PDA

View Full Version : Page cannot be displayed

98Cobra
07-18-2002, 12:59 AM
I am having some problem viewing threads. I'll click a thread, or sometimes just a message board, and it will say "page cannot be displayed". But other thread will work fine. Like tonight, I cannot view the thread by Justin called "custom pistons no one else has". Any ideas? I had to try 6 times just to get into the broken stuff forum to post this.

Anyone else having problems? I am running XP.

Logan
07-18-2002, 08:36 AM
I vote user error. I haven't had any problems whatsoever

You're not using nutscrape are you? (Vbulletin and netscape don't always get along so well)

Silver_2000
07-18-2002, 09:05 AM
There is a certain UNIX specific error ( common to every unix webserver ) that pops up every once in a while but it goes away with refresh. Cant remember the text of it now... That is the ONLY thing I have seen with the server or the software in some time.

At home I set IE to refresh the page every visit. Tools, Internet Options, settings and click "every visit to the page". Might help

If you still have problems let us know we'll keep looking.

Doug

L8 APEX
07-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Sometimes I can't pull up the forum or threads so I will wait a spell and refresh. I wrote it off to server issues or connection troubles.. Other sites at that same time work fine just not the forum.

Silver_2000
07-18-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Sometimes I can't pull up the forum or threads so I will wait a spell and refresh. I wrote it off to server issues or connection troubles.. Other sites at that same time work fine just not the forum.

It is a shared server so it is not unlikely to have temporary load issues... However I have NOT seen any recent problems since I posted a while back that the load was over 300 due to a rougue customers scripts. That customer was removed from the server.

Doug

98Cobra
07-18-2002, 09:53 AM
I already have it set to always check for newer page. I will say this happens to me more on my home computer(at night) than at work, but it is only recently. Like Terry, everything else on the site seems to work fine.

And Logan, I wouldn't wish Nutscrape on my worst enemy. Long live IE!