PDA

View Full Version : svtlightnings.com email problem

Wht95Lightning
03-24-2004, 06:58 PM
I never use my svtlightnings email address on forms, only to communicate with other Talon members or NLOC.
Today, I log in and find 11 pieces of mail that appear to be rejected emails that I SENT only I never sent them. They were from mail servers I never heard of and most of them said my mail was rejected because of an .scr attachment.
Which of course, I never sent.
So, I changed my password but I am not sure what else to do. Either somebody is using my email address as a "reply to" or something more serious is happening.

Doug, any words of wisdom?

Silver_2000
03-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Gary

No worries - some one that has you in thier address book has a virus .. There are a NUMBER of mass emailing virusese that are flying around

Make sure you have current virus scan on your PC and delete those emails

I get about 30 a day some days.. An easy way to tell if they are from same irus is look at the size of the email one virus sends out 31k emails and the other 42 k emails. i get them in batches of 5 or 6 at a time which makes me think a vorus infected dial up user is connecting to the net for a few seconds and I get them all at once...

Doug

I never use my svtlightnings email address on forms, only to communicate with other Talon members or NLOC.
Today, I log in and find 11 pieces of mail that appear to be rejected emails that I SENT only I never sent them. They were from mail servers I never heard of and most of them said my mail was rejected because of an .scr attachment.
Which of course, I never sent.
So, I changed my password but I am not sure what else to do. Either somebody is using my email address as a "reply to" or something more serious is happening.

Doug, any words of wisdom?