PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a lightning

CornBread
07-13-2004, 03:41 PM
where are some dealerships around plano dallas area that have used lightnings. i am currently a little upside down on my current truck. i am really trying to get a lightning.

also what options for purchasing do i have. i have heard of x plans and stuff but don't know what they are.

thanks in advance

DamonH
07-13-2004, 04:11 PM
If you are already upside down I'd recommend you ride it out till you aren't. Stacking negative equity into an L (which WILL be replaced by a new model in '06) will cause you to never be able to get out from under it if you need to. Stick it out, and pay a little extra till you are at least even, THEN think about getting a new vehicle.

sonicbluetommy
07-13-2004, 06:24 PM
X plan is ford employee price. On my truck I think it was $28,600. My banker didn't even want my down payment!!! :eek:

I think if you hold out awhile (and get right side up in the mean time) you will see the last of the L's (dealers start loosing money after their 90 day interest free grace period with ford corp is up---correct me if I am wrong guys) at very close to this price and then catch a rebate or two and you could come out very well on a new one.

Best of luck and hopefully welcome to the club soon!!!

03LightningRocks
07-13-2004, 08:45 PM
A friend of mine is working in sales at a Dodge dealership. Two weeks ago he told me he had 3 used Lightnings for sale.

If your interested....tell me and I will post his phone number for you.

Rocks

ken cryder
07-13-2004, 09:25 PM
yea after corn bread couldn't out run me in his s10 with a 350 . he decided to step up to the plate and get a real truck.:D

sell the s10 and trade your other one in . good luck larry .

ken

L8 APEX
07-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Xplan only applies to new vehicles. There are used L's everywhere.