PDA

View Full Version : F/S Used tires

98Cobra
07-14-2004, 12:43 AM
(2) Used Goodyear F1's. Probably about 80% used, maybe a bit more. Typical person could probably get about 2k on them easy, :ron: about 9k. :D I thought I would use these myself but I am buying new Toyos. $25 each.

(1) Used Toyo. This would be a good tire to have so you don't have to run your spare for a few days while they are trying to get your replacement tire. To be honest, its at the end of its life. But it would be good to have in a pinch. Free, or I am throwing it out.

rickgig
09-01-2004, 05:08 PM
You still have the F1's?

I need two until I can get new.

I am up in the Frisco area. Let me know/

blueoval01
09-01-2004, 07:12 PM
The Talon meet is tomorrow evening. If you let Garret know ahead of time, he might just throw them in the back of his truck.
If your interested ....... :burnout:

rickgig
09-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Yep... I am interested. Only problem is I won't be heading up there (I guess I could to pick them up). My water heater broke and came through the ceiling. Two story home with 23' ceilings. Yep... you guessed it... water heaters are in the attic. Huge mess. Not the method I'd recommend for anyone but it looks like I am getting all new carpet, walls painted and a new ceiling for the low... low price of about 2k (deductable and cost of the water heaters not covered).

Therefore the delay in buying new tires.

Plus I got a drivers side lower ball joint that is bad. Must have hit a pot hole and it;s just about hosed that tire too.

I often think about what it would be like if I didn't have the L... then I pinch myself and say NOT!!!

98Cobra
09-02-2004, 12:04 AM
I work in Plano, so I can deliver them, but they are in storage so it would have to be on Friday. Just want the two F1s?

rickgig
09-02-2004, 07:17 AM
Just sent you a PM.

Tex Arcana
09-02-2004, 10:16 AM
My water heater broke and came through the ceiling. Two story home with 23' ceilings. Yep... you guessed it... water heaters are in the attic. Huge mess. Not the method I'd recommend for anyone but it looks like I am getting all new carpet, walls painted and a new ceiling for the low... low price of about 2k (deductable and cost of the water heaters not covered).

Woah, now hold on there.. your insurance company should be asking about the age of the water heaters, if they are within their service life (about 10 years), they may still be under warranty, and covered by both your homeowner's policy and their own warranty. Your insurance should be wanting to get theri hands on them to check them out, and then go after the water heater companies to get their money back, or at least some of it.

rickgig
09-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Good input but... my home is ten years old and the water heaters were eleven (house sat for a year before we moved in).

Insurance will pay for the resulting damage but not for the failing part causing the damage... that is what the warranty is for.

As a general rule... heaters last around 10 - 12 years.

It's kind of funny... I was telling my wife about two weeks ago that we should paint the entry hall from the garage and a couple of other areas... don't have to worry about that now. Insurance is taking care of it... Wooohooo

98Cobra
09-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Just sent you a PM.
I didn't get it...:confused:

rickgig
09-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Something about PM storage quota reached... ARHG

Just call me at 972-335-1706... there... the whole word has my number now... LOL

Tex Arcana
09-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Good input but... my home is ten years old and the water heaters were eleven (house sat for a year before we moved in).

Insurance will pay for the resulting damage but not for the failing part causing the damage... that is what the warranty is for.

As a general rule... heaters last around 10 - 12 years.

It's kind of funny... I was telling my wife about two weeks ago that we should paint the entry hall from the garage and a couple of other areas... don't have to worry about that now. Insurance is taking care of it... Wooohooo

For soem reason, the number "13" keeps sticking in my mind, but I can't remember why. We had a similar issue one year in our house in Plano, where the hot-water heater blew and flooded the freshly-laid parquet tile in the library and half the house. I had the heater pulled and replaced by the time the adjuster got out to the house, and got chided for letting the city haul it off, becasue it would have knocked a nice portion off the deductible ($500 for us, back then). So, lesson learned, and spreading the good news whenever I can. :tu: