View Full Version : No fluid in intercooler or radiator

StormShadow
05-30-2004, 11:45 PM
I went to Kennedale tonight and it just wasn't my night. First I broke off one of the wheel studs and stripped out another. Then on the way home I smelled something and pulled over to find that I have no fluid in the intercooler or radiator resevoir. I know there was fluid in there when I was racing because I saw the fluid swirl when I had the pump on. Is Terry back in town yet? :hammer:

03'svtlight
05-30-2004, 11:48 PM
I went to Kennedale tonight and it just wasn't my night. First I broke off one of the wheel studs and stripped out another. Then on the way home I smelled something and pulled over to find that I have no fluid in the intercooler or radiator resevoir. I know there was fluid in there when I was racing because I saw the fluid swirl when I had the pump on. Is Terry back in town yet? :hammer:
:confused: :confused: Did it run hot?? I think only FORD sells the gold stuff homie.

PoorSvtman
05-30-2004, 11:52 PM
:confused: :confused: Did it run hot?? I think only FORD sells the gold stuff homie.

The gold/ orange coolant can be picke up at any local autozone, etc.

Just add some and see if it gets low again.

Alpine
05-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Check your oil dipstick, or pull off your oil breather cap and see if it looks like a milkshake and report back.
Jeff.

03'svtlight
05-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Check your oil dipstick, or pull off your oil breather cap and see if it looks like a milkshake and report back.
Jeff.
I was wondering (worried) about that myself....... :(

StormShadow
05-31-2004, 08:52 AM
No milkshake. It just looks like regular oil. All seems to be ok. It didn't get hot last night even though the temp was over 90.

03LightningRocks
05-31-2004, 10:04 AM

How the heck did you break off a wheel stud???? You must have really given it some muscle when you put the lug nuts on. I have caught heck a few times over the amount of torque I have put on mine. Seem it is real hard to get them off after I lay 240 lbs of mean on them...LOL.

I have started using a torque wrench and putting them at 125 ft lbs.

Rocks:beer:

cpeapea
06-01-2004, 06:05 PM
wouldnt happen to be that snap-on wrench would it ron?

03LightningRocks
06-01-2004, 06:12 PM
wouldnt happen to be that snap-on wrench would it ron?

:tu:

L8 APEX
06-02-2004, 08:08 AM
His truck is fine:rolleyes: