PDA

View Full Version : Rc51

Sixpipes
04-01-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey,

I've decided to sell my RC51, I guess. :( 1992 miles,always garaged, completely stock, never dropped, etc.......

$9750. There may be a few out there that are less expensive, but you get what you pay for. Awesome handling bike. Maybe I'll get lucky and no one will want it so I'll have to keep it til next year. Yeah, that's the ticket. :D
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-13217.jpg

TXBLU
04-05-2002, 04:13 PM
Sixpipes,

Don't do it!!! I greatly regret selling my '83 VF-750F, '87 ZX-750R, '92 GSX-R750, '94 CBR600-F2 race bike, and the three GS-500 race bikes. I don't, however, regret selling the '94 KX-250 ex-factory race bike. I rode that 65hp beast five times, and it put me on my head five times. I guess I'm a slow learner. I refuse to sell my '99 TL-1000R. I'm keeping the '8? CH-80 scooter and '70 R-5 too!!! That RC51 has got to be one sweet ride! Hopefully this summer, I will have a friend in Atlanta port the heads (he got 108hp out of an otherwise stock F-2) and install a Power Commander. We figure we can get at least 155hp out of the TL-R. I've ridden several other V-twin sport bikes, but not the RC. Maybe we can swap rides one day.....:burnout:

Eric

Sixpipes
04-06-2002, 10:40 AM
TXBLU

Looks like you have a little more crotch rocket experience than I do, but I do agree with you on the dirt bike thing. I had a KTM MX600 4-stroke that was absolutely scary. Luckily, I sold the thing before it permanently disfigured (although some might think it did) me.

Maybe we can hook up some weekend afternoon and go for a quick spin. Be happy for you to ride the bike. I've always liked the TL.

TXBLU
04-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Yeah, the TL has the motor, but the RC has the chassis. When I raced bikes, it was always better to have a better suspension set-up than more hp. One of my favorite races was at Road Atlanta against a bike with more power, but mine handled better. I didn't win the race, but on the last lap, I got by him soon enough that he couldn't get back around before the checkered flag. Ah, a mis-spent youth. Well, almost youth....

Talk at ya later....

Eric