PDA

View Full Version : Brake talk

L8 APEX
07-19-2002, 09:18 AM
I finally got around to bleeding the brakes on the truck Monday. It made more of a difference than I expected. I know I had some hard miles on them and many track sessions. Something you guys may want to do. I can et some good fluid from the track if you want. I run Motul RBF 600 it is 18 bucks a pint. Most trucks take two if you are sparing with the bleeding. It has a 594 dry and 421 wet boiling point. An affordable alternative is AT Blue Racing. It is half price 18 bucks a qt. One bottle will do a truck and it is dyed blue so you see it come through. It has a 400 degree wbp. Castrol LMA has a 312 wbp I believe. My rear brakes are what over heat. The front Brembo's are 1/2 the temp and the calipers are even cooler. After one cool down lap then into the pits my temps were. Front caliper/rotor 292/350 Rear C/R 450/590. I hate the rear solid rotor! My rear is where my fluid breaks down due to extreme heat. Brembo says it is not $$ feasable for them to design a rear kit. They think nobody would buy them. Besides who races trucks anyway:mad:

Anyway, I may start a On Track prep thread later for things to do for the event like bleed/replace brakes etc...:tu:

99WhiteBeast
07-22-2002, 04:49 PM
I would be interested in the "on track" prep thread.

Is this still going to be held in October at the Speedway?

L8 APEX
07-22-2002, 08:28 PM
The On Track event is in limbo. There are not enough volunteers to organize or run the event. All legal responsibility falls on one individual the chapter director not Ford or SVT corporate. That has the director not wanting the liability.. I have heard other have been canceled for this reason.

TxBolt
07-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Well good subject. I was just thinking about doing my brakes while its up on stands. But I have question that needs help. Whats the best brake pads with little are no dust? And your fuild your talking about thats on our stock brakes.Us poor folks can't afford Brembos.:D :D :D

99WhiteBeast
07-22-2002, 09:52 PM
WTF:flaming: No "on track" event thats:bs
what can be done to alleviate the situation?

L8 APEX
07-22-2002, 11:27 PM
I am waiting for EBC to deliver a set for testing. Fluid is not a Brembo thing just a money thing.. The RBF 600 is $20 a pint it takes 2 minimum to do a system. AT Blue Racing is 1/2 that price and still a 400 degree wet fliud. Other pads I can get are the Raybestos Ceramix? If I get enough orders I can get a case of them and save $.

TxBolt
07-23-2002, 04:34 PM
How many folks you need? I will take 4 and a couple pints of the juice. Come on yall we know everybody needs some break shoes, the stock you can get at wally world, lets all order some from Terry and keep our rims a little cleaner!:banana: :banana: :banana:

L8 APEX
07-23-2002, 05:28 PM
There are 10 sets to a case if I could sell 6 sets I would buy a case.:tu: