PDA

View Full Version : Squeak

anglerx007
06-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Ok, since I got such a good response from my "pop" / " clunk" question, by the way thanks very much, I have another unatural noise coming from my truck. This one is a little annoying only when my back slide wiindow is opened. Its a frequent squeak seeminly coming from under the truck bed.

Anyone else have this problem?

I suspect a little WD40 or Silicone spray in the right spot will fix it, I just have'nt done the root cause analysis yet.

Band
06-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Ok, since I got such a good response from my "pop" / " clunk" question, by the way thanks very much, I have another unatural noise coming from my truck. This one is a little annoying only when my back slide wiindow is opened. Its a frequent squeak seeminly coming from under the truck bed.

Anyone else have this problem?

I suspect a little WD40 or Silicone spray in the right spot will fix it, I just have'nt done the root cause analysis yet.

Possibly tailgate rattle?

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah, my 98 4x4 had that, it was the rubber groments on the tail gate. I could just open and slam the gate and It would go away for a while.

anglerx007
06-04-2004, 04:17 PM
I'll check but I really think its coming up through the gap between the cab and the bed because I can't hear it with the side windows down.

I'd crawl under there tonight but the fish are biting...priorities :)

PoorSvtman
06-04-2004, 08:01 PM
My rear leaf springs squeak.

anglerx007
06-06-2004, 08:36 PM
If you look through the gap between the bed and cab you'll see a muffler hanger. I shot it with silicone spray and it did the trick. Since it is in the gap / exposed to the elements it'll be back. For those of you whose L's have to rough the elements keep this in mind yours might start to squeak someday.

rickgig
06-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Okay... here ya go... I to had the noise but it started only when I had the trany replaced under warranty... that should have told me something right there.

Got under it today since the noise was getting more pronounced as time goes on...

The exhaust hanger near the transmission brace is broke and is rubbing against the exhaust... make sure you check that since it may havfe been stressed on mine it could be the same thing on yours...

See my post "Any decent welders out there?"