View Full Version : Motorplex (Ennis) 07/12/02

BlkLightning
07-11-2002, 09:45 AM
** RAINED OUT **

LTI Fast Friday
July 12, 2002
6:00 PM - 12:00 AM
6:00 PM - 12:00 AM 2002-00-00 LINCOLN TECH FAST FRIDAYS presented by Sunoco
Lincoln Tech Fast Fridays at the Texas Motorplex are open for fun and grudge racing, race car testing, and also offer the LTI High School Series, a points earning category for high school students in street legal vehicles. Fast Fridays will also feature an intro to drag racing seminar for beginners.
LTI Fast Friday Schedule
Gates Open: 6:00 p.m.
LTI Racing Seminar: 6:30 p.m.
Open Time Trials: 7:00 p.m. - Midnight
LTI High School Series Eliminations: 9:00 p.m.

Admission Prices
Racer Entry: $15
Student Racer: $12
Spectator Entry: $8
Student Spectator: $5
See scheule for event dates Call 972-878-2641 for more information

Well, I went because the website and voicemail said they were open and the weathe station said no rain. Got there and they're closed, no notices anywhere, about 15 cars sitting around out front talking. One of them got one of the Motorplex folks on the line and they said they were not going to open tonight because of the storm headed their way. BAH! :flaming:

L8 APEX
07-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Damn 5 tenths in the 1/8th ain't bad at all! Not sure how the weather will be.. I know it will be hot and humid definately not a night for records. I could bring an Accufab and see the difference it makes:burnout:

tliss
07-11-2002, 12:42 PM
I can't wait until Ennis has another test and tune. The stage and go stuff is a recipe for crappy reaction times.

Tom

L8 APEX
07-11-2002, 11:30 PM
I gathered a census from the Thursday night meeting that a few guys want to hang out at Ennis race, drink, and race some more:d Anyway if the weather holds I will roll out there after 7 or so with and few other L's hang out and laugh at the ricers or run your truck we will be there chillin' yo!:tu:

BlkLightning
07-12-2002, 03:30 AM
Tliss, Fast Fridays are normal trees. It's only the street nights, like next week, that's the instant green stuff. So don't let that hold ya back. :tu:

Hey Apex, if you're feeling froggy you could always swap the 'fab on after a few runs to see what different it makes. Though if it shows the results I'm expecting, I'll get kicked off the track. :eek2: Probably won't be that strong though, because undoubtedly the weather IS going to suck.

But I went from an 8.91 to an 8.47 (combination of learning how to launch and power increase hehe). If I see no gain at all except for that, I'd be running 13.6. :crying: But based on how it feels on the freeway, I'd guess it's going to run a lot stronger than a 13.6. I'm hoping for a 13.2 run in the very least. If I can get one, the 'fab might push me to a 12.99 at which point they go "hmm, I see no driveshaft loop" and then I get the kaboot hehe. :hammer: It'd be nice to get kicked off the track for being too fast though. :banana:

L8 APEX
07-12-2002, 06:37 AM
They are saying 70% rain!:mad: Two weeks ago it rained in Dallas and we were dry at the track so who knows.. We'll play it by ear we have been caught in the rain at Ennis before:rolleyes: If Jacob brings some pit chicks that may not be all bad though:D:tu:

tliss
07-12-2002, 07:06 AM
Dammit! Well that just sux! When I can go I get crappy R/T because of stage and go and when I can't go everything is the way it should be! Oh well. Chances are I'll go out periodically, but I won't be expecting my 12 until fall. RIght now I'm happy with my low 13s.

Tom

RedNemesis01
07-12-2002, 09:01 AM
unless they're running the Fast Fridays differently than the street nights, they don't really pay close attention to their own rules...wouldn't worry too much about D/S loop, etc. even helmets aren't an issue, e.g. 13.386 1/4 w/no helmet...no one ever said a word...and tech process is such:

"Yeah, I need to get my truck tech'd."
"You got your card?"
"Yeah, here."
"ok...you're good to go"

(notice the lack of any description of the inspection process?)

bill

ps...the helmet rules says any vehicles running <14s 1/4 require helmet for driver

BlkLightning
07-12-2002, 09:55 AM
True, I bring my helmet just in case (last time I ran a 14.04 so it was close). I guess on street nights they're being lenient, but I wouldn't count on that to always be the case. I've seen them kick people before for tech after the fact (oh, you run 12's!?). They are an NHRA Nationals Track, if they get caught letting you break the rules it's bad juju for them. Maybe they've figured a way around that as part of the get racers off the street program, because you're right... I don't think I saw a single helmet all night on street night, even the guys running caged cars. Hmm, I might have to email them about this and ask.

At any rate, I'll have my helmet and that's probably all I'll need anyways. Worst case, I run some 13's and maybe break a 12 with that throttle body and call it a successfull evening hehe.

PS: I'm trying to call in sick to work, not sure if that's going to fly yet or not. If it does, I'll be at Ennis when it opens unless they are actually reporting rain. Intellicast is showing a rain prediction that does NOT cover the area of the track, it's mostly south of there. We'll see I guess. Does anyone know the town closest to Ennis? Ennis doesn't have the hourly reports, Corsicana does but that's a bit far.

L8 APEX
07-12-2002, 05:34 PM
The storm blew through Arlington an hour ago. It is sunny and clear again. I can head to Ennis or Kennedale call if you are interested:tu:

BlkLightning
07-12-2002, 05:37 PM
The storm is just now hitting my area, no rain in Corsicana yet... I'm headed out the door on my way to Ennis. Bringing a book, if nothing else I'll hang out and shoot the **** waiting for the track to dry. :d

Oh, my cell # is 214-662-0224... call me in about an hour or so, say 6:45pm or 7pm. I should be out at Ennis by then, I can tell you what the weather looks like in person hehe.

RedNemesis01
07-12-2002, 10:45 PM
damn glad I didn't waste the trip all the way down there to Northern Mexico...that woulda sucked...sorry to hear you guys didn't get to run

L8 APEX
07-13-2002, 12:34 AM
Shute we ran like mad all night inbetween Pro-Mods:tu: Kennedale was rocking! You should have followed Scott and the R/T's over. PR trucks were running the show:D

BlkLightning
07-13-2002, 03:26 AM
Actually there was another '02 Black PR Lightning at Ennis sitting at the gates with me. Said he was from the Lewisville Lake area if that helps hehe.

I've never been to Kennedale, if I want to 1/8th I'm goin to Redline hehe... it's 15 miles from my house down the freeway, every other track is 45 minutes away.