PDA

View Full Version : Mid 11 second Neon vs 01 L?!?!

Crawford
03-31-2002, 08:05 PM
I just cant resist telling you guys this little story in progress. I have a friend of mine who is a rice boy through and through, he has the baggy pants and everything (31 years old too?!). He has a 4 door dodge neon that he is always trying to hot rod by putting different engines and transmissions in. He has blown up I believe 3 motors dicking around like this. Well about a year ago we are on our way to a party and he tells me that he took a GT on the highway from a punch the day before. I proceeded to laugh at him telling him it was just not possible, well he talks me into racing him. He tells me he thinks he can hang! At the time I had my 2000 with just an airraid. The POS R9 was out due to massive pinging. Well I agree. We make our way to the party and line up at a light on the way. When the light turned green the Lightning got mean. I ripped him a new anus about 12 car lengths wide. It was awfully nasty. Well apparantly I scarred the guy mentally or something. I run into the guy a year later this week and he proceeds to tell everyone before I get to this bar that he is building a mid 11 second getup for his Neon and his sole mission in life is to beat me. He gets about 30 minutes of smack talking in on my friends before I arrive. Well I get there and he tells me he is building a full built motor with rods this and pistons that blower this and NOS that with a built manual tranny, ignition etc. It all boils down to a 4 cylinder built motor with a 10lb turbo and a 75 wet fogger system with a 5spd manual. He also tells me he wants to do this race on street tires! Well my 01 is running 12.84 @ 108.19 on F1s. He tells me the car will be ready in a couple months and he wants to run for money in July. I just cant wait for this to go down. I always wanted to beat down a mid 11 second Neon! After about 20-30 minutes of conversation with me he is back pedling like crazy. Well I am pretty sure I can take you from I am going to smoke his ass! I will keep you guys posted on how this turns out. The nuttiest things happen when rice boys start bench racing huh? He was only willing to bet 50 bucks on the race...

Crawford

tliss
03-31-2002, 08:59 PM
Why doesn't this guy just take the $10 he paid for the car and the $10,000 he appears to be paying for the engine and rice burning stuff and invest in a real vehicle? Jeez, ricers make me want to puke! (where that smiley that pukes when you need it?)

Doug, can you add that one. I never felt like using that one as much as I do now.

Crawford, smoke his sorry ass and bring us the scraps!:burnout:

MadMax
03-31-2002, 10:10 PM
Personally i don't quite get the rice image either. I have "ricers" that have unfortunately moved across the street. Half the damn ricers in North Irving are hangin' at this place.....:mad:

the only good thing i heard from these dudes is Extrude Hone which I plan getting done to the upper manifold...

Crawford
04-01-2002, 12:44 AM
I will definately do my best to hand him his ass! I told him we are doing this at Hallsville. Need to get it on tape!! :D