PDA

View Full Version : New Mustang in the Stable...

98Cobra
04-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Not for me, but the girlfriend bought a new 2004 DSG GT Convertible yesterday from North Central Ford. :tu:

http://www.trietsch.com/images/NewMustang/index.html

Nuhklz
04-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Nice looking ride! :tu:

This is the time of year to truly enjoy a ragtop.

my2002lightning
04-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Looking good, Garett! knana

Now, who gets the garage ? :D

Ronald

AKRed02
04-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Sweet. . .:tu:

I'm jealous. :)

98Cobra
04-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Looking good, Garett! knana

Now, who gets the garage ? :D

Ronald
That'll still be me. :D

L8 APEX
04-05-2004, 01:25 AM
I never have been a vert guy in any vehicle body. The first Cobra I modded was a vert and had a lot of frame flex. The A-pillars would shake side to side over railroad tracks. I guess a set of subframe connectors and srut brace would help that. But as long as she is happy it is all good.

Crawford
04-05-2004, 01:25 AM
I just cant believe you talked her into buying a Ford. Good job man... good job. :D

Crawford
04-05-2004, 12:25 PM
I never have been a vert guy in any vehicle body. The first Cobra I modded was a vert and had a lot of frame flex. The A-pillars would shake side to side over railroad tracks. I guess a set of subframe connectors and srut brace would help that. But as long as she is happy it is all good.
I used to have a convertible 98 Cobra a few years back and I noticed the same thing. There was a lot of flex on that frame. Going over speed bumps and train tracks made me think the thing was going to break apart. I had a hard top 96 Cobra and the difference was night and day. A strut tower brace and some weld in Kenny Brown super subs would probably fix that problem right up like you said.

98Cobra
04-05-2004, 12:56 PM
I used to have a convertible 98 Cobra a few years back and I noticed the same thing. There was a lot of flex on that frame. Going over speed bumps and train tracks made me think the thing was going to break apart. I had a hard top 96 Cobra and the difference was night and day. A strut tower brace and some weld in Kenny Brown super subs would probably fix that problem right up like you said.
Weird. We drove the car around Plano and went over several train tracks, and it seemed very solid. Maybe they changed something recently?

And yes, I am not supposed to brag that I got her to buy a Ford. :D But its pretty simple, there isn't much else out there in a convertible in that price range that I would be seen dead in. :cool:

Crawford
04-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Weird. We drove the car around Plano and went over several train tracks, and it seemed very solid. Maybe they changed something recently?

And yes, I am not supposed to brag that I got her to buy a Ford. :D But its pretty simple, there isn't much else out there in a convertible in that price range that I would be seen dead in. :cool:
They probably did do something about that problem. There is a 6 year difference between the two. You should brag about the Ford thing next time we go out. I cant wait to throw a few cheap shots in on that one! :banana:

TP Derrick D
04-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Not for me, but the girlfriend bought a new 2004 DSG GT Convertible yesterday from North Central Ford. :tu:

Couple days old but...
Welcome to ,or back to ,the Mustang world. :nana2

Tex Arcana
04-13-2004, 12:31 AM

Nice buy, my wife had a 2002 GT vert in that color... great car. ;) Rode MUCH better than the '98 'vert she had a couple years before then.

Oh, and more pics of the girlfriend... :evil