PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I play games i the arcade

SpeedyBolt
07-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Does anybody have trouble playing games in the arcade besides me? I used to play all the time but now it says that I am unable to access that area!! Does anybody have any suggestions on my problem and please HELP I am a game-a-holic!!!

StormShadow
07-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Do a search on 00Bolt.

Silver_2000
07-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Its because you are a newbie....

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5828

That whole process has just made more work for me so I will likley be removing all the permission changes eventually ...

SpeedyBolt
07-16-2004, 12:14 PM
When I first joined I could Play, What Happened?

Silver_2000
07-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Read the post link above

The permissions were changed ....

I will likely be changing them back this weekend

SpeedyBolt
07-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks I really liked playing those games and I think just because I Live in Whitney should not have a bearing on rather I can play or not. I work in Ft. Worth and do must of my running around up here. I have never posted anything for sale and never plan to, but I appreciate all the info that I get from this site and will gladly shut-up and listen if I have to!

Silver_2000
07-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Thanks I really liked playing those games and I think just because I Live in Whitney should not have a bearing on rather I can play or not. I work in Ft. Worth and do must of my running around up here. I have never posted anything for sale and never plan to, but I appreciate all the info that I get from this site and will gladly shut-up and listen if I have to!
Im not sure where these comments came from but .. We dont care where you are... What we dont want is people who ONLY participate in TALON by posting thier truck for sale. The permissions were changed to make it so that you had to have 10 posts or more to be able to post in the for sale section and to be able to use some of the other features of the site including the Arcade....

The site is here primarily to foster a local truck club- That means partcipating both online and in person. I just didnt want starngers from KY or somewhere using our prominent search engine placement to sell thier truck.

At some point this weekend I hope to have time to remove the permissions changes - BUT it will take an hour or 2 and Im exhausted now and I have 2 customer PC's to fix this weekend

SpeedyBolt
07-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Thank you very much. I am very excited about this web site. I have just recently become a lightning owner and this site has been invaluable to my knowledge of the Legendary truck. I really would like to be more active in the "in person" stuff but that will only come with time. Does beeing a member of this web site automatically make you a member it the"club"??? If not what do I have to do???

Silver_2000
07-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Thank you very much. I am very excited about this web site. I have just recently become a lightning owner and this site has been invaluable to my knowledge of the Legendary truck. I really would like to be more active in the "in person" stuff but that will only come with time. Does beeing a member of this web site automatically make you a member it the"club"??? If not what do I have to do???
TALON very LOOSELY fits the description of a club. That is INTENTIONAL on my part. Anyone who is a Ford Performance enthusiast is welcome to participate in the club. There are NO mandatory dues or secret handshake. We have set up a subscription system to help offset the costs of the software and the web hosting. The fact that the membership is open to everyone and there are no mandatory dues it keeps us from having to deal with some legal problems including, appointing offficers, keeping minutes of meetings etc. Very informal.

For more infomation on the subscription see the announcement in the gen discussion forum..

Doug

Silver_2000
07-16-2004, 09:58 PM
The permissions should be back to the way they were - I may have missed a thing or 2 - Ill fix them as they come up

Rather than use permissions to regulate the For Sale forum - I wil simply delete/ban as neccessary

Doug