of a moderate :ron: post.

Ahhh, the senior year of high school. Just one more year and then it's real life. Just think of it this way...one more year and you can boot his ass out of the house!!:evil

Tom

LonghornLightning
08-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Well there's always that "real" school in Austin ;) Nah it's a good school, can't blame ya on the out of state, all of my friends at OU are the geniuses taking their full rides, nothing but love for college people honestly, but when the teams are playing each other, the love goes away. More power to you two, good luck on any full rides if you find a school willing. I would have taken a free ride ANYWHERE when I was a senior, i'd be in wyoming if I could have got money from em. To make a long story short, i've only got my bro's keeping me here, so I went to UT instead of UNT, had my mom still been alive, I would be a mean green still living at home.

Sept 4th, 2004 UNT at UT :nono:

Shiner1
08-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Dru

I went to OU on a baseball ticket. Had they not offered it, I'm not sure I could have even afforded to go to school. But I'm with you...I would have gone to whom ever was giving me the ride. My son never had a notion to play ball after college he just wanted them to pay for school. He wants to be a forensic pathologist so I think UNT then Sothwestern @ Dallas would be a good place to start.

Ronald

My Dad lives down at the lake just outside Little City, but works PT at the peanut plant in Madill to earn golf money. I'll be there on Sunday to help out with our boat building project.

03LightningRocks
08-13-2004, 11:51 AM
For those that may ask, this is an example of a moderate :ron: post.

Tom

Moderate??????????? Heck, I was waiting for him to take us back to Miss Melba, his 3rd grade teacher.

There is something depressing to a parent when their child finishes High School and moves into their adult years.

Sitting at my sons graduation, it hit me that I had just turned another major corner in my life. Sh!t, it sux to get older:evil .

Rocks:vomit:

my2002lightning
08-13-2004, 01:59 PM
John,

If your going west on Hwy 380 from Denton and Hwy. 377 north through Pilot Point, Whitesboro, etc. watch out for Tx. DPS - they're around almost every corner.:hammer:

I had one Trooper pull a hard U-Turn and follow us in the L for 10-15 miles and I wasn't even speeding. :rolleyes:

Uncle Rocks,

No, her name was either Mrs. Robinson or Williams, actually... I forget which. :D

I'll never forget the time some jackass split my head open with a Hot-Wheel car or when I fell off the Monkey Bars and knocked myself unconscious! :crying: :ron:
I think I've had too much head trauma in my formative years!:rll: