PDA

View Full Version : TwEECer

Sixpipes
06-15-2004, 01:38 PM
No, not the kind you get a splinter out of your fanger with, but the Gen I tuner set-up. I think that is where I want to go. Raymond, what can you tell me about it? :cool:

Flats Man
06-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Not that it makes any difference, but which truck gets the TwEECer? The Project or is Pop EYE getting ready to open up a can of Spinich.

Ivanhoe_Farms
06-17-2004, 07:48 AM
It really isn't an either or ------:beer: :nana2

Raymond_B
08-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi Dennis, my bad for not checking here more often. What do you want to know ? What all do you have planned ?

Sixpipes
08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey Raymond

I think I have a pretty good handle on the difference between speed density and mass air for Gen I motors, but I'm having trouble understanding the difference between speed density friendly cam and those that require a mass air system. Can the EEC tuner be used to overcome the need for mass air when running a more radical cam. I am in the process of putting a motor back together and have decided to use a "hot rod" cam that is speed density friendly, but have plans to put together a more radical motor and cam that will not work with a speed density system. Also just picked up a Gen I from Muddman that has a tuner port. Maybe the picture looks familiar?

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-913S-med.JPG

Raymond_B
08-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Oh yeah, that truck looks familiar :) Well you can change a lot, but whatever cam you get needs to be ground with SD in mind. SD does not mean you can't have a healthy cam, it just means that the cam grinder needs to know. The solid roller for my truck is a .650 'ish lift, but ground for SD :D

Hey Raymond

I think I have a pretty good handle on the difference between speed density and mass air for Gen I motors, but I'm having trouble understanding the difference between speed density friendly cam and those that require a mass air system. Can the EEC tuner be used to overcome the need for mass air when running a more radical cam. I am in the process of putting a motor back together and have decided to use a "hot rod" cam that is speed density friendly, but have plans to put together a more radical motor and cam that will not work with a speed density system. Also just picked up a Gen I from Muddman that has a tuner port. Maybe the picture looks familiar?

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-913S-med.JPG

Sixpipes
08-04-2004, 09:30 PM
It seems that most folks think a mass air system is required if you want to get a little crazy with the motor. So if you get an agressive cam ground for sd, what are the limitations compared to mass air?

Raymond_B
08-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Well as an example, Jerry (GJLS) ran a Cam Motion SD roller ~.560 lift made over 550 RWHP with 72's and it idled like a champ. A lot of MAF vehicle's would be jealous. Had a bit of a surge on startup, but no big deal.

In our trucks it's such a PITA to convert over I really do not believe it's needed, especially if you are going to be under 600 RWHP or so, over that then maybe a Pro-M setup. By then you'll be scrapping the E4OD anyway...

I'm going to see how far I can make my SD E4OD truck go, but unfortunately it just sits in the garage.

It seems that most folks think a mass air system is required if you want to get a little crazy with the motor. So if you get an agressive cam ground for sd, what are the limitations compared to mass air?

Sixpipes
08-04-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm going to see how far I can make my SD E4OD truck go, but unfortunately it just sits in the garage.
So where are you rwhp wise right now? I would like to stay NA and see just see how much rwhp a 408 stroker can produce. :cool:

TP Derrick D
08-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey Raymond, What's up man? I see you on the board with us low-life Lightning guys :D I had heard rumors that you tuned a couple of the guys Gen 1's. I was like Raymond? He's the tuner on my Mustang pit crew. As a matter of fact I was asking Joe a while back what you do with all the top end off the 351 and I found out you sold it to Clay. There was a guy on here(still is) that was looking to buy some parts and I was trying to sell yours for you.
My car runs good ,just still got to do control arms,axles,roll bar & whenever you can get to the dyno to put the final whip a$$ tune on it. I'm hoping I can get everything done a couple weeks before Fun Ford because I know closer it gets to it the more cars Joe will have.There is another one of my Gen 1 friends on here I'm trying to get into the Joe's Garage/Richardson Performance circle. I took him over (in the Stang) to meet Joe this past Sunday. I always introduce Joe as my Crew chief and you,Greg,Clay,Carl and Heavy as my pit crew.