PDA

View Full Version : On Track updates

L8 APEX
07-23-2002, 05:31 PM
I talked with the the man in charge of organising the event again today. I let him know the TALON club is interested in helping with the event to make it happen. He is going to have some kind of answer next week. Then look to round up the $30K to fund the event, instructors, and so on...

Logan
07-23-2002, 06:22 PM
The man? Bill Simington... I hear he got put back on the Sales floor by Management.

As for On-Track, TALON is interested in helping out? When was this vote cast? First I've heard of it. Was there a vote to have PR representing the interests of the club or what?

Personally, I'm planning attending the On-track style event that's already well in the works, and is planned for your own Home Track, Motorsport Ranch for November 2nd.

SVT Club of North Texas is putting it on. Check out the details HERE (http://www.svttexas.com/Forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2329)

L8 APEX
07-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Good news spreads fast LOL! Bill came back from vacation Moday to hear he could go to the sales floor or the street. He asked to finish out the month and decide then. I know we will all miss him but too many complaints forced this hand. Yes there are quite a few TALON members that have asked me to follow up on this. We can drive around the Ranch like I do most weekends but not with professional instructors, 4 different events, and free demo cars to ream out. All we can do at the Ranch is go around the track, no slalom, autocross, or test drives. And no big oval runs...

I just read their posts. Only a 1/2 day event seems short. 3 20 minute sessions which I think is lead follow/ another lead follow after school/ then free run. They only have about 4 spots left. If On Track falles through I would look into a TALON event since we have enough members. I was out there when the Lone Star Corvette Club did the same thing. Too crowded and too slow for my likes. Then I was chasing them with the Speedvision C5:D

Logan
07-23-2002, 07:24 PM
I can see the writing on the wall that there will not be an On-track event this year.

Personally, at Ontrack last year, the infield road course was the most fun anyway, and SVT was hardly letting anyone beat on their demo cars... So not a great deal is being lost here.

As for instructors, There will be classroom and track sessions of a higher quality than offerred at ontrack last year, which consisted of... "Ya see dat corner o'er 'dere? Just make sure ya turn yur wheel when ya git 'dere."

L8 APEX
07-23-2002, 07:37 PM
Then I say we organise a TALON event since they only have 4 openings. The driving school is closed at MSR Chevy took the school cars back.. They are staffed with good drivers and you will pick up some skill. I am burnt out on MSR track since I base out there that is why I want a new track:D 130-140 bucks for 1/2 day is high for my likings? Even OnTrack was cheaper.

Logan
07-23-2002, 09:13 PM
Where? Liability insurance is a pain in the a$$.

L8 APEX
07-23-2002, 09:24 PM
They have to provide insurance because they are an incorporated, registered, licensed liable whatever club. We are just a bunch of guys that hang out together so it is not required. The track makes everyone sign a realease we could make our own if needed. I don't know all the loops maybe Devildog92 can help?

99WhiteBeast
07-25-2002, 02:51 PM
I'm game to help in whatever capacity to make an event happen. I've been to two "On Track" events (2000&2001) and they have been both enjoyable but liked the variety at the Motor Speedway as opposed to the evil ranch.

I agree with Terry $120 seems high for the track time (SVT of NT)and with only a few spots left and the deadline near we should look for alternatives.

I would hate to see the new guys that just got L's miss out on this type of event.:mad: