PDA

View Full Version : Gen1 This & Gen1 That!

Flats Man
05-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Doesn't anyone believe in technology any more? With all this interest and questions about Gen1's, Doug will have to put up a Gen1 Forum or something! How many Gen1's are in the Talon Club right now? I will start it out with my White 94 which should arrive in Texas around August. That's 1!

Wht95Lightning
05-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Here Here! :beer:

mardyn
05-10-2004, 03:21 PM
While I've only got part of a Gen 1 Lightning, it's the most important part... the engine. Really, probably no need for a separate forum at this point... Thanks to all on this forum that have helped me out over the past few months...

oh, btw, the later mod engine super charged Lightnings are extra cool too, faster than a gen one, but extraordinarily complex in the engine bay...

mardyn :d

Silver_2000
05-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Doesn't anyone believe in technology any more? With all this interest and questions about Gen1's, Doug will have to put up a Gen1 Forum or something! How many Gen1's are in the Talon Club right now? I will start it out with my White 94 which should arrive in Texas around August. That's 1!
We can put up what ever forums make sense .. If You guys think there is enough demand for a Gen 1 forum and reason enough to separate the threads we can do it ...

Flats Man
05-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks Doug, I am just trying to find out how many Talon members also have the Gen1's so that we can get some idea. At NLOC, they are having a Gen1 survey and Texas is kicking butt right now with Oklahoma running tied for second, I think. Hopefully we can get a good count on this for Talon. There are only 3 Gen1's in the ****** club out here that I know of. Dennis and Ronnie will each have a Gen1 and JD Blackwell just bought his Monster and I believe Terry Hogg has a black Gen1. I think Ivanhoe is thinking about another Gen1. We will see!

99WhiteBeast
05-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Another here.

I also tracked down two G1's while I was in Etexas this weekend. I gave them Talon Flyer's and told them to get on the boards.

We have another member Richard from Kennedale that was at the group photo. I've talked with him a few times since- he just doesn't post up much.

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Well, there for a while I thought that I was going to get Popeye, but since Sixpipes has been successful with it, the price just keeps going up:(

I even found him a black Gen 1 so that he would have a Black Gen 1 and a Black Gen 2, You have a White Supercharged STX and a White Gen1, So Popeye would go real well with my Red Gen2.

Razor has the other Gen2, so who knows we could have 8 Ls at Fun Ford weekend this year:nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2 :nana2

02BOLT
05-10-2004, 11:16 PM
My dad owns a CHERRY '93 L (Red with about 34K miles on her). Only mod is a pair of GT-40X aluminum heads(out of the box-no port work). Damn thing runs like a top though. He called me a couple Saturdays ago to tell me about this Cool Breeze in a Reg Cab Hemi that revved at him at a light, so Dad put the Qua-Heitus on his a$$!:burnout:

He keeps telling me to come down(Bryan, TX) and get get her, but I don't need that temptation in my life right now. First thing I'd want to do is slap a set of Long Tubes with Bassani exhaust, and a Vortech S Trim on her, amongst other things.:evil Plus I'd feel like a spoiled little brat.:o Any how, it is one CLEAN ride.:eek2:

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-11-2004, 08:28 AM
My dad owns a CHERRY '93 L (Red with about 34K miles on her). Only mod is a pair of GT-40X aluminum heads(out of the box-no port work). Damn thing runs like a top though. He called me a couple Saturdays ago to tell me about this Cool Breeze in a Reg Cab Hemi that revved at him at a light, so Dad put the Qua-Heitus on his a$$!http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/burnout.gif
DID YOU SAY RED -- Aluminum Heads:d

Sixpipes
05-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Well, there for a while I thought that I was going to get Popeye, but since Sixpipes has been successful with it, the price just keeps going up:(

Price to you will be my original purchase price. Available for pick up on June 7. :D

Flats Man
05-13-2004, 01:57 PM
OK, I will bite! What is happening on June 7th? Have you gone and bought another Gen1 that know one knows about? Is it that little Supercharged number that you have been sniffing around? Most important question is, "will it be faster than mine?"

Sixpipes
05-13-2004, 02:12 PM
OK, I will bite! What is happening on June 7th? Have you gone and bought another Gen1 that know one knows about? Is it that little Supercharged number that you have been sniffing around? Most important question is, "will it be faster than mine?"
Here is the deal.

http://www.tmccc.org/schedule.html

There is a big gap in the TMCC schedule starting June 7. Gives me until September to either get the project truck completed or purchase another (preferably black). Talked to the guy in Maine today about his white 94. No way I could build a truck with comparable stuff for his asking price. The project is going to be completed, but now I'm thinking mostly stock instead of race stuff. A stroker motor with ~400 horsepower would cost me in the neighborhood of $4K+ from Calvert so I've got some decisions to make before I get down the road too far.

Anyway, I'm sure Milton would allow me to finish out the TMCC season with Popeye should the need arise. :cool:

Flats Man
05-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Well, that sounds good to me! While you are "talking" to Calvert, could you find out what he could build me a 408 Stroker short block for? I know my little Powerdyne could not feed that monster but that can be changed too. I was looking at the truck up in Maine and I agree that you could not build it for that. I think that is as good a deal as I got on mine and possibly better.

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Yep, you can finish out this season with Popeye, no problem, besides at the rate my farm work is going, I should be able to race by ooooohhhhhhh 2020 or so :(

Maybe I should be looking at the truck in Maine for a trade-in on Popeye, I still like turbos:d

Flats Man
05-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Hey Terry, I just read the following post at NLOC:

"I have really enjoyed owning my 2001 Lightning over the past three years. The comrodary, L Fest and SVTOA On Tracks have been a blast! Unfortunately I need something cheaper at this time in life. I am stripping it down and trading her in the next few weeks. With my equity from the 01 and savings I have about 7K cash to spend. After talking to some gen1 buddies I think I would like a 94 since they are improved over 93's and I cannot afford any 95's.
I looked at Emunds.com and it says market value on a white 94L clean w/ 90K is 5K trade in, 6K private sale, and 7K dealer retail. So I hope 7K will give me a decent selection. I will have the cash in hand so there will be no hassle in the sale and I am open to location. It seems banks don't like financing ten year old 100K mile trucks http://www.nloc.net/ubb/frown.gif I will cover my own travel and expenses to purchase the right truck. Airfare, hotel and fuel can add up across the country. I want a close to stock truck that has been cared for. I see a lot of low 100-150K mile black trucks on here for 5K-6500 price range that are modified. So for the extra dough I want a cleaner truck. Exhaust is fine, under 100K miles, straight body, clean interior etc.. Let me know what you have guys. I can only buy one if want the easy cash sale speak up. Like I said I had my C5 for sale for 7 months before giving it away for 22K. I wish I would have taken earlier offers.. Send pics to lightningfast01@comcast.net (lightningfast01@comcast.net) I am located in Dallas, TX.
PS: I would like to have a deal on one by Memorial day weekend that is my best time to drive one back from anywhere, USAhttp://www.nloc.net/forum/images/smilies/smilieflag1.gif"

Good luck in your hunt and I think you should be able to find what you are looking for for that amount of money. I am sure that I can speak for Ivanhoe and Sixpipes when I say that it will be great to have you tinkering on a Gen1. I left an email for you in the vender section a few days ago with some questions about installing a Torque Converter on the Gen ! when it arrives in Texas. Good luck on your hunt! We may need a Gen 1 forum after all!

Flats Man
05-16-2004, 03:08 PM
I just finished installing the new Lightning Decals! Here is a picture of the tail gate Decal with the new Roll Pan by Mar-K.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/33MVC-007F1-med.JPG

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Hey Doug, shouldn't this be moved to old school or something:d