PDA

View Full Version : FS: Rare Colt Tactical Elite AR-15

Moonshine
04-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Described by Fjestad's as "the most accurate AR15 ever produced", the Colt Match Target Tactical Elite (TE6700) is a limited edition AR15 pattern rifle manufactured by Colt's Custom Shop. Rare and collectible, only 1000 of these rifles were ever produced, and they have their own unique serial number range, SR000XXX. Factory features include;

20" bull barrel with a 1/8 twist

Hogue aluminum free float tube with rubber "Overmolding"

Flat top upper receiver with picatinny rail

Hogue "Overmolded" hand grip

Choate E2 hooked buttstock

JP Enterprises adjustable single stage "AR Precision" trigger

Additionally, this particular rifle has the JP Enterprises "AR Speed Hammer" and JP lightweight trigger, hammer, and disconnector springs. The complete JP fire control system results in a crisp 2.75 lb. trigger break.

This rifle is in mint condition, with approximately 1200 rounds through it. Comes complete with original box and manual. Does not include scope or scope mount shown in picture.

$1,650 face to face in N. Texas, or add $25 for shipping to an FFL within CONUS.

Additional information and pics available upon request. If interested, e-mail me at Moonshine@Talonclub.com (Moonshine@Talonclub.com)

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/3Te_scoped-med.jpg

LonghornLightning
04-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Described by Fjestad's as "the most accurate AR15 ever produced", the Colt Match Target Tactical Elite (TE6700) is a limited edition AR15 pattern rifle manufactured by Colt's Custom Shop. Rare and collectible, only 1000 of these rifles were ever produced, and they have their own unique serial number range, SR000XXX. Factory features include;

20" bull barrel with a 1/8 twist

Hogue aluminum free float tube with rubber "Overmolding"

Flat top upper receiver with picatinny rail

Hogue "Overmolded" hand grip

Choate E2 hooked buttstock

JP Enterprises adjustable single stage "AR Precision" trigger

Additionally, this particular rifle has the JP Enterprises "AR Speed Hammer" and JP lightweight trigger, hammer, and disconnector springs. The complete JP fire control system results in a crisp 2.75 lb. trigger break.

This rifle is in mint condition, with approximately 1200 rounds through it. Comes complete with original box and manual. Does not include scope or scope mount shown in picture.

$1,650 face to face in N. Texas, or add $25 for shipping to an FFL within CONUS.

Additional information and pics available upon request. If interested, e-mail me at Moonshine@Talonclub.com (Moonshine@Talonclub.com)

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/3Te_scoped-med.jpg

:bows :eek2: And if I remember correctly, this is the guy with deadly aim :throw:

blueoval01
04-20-2004, 06:35 PM
:bows :eek2: And if I remember correctly, this is the guy with deadly aim :throw:
:rll::rll::rll: He is also the guy that shot a hole in the fender of his ATV. But, let's not mention that. It's was described in length in the infamous "DA" thread. :rolleyes:

Nice Rifle, Brian. I have a few I could part with as well. But, that's for another time.

Silver_2000
04-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Id love to have a rifle that can shoot that well. However to own a rifle that is so far above the capabilty of the user is tough to justify for me...

If I lived in the counry were I could use a toy like that a few time a year I would likely have one
:bows :bows
Doug

Moonshine
04-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Id love to have a rifle that can shoot that well. However to own a rifle that is so far above the capabilty of the user is tough to justify for me...
First part of being able to produce tiny groups is having equipment that's capable. :D

Skill comes with practice.

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-01-2004, 04:30 PM
My little varmit rifle:D

Moonshine
05-03-2004, 08:41 AM
My little varmit rifle:DVery nice M21. :tu:

My latest toy. First one I've built up from bare receivers.

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Well, I have a few AR15s, but nothing as sweet looking as that --- WOW:eek:
Good Job Brian!!!:beer:

Moonshine
05-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks. After this week I'll be able to tell you how it does at 1000 yards. It's built on Rock River National Match receivers. The barrel is a 25" stainless Krieger, chambered and rifled by Frank White at Compass Lake Engineering. That's a Badger Ordnance free float tube, and I used a Jewell two stage trigger. An Ergo grip and KNS rear sling loop round out the non mil-spec parts. The glass is a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x40 Tactical, duplex reticle, 2.5" sunshade, M1 target turrets mounted in an Armalite 1 piece base/rings. With 8 oz. of weight in the buttstock to balance it, it comes in at 12.5 lbs unloaded. Add the obligatory Harris bipod and it's ready to rock. All I need now is an IR scope for night hunting. :D

Crawford
05-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks. After this week I'll be able to tell you how it does at 1000 yards. It's built on Rock River National Match receivers. The barrel is a 25" stainless Krieger, chambered and rifled by Frank White at Compass Lake Engineering. That's a Badger Ordnance free float tube, and I used a Jewell two stage trigger. An Ergo grip and KNS rear sling loop round out the non mil-spec parts. The glass is a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x40 Tactical, duplex reticle, 2.5" sunshade, M1 target turrets mounted in an Armalite 1 piece base/rings. With 8 oz. of weight in the buttstock to balance it, it comes in at 12.5 lbs unloaded. Add the obligatory Harris bipod and it's ready to rock. All I need now is an IR scope for night hunting. :D
:confused: :confused: :confused:

my2002lightning
05-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Brian,

What rate of twist you running with that new bbl.? What weight bullets? Are you reloading to fine-tune the rifle/ammo. or you going to start out with over-the-counter match-grade ammo.?

I'm a BIG fan of both the .223/.308, but there are always trade-offs.

.223: Faster, but more prone to cross-winds at more extreme ranges.
.308: Not quite as flat shooting, but less prone to cross-winds.

Nice looking rifle setup, BTW! :bows I SO want to build one someday soon.

I'm ashamed to post up my range target results from the Mini-14 Ranch now! :cool:

Ronald

98Cobra
05-03-2004, 11:55 PM
What, no flux capacitor? I'm so disappointed.

:tongue:

Moonshine
05-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Crawford,
We know you're confused, and we understand. But that's OK, we still like you. :tongue:

Ronald,
It's a 1/8 twist barrel. The slower twist works best with the heavy bullets, and I use the Black Hills 75 or 77 grain Match ammo. For the price, you just can't beat BH ammo. Both are sub 1/3 MoA, and the heavy bullets have the least drop and drift of any .223 at extreme range.

Garett,
The flux capacitor is on the DeLorean time machine. :D

my2002lightning
05-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Brian,
Sub 1/3 MOA ? Is that all ? :rolleyes: :bows That's almost the L equivalent of running 10s in the 1/4! :tu:

Here's a url if you haven't already surfed it: http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3

Ronald

Crawford,
We know you're confused, and we understand. But that's OK, we still like you. :tongue:

Ronald,
It's a 1/8 twist barrel. The slower twist works best with the heavy bullets, and I use the Black Hills 75 or 77 grain Match ammo. For the price, you just can't beat BH ammo. Both are sub 1/3 MoA, and the heavy bullets have the least drop and drift of any .223 at extreme range.

Garett,
The flux capacitor is on the DeLorean time machine. :D

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Maybe we need to have a TALON day at the RANGE!!:beer: :beer:

L8 APEX
05-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Maybe we need to have a TALON day at the RANGE!!:beer: :beer::eek:

Moonshine
05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Ronald,
I'm a firm believer in Col. Whelan's adage that the only interesting rifles are accurate rifles. Can't think of any scoped rifle I own that won't consistently go sub 1/2 MoA, and most can do substantially better than that.

Milton,
Hey, there's an idea. Now why didn't I think of that. :)

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Instead a run what you brung, maybe a shoot what you brungknana

There may actually be some people in TALON with a competative spirit or something:tu:

we will start weeding out the MEN from the boys at 300 yds. No bracket racing, smallest group wins:eek2:

When Moses was a child, I use to shoot at a range out by Lincoln Park which is north and east of Frisco, really nice facilities. But any outdoor range will do.

my2002lightning
05-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Brian,

I SO wish I had more time to test/tune my rifles and reloads and enter that realm of marksmanship! :)

I'm looking to start a monthly rifle shoot on this range up here on 380 near Frisco and start getting the Mini-14 dialed-in along with the Ruger M-77 MkII .300 Win. Mag., too.

I came close to getting one of the Remington .300 Win. Mag. SS fluted Senderos back in the college days, but my brother was selling his Ruger.

Ronald,
I'm a firm believer in Col. Whelan's adage that the only interesting rifles are accurate rifles. Can't think of any scoped rifle I own that won't consistently go sub 1/2 MoA, and most can do substantially better than that.

Milton,
Hey, there's an idea. Now why didn't I think of that. :)

blueoval01
05-05-2004, 11:10 PM
OK, I'll chime in only because I understand that you guys are talking clear sight.
My .375 trims the landscape before bringing down a deer or turkey. And I used to do it all on horseback. :cool:
Ahh, those were the days. :tu:

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-06-2004, 07:47 AM
I'm looking to start a monthly rifle shoot on this range up here on 380 near Frisco and start getting the Mini-14 dialed-in along with the Ruger M-77 MkII .300 Win. Mag., too.
Somewhere in the barn are a bunch of 300 Win brass and bullets. I use to have one of those, and it killed at one end and maimed at the other:(

That is exactly the range I was talking aboutknana

OK, I'll chime in only because I understand that you guys are talking clear sight.
My .375 trims the landscape before bringing down a deer or turkey. And I used to do it all on horseback. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif
That rifle is just this side of a howitzer:beer: But it doesn't kick as bad as the 300 MAG. I have always wanted a .375 H&H but is a bit large for Texas animals:D

blueoval01
05-07-2004, 04:13 PM
That rifle is just this side of a howitzer:beer:....... :rll: Yep, Winchester model 94 xtr big bore .375 ....... Lever action.
Bit old fashion compared the fancy rifles now.