PDA

View Full Version : EGR removal?

mardyn
07-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Well guys, here's the deal... my 351 Lightning motor is too tall to fit in my early 'stang.... I'm having a sheet metal plenum fabbed up so I can use the GT40 lower intake and EFI, but I really need to put the kibosh on the EGR plate/valve assys that normally mounts between the Throttle body and the plenum... It will also give me a change to get rid of all the associated vacuum solenoids and plumbing that clutters the engine compartment... I don't think it will be a problem, but if anyone has any thoughts on the EGR system removal, I'd sure like to hear 'em now...

mardyn :d

LonghornLightning
07-14-2004, 12:34 PM
I by no means know much about cars, but me and a friend removed my EGR valve on my ranger last year, I remember it being a Pain in the a$$, 3 huge bolts or what not, but it was the lack of space to work with that caused most of the problems. good luck

cpeapea
07-14-2004, 06:31 PM
cant you use just a blockoff plate?

99WhiteBeast
07-14-2004, 09:37 PM
David,

Check over on NLOC.net- I'm sure those guys in the Gen1 forum will have the answer.

mardyn
07-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Yea, I'll check over there... but basically, I'm having a sheet metal plenum fabbed up to provide the necessary hood clearance on my car and the EGR spacer behind the throttle body had to go. I'll re-tune the thing to work with out the EGR... shouldn't be to bigga' deal I'd think.

mardyn