PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Cobra Numbers

Silver_2000
04-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Reliable source says 2003 Cobra cut a 12.4 Stock....

Doug

J.D. Blackwell
04-02-2002, 11:31 PM
OK, which TALON member is going to be first in owning one of those? Chip, pulley, filter kit, and slicks, ought to be low, low 11's.
:burnout:

Silver_2000
04-02-2002, 11:36 PM
Justin

Find me a dealer that will let me use my X plan pin and Ill be happy to oblige. The damned PIN is BURNING a hole in my pocket..

Doug

Sixpipes
04-02-2002, 11:46 PM
Ford really should offer a roll cage as an option, IMO. :p

L8 APEX
04-02-2002, 11:52 PM
Is that 12.4 Cecil times? What is the correction factor for Texas? 13.2 :D

J.D. Blackwell
04-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Hey guys I have an idea.:eek: Lets all chip in and buy a new Cobra and make it the TALON "G" ride.:rolleyes: We can use Doug's PIN # for the X plan.:D J/K

Hey Doug is there some kind of law that prevents anyone from using your X plan capability? Say for like me borrowing it?:)

Silver_2000
04-03-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Is that 12.4 Cecil times? What is the correction factor for Texas? 13.2 :D

Like they say ... If you cant say anything nice....

Or Like I say - you run anywhere near a 12.5, at any track, and you can talk smack

Wait I bet the cobra would stop so much better with a $3000 brake upgrade..... No thats another conversation

Doug

Logan
04-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Hey Doug,

If you really want a 03 Cobra on X-Plan, let me know. Sonny has a buddy at Prestige who will order a 03 Cobra on Xplan for you.

Actionpike
04-03-2002, 02:01 PM
Prestige turned me down on my Z-plan both managers new car sales and fleet would not do a Lightning on the Z plan. Tried to go higher at the dealership and the next person told me "NO". Then the guy said he would show me a Focus, that is when I decided I would never spend money there.

Go to Texan Ford in Arlington (talk to Terry Polk) they were the only dealership that said Yes the first time I asked. They tried to get me to buy my wife a Cobra also.

Terry is in charge of internet sales. He will be able to help you.

Actionpike

Silver_2000
04-03-2002, 02:05 PM
I want to give Bankston the chance to say no first....

Doug

Crawford
04-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Dealers are stupid period. It took me over 2 months to get a dealer to take X plan and even when I found them they charged me X-plan plus $1000 which was the best deal I could find so I went with it.

Actually I take that back. I did find 2-3 dealers in the area that would do X plan but they were offering me like $15,000 on my 2000 Lightning with 8000 miles.

OH, and then there are the dealers that will take Xplan over the phone but dont take it all the sudden when you get down to the dealership to buy the vehicle.

All frickin dealerships can kiss my buns!!! As long as there are car salesmen and sales managers hell will be stocked with plenty of fresh souls!

Actionpike
04-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Bankston told me "No", and then they tried to sell me a used one(99) with 30,000 miles for 27000. I told them they were crazy.

I spent four days calling dealerships with the help of a guy from SVT trying to find one dealership that would honor the Z plan. Everyone in Dallas, Mesquite, Garland, Plano, Frisco, Fort Worth, Houston, and everywhere else in Texas told us "No". The closest I got was Lee Jarmon but they wanted me to trade in a vehicle that was worth at least 10000.

I gave up until he contacted a dealer in Michigan that said he would order me a 2002 and all I had to do was fly up there and drive it home. So I prepared to order it with them when I just happened to try Texan Ford in Arlington.

They did not ask anyone, they said "Yes" right away. I went up there put a deposit down on a 2002 and they put the order in. I decided when they dropped the interest rates to ask them if they would get me a 2001 and they did at 2.9%.

If you are really interested in getting one or any SVT product give Terry Polk a call or email.

Actionpike

blueoval01
04-03-2002, 03:37 PM
OK, I'm an idiot ....... :eek:
Can someone explain these x,y, z plans to me?

:confused:

L8 APEX
04-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Those are Ford's special pricing plans I think they run from A-Z? They all have a certain value to them. Some of them are for Retired employees, family of employees, corporate partners like FAA, JCPenney, etc. I think X plan is invoice plus 400 or something. Very confusing to the average person..
We have been over the X plan on special vehicles before. Why should they give away these premium vehicles at invoice? Bankston is only getting something like seven total 3 conv. 4 coupes. Most are already pre-sold months ahead of time, as of Monday they had one conv. left for deposit. "If it doesn't make dollars, then it doesn't make sense."

Logan
04-03-2002, 07:00 PM
Doug, you're a nut. :)

After ranting and raving and putting up with Bankston's last debacle with your truck and both destroyed pullies, you still want to do business with 'em?

Yeesh.

As for Dealers, it's all about who you know and who you talk to. Walking in off the street without having a buddy there is a fast track to a pain in the ass at any dealership.

Silver_2000
04-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Logan

I cant drive to Downtown Dallas to get my truck worked on....

The issues I had were related to the fact that the children were working unsupervised.

When I get my Cobra there will be no issues with unsupervised work because there will be NO hurry to get work done. If the cobra is in the shop Ill drive the LIghtning and VS versa..

Comprende ?

Doug

PS- You are just now realising I am a nut ??

MadMax
04-03-2002, 11:53 PM
Hmmm..12.09 at 119.9, 456HP@5700 Porsche GT2 $183,380 :confused: I dunno....apparently the Cobra is a damn good deal at $35,000....the numbas speak for themselves :D A poormans Porsche :D

26 million dollar lotto...somebodies gotta win :confused: Lets be realistic...I'll take the Cobra...keep the change and put a nice down payment on a condo...lol..my .02 :burnout:

jmlay
04-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Bankston does not do X-Plan on any SVT's.

I was going to by an Expedition and an L from them but they treated me like s@#! so I went elseware. They sent me a survey and rather that sending it in the wife took it in and spoke to the sales manager about how were were treated. Also explaining that they have lost all current & future sales to me.

To make a long story short they committed to giving me X-Plan on my next SVT. Will never get used buy me, but if someone want to give it a go they are more that welcome to.

98Cobra
04-04-2002, 12:17 PM
Service has yet to disappoint(me), but Sales lost my vote a long time ago. Vehicles they have missed sales on directly because of me include a 2000 Lightning, an '01 Mustang GT, and an '01 Escape. That's a lot of money! :eek:

They used to treat people a lot better there but I don't rank them much better than the sales staff at Westway Ford in Irving. But at least Westway will deal!

Actionpike
04-04-2002, 02:15 PM
The plan is for retired Ford employees. The Z plan price is usually 4000 to 5000 lower than invoice. Most dealerships will honor it on all vehicles except SVT. The only vehicle that Ford will not sell on Z plan is the 2002 T-Bird and the 2002 Jag(special edition). Ford usually replaces the SVT product that is sold with another one to the dealer. That is not always the case though and the dealer does not want to see a car or truck go out the door that they could make $5,000 - $10,000 on go out the door for 2,000. Ford still pays the dealership the difference on the SVT product. So when the dealership talks about losing money due to the plan they are lying. They try to make it out like they are not making any money off of the vehicle. The only money they are losing is what they would have made by marking the vehicle up.

Actionpike