PDA

View Full Version : wiring, and light problem ?

mc-svt
06-12-2004, 03:40 PM
hi guys
i have to change the way the lights work for uk
we have to have amber signal light at rear not with brake light
but we dont need reverse lights
so my plan is to make the reverse light the signal light and stick in an amber lamp,
the problem is at the brake pedal the lamp stop light is worked from the light green and green and red cable i propose to cut them of put a new feed from a fuse to there and loop the other on to the black and pink cable under hood it goes to reverse lights,
then at back swap over cables so i have a seprate brake light ,seprate signal light ,and the tail light will work as before,
am i right or is there an easier way to do this,,
i have no wiring diagram ,so i spent allday tracing them out ,
any info on this guys would be a great help,

Nuhklz
06-12-2004, 05:25 PM
There's a message board here http://www.f150online.com/index.cfm dedicated to the electrical system.

Good luck! :beer:

mc-svt
06-12-2004, 08:58 PM
your a star,,,,,i did wonder about cutting of both cables ,,only need to cut of the green,,then run a cable from ther to back ,,and forget about the reverse wire,cool cause it sounds easy but think about the flasher unit the third brake light ,,,and the rest ,,,,
the other problem but i cured it was i needed side flashers ,,,,,i had to drill holes in a new truck,scareybut i got these chrome led ones they look cool,,look like there ment then i needed a rear fog lamp,,well its there ,looks crap but after test i throwing it out,
thank you for that ,
i hate changing the truck as it looks ok the way it is

blueoval01
06-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Whoa! :eek:
Post some pics of this "Euro" Lightning. :tu: