PDA

View Full Version : WTB Transmission pan

SILVER2000SVT
05-18-2004, 07:46 AM
I got some damage on my tranny pan this weekend and now I need another one because mine is leaking. I still have my stock pan, but I'm looking to replace my 4x4 pan so I can have the drain plug. I thought I would check here to see if anybody was getting rid of one.

Jason

L-Fever
05-18-2004, 08:11 AM
I got some damage on my tranny pan this weekend and now I need another one because mine is leaking. I still have my stock pan, but I'm looking to replace my 4x4 pan so I can have the drain plug. I thought I would check here to see if anybody was getting rid of one.

Jason

Can we ask how that happened? I am going to have the 4x4 pan installed and was just curious.

Steve

Alpine
05-18-2004, 03:31 PM
03svtlight (Trei) has a Mac 3 1/2 quart deep pan he will sell you for 50 bucks. That is a good deal, those pans are expensive.

Jeff.

SILVER2000SVT
05-18-2004, 05:30 PM
I just lowered my truck with a 2/3 drop and when I was pulling out of the gas station in Roustin, LA the other day I didn't realized that the roads have little curbs (or I guess I should say huge rain gutters) where you are supposed to pull in and I smacked the plug part up about 2 inches.

I PM'd Trai but he didn't return my message, so I don't know if he sold it or what. One of my concerns is that the 4x4 pan with 1 extra quart hangs down farther than the cross member which is the reason I just destroyed it, how much farther with the 3.5 quart hang down. But I'm to the point where I have to do something because my truck is just sitting there now.

L-Fever
05-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Man that sucks! :( Thanks for the info! I hope you get it fixed soon!

sonicbluetommy
05-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Found a pan on ebay, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2479209440

03'svtlight
05-18-2004, 10:44 PM
03svtlight (Trei) has a Mac 3 1/2 quart deep pan he will sell you for 50 bucks. That is a good deal, those pans are expensive.

Jeff.
I have a MAC 3 1/2 deep aluminum pan . I paid $175.00+ship from RPM outlet. It was very close to 200 bucks. I'll take 80 bones for it. Jeff, I think me and you were sittin' on the back of your tailgate sippin' on thu budweiser when I said "fitty". :banana:

Alpine
05-19-2004, 05:52 PM
I have a MAC 3 1/2 deep aluminum pan . I paid $175.00+ship from RPM outlet. It was very close to 200 bucks. I'll take 80 bones for it. Jeff, I think me and you were sittin' on the back of your tailgate sippin' on thu budweiser when I said "fitty". :banana:My bad dog!:rll: :rll:

Me drink a Bud......not me:evil :Bullshit
80 bucks is still a great deal, someone jump on this pan, it is nice, you bunch of tight as$es.
Jeff.

SILVER2000SVT
05-19-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm trying to get Trai to sell it to me for the $80. I've already sent a couple of PM's but haven't got a reply yet.

03'svtlight
05-19-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm trying to get Trai to sell it to me for the $80. I've already sent a couple of PM's but haven't got a reply yet.
Jason its yours bro. :beer: Jeff is nuts...........

L8 APEX
05-19-2004, 11:29 PM
It is about an inch lower than 4WD but it is smooth on the bottom. I have always ran tham as did Rob.

SILVER2000SVT
05-20-2004, 07:07 AM
It is about an inch lower than 4WD but it is smooth on the bottom. I have always ran tham as did Rob.
I'm just going to have to pay a little closer attention to what I run over now that the truck is just a little lower. I'm guessing that me crushing the one on Sunday is just a fluke and that I hit it just right.

I think the transmission is going to need a rebuild soon, It's starting to slip. I'm going to attempt to see if I can get it fixed under my power train warranty but don't know if I will have any luck with that. I need to find out how much it has to be slipping to have ford justify a rebuild.

L8 APEX
05-20-2004, 07:43 AM
You are going to have to take your long tubes off and put the stock exhaust back on along with all mods when you go to the dealer. They don't replace them until they don't move the truck anymore. Even then they will just stick another weak stock unit in there. Buy my built one for 1500 and be done with it.

03'svtlight
05-20-2004, 07:55 AM
You are going to have to take your long tubes off and put the stock exhaust back on along with all mods when you go to the dealer. They don't replace them until they don't move the truck anymore. Even then they will just stick another weak stock unit in there. Buy my built one for 1500 and be done with it.
Thats your best bet Jason. He builds'um crazy tough. Nothing you do to it (mod-wise) would hurt it. Hurry up and grab it before some other lucky bastard snatches it up. :cool:

SILVER2000SVT
05-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Thats your best bet Jason. He builds'um crazy tough. Nothing you do to it (mod-wise) would hurt it. Hurry up and grab it before some other lucky bastard snatches it up. :cool:I've been thinking about that option for a while too. I know I'm eventually going to have to go that route if I continue with adding mods. It's all about how long I can put it off. If a $100 ductible will get a stock tranny that will last a year or two, that means I can put off the $$$ for the built one for a little while when I have the money to buy it and a torque converter too, but we'll just have to see, I might just go ahead and bite the bullet now if I can swing it.

The service guy at Texan Ford told me exhaust system is ok even with headers, I hope he's right. They just said as long as there is no pulley or chip I'm ok.