PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need a stock tranny to rebuild or trade-in?

DamonH
07-04-2004, 11:50 AM
I picked up a MonsterBox so my stock tranny from my 01 is up for sale. I think it has problems, Ford says it doesn't. It'd be a great candidate to rebuild, or for a tradein. It's still in my truck, and I might wait a while to swap it w/ the Monster Box so if anyone local wants it I can take them for a ride before they buy it so they can decide for themselves. I think it's a "J1" tranny (my build date is 4/2001). I also have a brand new FTVB and 4X4 pan/filter I never installed that I can negotiate into the deal. Lemme know if there is any local interest! I'm thinking $800 for everything (tranny, FTVB, 4x4 pan & filter), or $600 for just the tranny. PM or email me: damonmcp@yahoo.com

Thanks!
DamonH

03LightningRocks
07-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Just a thought Damon. I did something similar to what your doing. I bought a monster box from Greg E. before I even had my Lightning....LOL. The stock tranny had about 2400 miles on it and had a factory tech valve body. Greg only wanted to give me a 300 core charge on it. I sold it on Ebay for 1200 bucks and I paid shipping of 125 bucks to California.Point is.....you may want to try Ebay, I got a crap load of responses real quick.

Rocks:tu:

DamonH
07-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Just a thought Damon. I did something similar to what your doing. I bought a monster box from Greg E. before I even had my Lightning....LOL. The stock tranny had about 2400 miles on it and had a factory tech valve body. Greg only wanted to give me a 300 core charge on it. I sold it on Ebay for 1200 bucks and I paid shipping of 125 bucks to California.Point is.....you may want to try Ebay, I got a crap load of responses real quick.

Rocks:tu:

Thanks for the advice Rock, I will probably end up doing that. I'm not in a huge hurry and figured I'd test the waters locally so I didn't have to mess with shipping it if Ididn't have to. :)