PDA

View Full Version : PM default settings

L8 APEX
07-27-2004, 12:40 AM
I have to answer quite a few PM's each day. I would like to streamline this system. I have to make about five clicks to send each reply. It could either be done by setting personal prefs or default settings. Currently I have to unclick all of the checked boxes and select no confirmation. I think that is three check boxes and a pop up. It sure would make my day easier not to fiddle with those and just send the PM's back:bows

Silver_2000
07-27-2004, 12:51 AM
In my testing its 4 clicks

One click to open
one click to reply
one click to submit
one to cancel the read reciept ...

Which of these would you suppose I hack the forum to eliminate ??

L8 APEX
07-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Try it agian the options are still checked and asks for confirmation. I think confirmation should be down in the options not a pop up. Most importantly is having to scroll down to uncheck the options.

L8 APEX
07-27-2004, 12:58 AM
I guess the only options I need to uncheck is signature in post and copy to sent folder. The html or whatever doesn't matter to me. I would like to open, reply, send. Guess that is kind of like Email eh' maybe I should just disable PM's. I don't know if anyone really needs them:confused:

L8 APEX
07-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the quick response IO:bows . Now if the sig box becomes unchecked that would be a plus;) . I can deal with the way it is now you have seaved me time and hassle:tu:

Silver_2000
07-27-2004, 01:21 AM
Need a High Maintenance Smiley like this one :ron:

L8 APEX
07-27-2004, 01:25 AM
You don't know how many PM's I have replied to wishing it could be changed. But I said nothing for the longest time now. Thanks again, I will share some of my new found free time with the less fortunate. Which will probably be myself or Bobby:D

Silver_2000
07-27-2004, 07:24 AM
As I said in the PM that I just sent

There are dozens of little tweaks that have been done or requested over the years to this software. Currently the forum software is 2 upgrades behind, because i havent had time to do the upgrade and reinstall/fix all the tweaks.

Soon there will be a compelling upgrade, a new version that MUST be installed and I intend to install the next upgrade completely clean - pristine as if it came from the factory.

All the tweaks will be gone - It takes 8-10 hours of coding/hacking for each upgrade now in order to install an upgrade and put all the hacks and tweaks back in ... I dont have the time or patience for that any longer.

A small list of the hacks/ tweaks that have been done - That may or may not be redone

Arcade
Photogallery pics on front page
Timeslips
Active topics link in tool bar
Multiple PM tweaks last night
Showing First name in members list and on Threads
Showing Photogallery count and link in threads

And dozens more that I cant recall right now...

Need coffee

dboat
07-27-2004, 07:22 PM
As I said in the PM that I just sent

All the tweaks will be gone - It takes 8-10 hours of coding/hacking for each upgrade now in order to install an upgrade and put all the hacks and tweaks back in ... I dont have the time or patience for that any longer.

A small list of the hacks/ tweaks that have been done - That may or may not be redone

Arcade
Photogallery pics on front page
Timeslips
Active topics link in tool bar
Multiple PM tweaks last night
Showing First name in members list and on Threads
Showing Photogallery count and link in threads

And dozens more that I cant recall right now...

Need coffee

That would really suck to lose some of these add-ons.. :crying:
Dana

Silver_2000
07-27-2004, 10:55 PM
That would really suck to lose some of these add-ons.. :crying:
Dana
Ill likley add back some of them over time - I need to find a way to document/automate the process... There is a thing called the Hack Tracking Log but I have to look at it to see how it works ....