PDA

View Full Version : 02BOLT sells his ride

02BOLT
03-15-2004, 11:50 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15Rob_s_profilesmall1.jpg
.....to my baby:(. I regret to inform ya'll that the L is about to exit stage left. This is easily the MOST DIFFICULT thing I've ever had to sacrifice, but sometimes a fella has to do what a fella has to do.:crying:

I'll be outta town Wednesday(3/17)-Sunday(3/21). If you're interested in any of this stuff, PM me before Tuesday Night 3/16, cause I won't be available to answer Q's 'til Sunday night.

At any rate, I have some goodies that I thought some of you might be interested in...(Built motor and KB are already spoken for)

1. (a) Boyd Coddington Timeless 2 (Signature Series) 18 x 9.5(all 4). I paid $450.00 per wheel BEFORE tax. They are show polished INSIDE and OUT, and have ABSOLUTELY NO curb checks or road rash of any kind. Mike(Poorsvtman) has a pic of them in his photo gallery, or you can check www.boydcoddington.com (http://www.boydcoddington.com/) . Click on "wheels", then on "signature series".
I'm asking $950.00 with exchange for your stock wheels.
(b) I just put a fresh set of Nitto 305/R18 Drag Radials on the truck less than a month ago. My L is NOT driven daily. The DR's have LESS than 500 miles on them. I paid $490.00 for them. I'm asking $350.00 for the pair with an exchange of 2 DECENT tires to put back on the truck. OR if you're interested in the wheels also, I'll leave the DR's on them for a $1250.00 package price.

2. Performance Research Built Trannsmission($2000.00 value). I'd like to get $950.00 with an exchange of your PROPERLY functioning tranny...you pay for the swap(by Terry at PR). This tranny should easily handle ANYTHING you can throw at it for many, many ,many miles to come.(supply your converter) I'd sure hate to turn this truck in with this bad boy still in it.

3. PSP F.A.S.T. AIR Ram Air System(CAI) I had the "box" powder coated($100.00) Jet Black. It utilizes the 12" open end conical filter with twin tubes entering the box from the fender and underside.($400.00 NEW). I'll take $200.00 for the set-up.

4. Fluidyne Heat Exchanger with 8" fan and hardware.($575.00 in parts) I'm asking $350.00 with exchange of your stock exchanger. This a VERY nice piece that will definitely come in handy during our HOT-A$$ Spring and Summer months.

5.Got a silver L? I have the FIRST Fuel Brake style fuel door ever produced for a Lightning(by Pro-Fit Linear Fuel Doors). It fits the fender like a GLOVE. This is a locking/electronic door that is activated by remote. The outer ring is painted Silver(YN paint code) to match the truck, while the "Fuel Brake" is polished with a satin backplate. This is a TRICK piece. Only been on the truck for a month. Paid $500.00. Asking $350.00. I realize this is a buttload of money for a fricking fuel door, but NO ONE ELSE HAS THIS DOOR....PERIOD!!!

6. JLP " Lift(Traction) Bars. I had the bars Powdercoated RED($150.00) because the "factory coating was chipping and coming off. I paid $365.00 for them NEW. Asking $250.00 .

Later,
Rob

Sorry 'bout the edit...forgot the T-bars.:rolleyes:

03'svtlight
03-15-2004, 11:55 PM
WTF?????? :confused:

StormShadow
03-15-2004, 11:57 PM
AWWW man. Hate to hear that Bro.

02BOLT
03-16-2004, 12:01 AM
WTF?????? :confused:
Got some priorities I need to tend to right now....like a HOUSE. My wife and I are wanting to start a family soon, and I cannot continue to blow large amounts of money on what amounts to a "toy", when we have other priorities I need to be tending to.;)

Need some nice polished wheels to go with that bad daddy DSG L?:D

Later Bro,
Rob

StormShadow
03-16-2004, 12:03 AM
I do (need some wheels). How about those headers and the QA1's?

03'svtlight
03-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Got some priorities I need to tend to right now....like a HOUSE. My wife and I are wanting to start a family soon, and I cannot continue to blow large amounts of money on what amounts to a "toy", when we have other priorities I need to be tending to.;)

Need some nice polished wheels to go with that bad daddy DSG L?:D

Later Bro,
Rob
I can fully relate to the priority thing. I've been there for years. As far as the wheels, I've already bought a set. Just waiting on the funds to lower the damn thing and tires.

03'svtlight
03-16-2004, 12:18 AM
It's definitely a juggling act I might ad. :rolleyes:

02BOLT
03-16-2004, 12:19 AM
I do (need some wheels). How about those headers?
Just lemme know bro.:tu:

BTW, here's a list of the items on the truck that are spoken for thus far...

*Built motor/KB
*50 lb/hr injectors
*Twin 255lph fuel pumps
*Full exhaust
*QA1's
*Billetflow T-body
*Phenolic Spacer
*Bed Rug
*Carbon fiber fan shroud cover etc...
*E-fan/H2O pump
*Line-Lock
*Cervini Cowl Ind. Hood

I still have a complete assortment of Autometer Lunar Series gages..
*Boost...$40.00
*Oil Pressure(with all fittings and hardware(never installed))...$40.00
*Tranny Temp...$40.00
*Fuel Pressure(this is the bad daddy $230.00(new) electric full sweep gage)If you're spraying OR running in excess of 15psi of boost, this gage is a VERY GOOD IDEA!....$175.00

Plus the ONE-PIECE A-Pillar Twin(2) Gage pod. Looks FACTORY! Asking $30.00 bucks.

Crawford
03-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Rob,

Man its going to suck loosing you bro. You are one hell of an enthusiast. I understand the reasons why you have to let it go. There is life outside the whole Lightning thing. At least thats what I hear... :evil Hopefully you can still show up to a meet or two!

I dont suppose you would happen to have a torque converter laying around that you dont need do ya???

02BOLT
03-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Just lemme know bro.:tu:

BTW, here's a list of the items on the truck that are spoken for thus far...

*Built motor/KB
*50 lb/hr injectors
*Twin 255lph fuel pumps
*Full exhaust
*QA1's
*Billetflow T-body
*Phenolic Spacer
*Bed Rug
*Carbon fiber fan shroud cover etc...
*E-fan/H2O pump
*Line-Lock
*Cervini Cowl Ind. Hood

I still have a complete assortment of Autometer Lunar Series gages..
*Boost...$40.00
*Oil Pressure(with all fittings and hardware(never installed))...$40.00
*Tranny Temp...$40.00
*Fuel Pressure(this is the bad daddy $230.00(new) electric full sweep gage)If you're spraying OR running in excess of 15psi of boost, this gage is a VERY GOOD IDEA!....$175.00

Plus the ONE-PIECE A-Pillar Twin(2) Gage pod. Looks FACTORY! Asking $30.00 bucks.
Oh yeah...and the steering column pod...Paid $50.00 two months ago, asking $30.00 .

03'svtlight
03-16-2004, 12:22 AM
DAYUM
ALOT of goodies

02BOLT
03-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Rob,

Man its going to suck loosing you bro. You are one hell of an enthusiast. I understand the reasons why you have to let it go. There is life outside the whole Lightning thing. At least thats what I hear... :evil Hopefully you can still show up to a meet or two!

I dont suppose you would happen to have a torque converter laying around that you dont need do ya???
Thanks Sam,
I'll still be hanging around...that is if ya'll don't mind. Actually, my dad has been telling me for months to come pick up the Gen 1(Red '93 with around 34,000 original miles). He doesn't really have anywhere to "sport" her in Bryan/College Station, so he figures I'll have more fun with it here than he does with it there. That thing is fricking MINT! So I'll still cruise it to meetings and such. Just won't get there quite as fast.

The Converter's been gobbled up already.....BUT holler at Ron(03 Rocks), I'll just bet he can hook a brotha up!:tu:

Later,
Rob

Crawford
03-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Thanks Sam,
I'll still be hanging around...that is if ya'll don't mind. Actually, my dad has been telling me for months to come pick up the Gen 1(Red '93 with around 34,000 original miles). He doesn't really have anywhere to "sport" her in Bryan/College Station, so he figures I'll have more fun with it here than he does with it there. That thing is fricking MINT! So I'll still cruise it to meetings and such. Just won't get there quite as fast.

The Converter's been gobbled up already.....BUT holler at Ron(03 Rocks), I'll just bet he can hook a brotha up!:tu:

Later,
Rob
Sounds like an awesome deal on the Gen1. You can still claim to be a Lightning owner! Very cool.

I sent a PM to Ron. We will see what he says! Thanks man.

03'svtlight
03-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Thanks Sam,

Later,
Rob
Hell, ya gonna have the gen 1 over at Terrys doing a 408ci stroker w/turbo anyway!!!!! Awwwww...The madness never stops :evil

L8 APEX
03-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Must resist urge to comment, arrghhhhh:hammer:

my2002lightning
03-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Rob,

Speaking as the "slowest" '02 L around here, :D I hate to see you go!

I understand your commitment to wife/family. For me, it's been quite a change.

Best of luck!

Ronald

02BOLT
03-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Must resist urge to comment, arrghhhhh:hammer:I must restist any urges PERIOD! If I'm gonna give her up, then I gotta make it count! Can't be falling into any traps....cause heaven knows I am a sucker when it comes to trying to make "just a little more HP"!:hammer:

cpeapea
03-16-2004, 06:40 AM
im definitly eyeing those traction bars Rob

L1nt2B
03-16-2004, 07:31 AM
How would ya like to slip on a nice set of 20" for those 18"?

tliss
03-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Sorry to see you go Rob! I understand priorities, and sometimes it's just nice to ignore them and be a kid. You do what you have to do.

If the exhaust and throttle body fall through let me know and I'll take them off of your hands. The blower misses some of it's old friends.

Tom

02BOLT
03-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Sorry to see you go Rob! I understand priorities, and sometimes it's just nice to ignore them and be a kid. You do what you have to do.

If the exhaust and throttle body fall through let me know and I'll take them off of your hands. The blower misses some of it's old friends.

Tom

10-4, my friend.:tu:

scott015
03-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Rob,

im sorry you have to let your truck go. But like everyone else says.. I understand your problems. Its just a shame. I know you are gonna hate letting it go. Im new to the L world, and I for one will miss ya cuz you are on of the guys that has always been there for me so far...

keep in touch, and Im sure it wont be long before we see Rob Jr at a Talon meet !!!!

good luck!!

Nuhklz
03-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Sorry to read your post because I've enjoyed the few times we met at wh and pr.

Family comes first and your time will come again for toys.

Sandman
03-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Rob,
Sorry to see you go. I was able to see you run it a couple of times. That is one bad beast. I'm sure you will be missed.

However, thanks for passing on these great deals to the talon members. I would like the gauges and possibly the pod.

PM Sent.

REXRENEGADE
03-16-2004, 10:29 AM
I would be interested in those Boyd Coddington Wheels if they are still available.

Curtis J. :tu:

99WhiteBeast
03-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Your welcome anytime at my home bad Rob. You'll still be rolling in style in that "cherry" G1 and hanging out with us:tu:

scott015
03-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Rob, out of the parts remaining... i really want the gas tank door... i love that thing..... can ya work me out a deal? $350 is alot for a door.... plus id have to get it painted black.... but it is sweet

wesman
03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Damn...sorry to see you go Rob.

Wish that built motor was still up for grabs....that is definitely on the "Crap I need" list.

--wes

scott015
03-16-2004, 06:27 PM
ohh, one more thing... is there anyway I can try out the boost guage? i think mine is malfunctioning... if i can plug yours in and it works, ill take it.... my stock guage is showing like 15+ but my autometer is only showing like 11.... but if i thump it... it will move about 2-3 lbs.... so i tihnk its bad

BCNU
03-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Rob,Do you know anyone that could change the tranny out ,if so could you find out the cost.I live in Houston

bobbywade69
03-16-2004, 09:03 PM
I got the cash for those T-bars, if they are still up for grabs Rob!:tu:

02BOLT
03-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey guys,

I just got home from work(8:15pm), and don't have internet access while in the field, so I haven't had a chance to check the boards all day. At any rate, I'm heading out of town tomorrow through Sunday, and have not even begun packing yet. I'll try to get an updated list of the SOLD goodies up here in a bit.

Thanks to all of you for your help, and I hope these parts will serve you all well. This is absolutely miserable:(, but at least I feel maybe I was able to help several of you realize some mods that will make your L just that much sweeter than before. That's what this brotherhood is all about.:beer:

Later,
Rob;)

wesman
03-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Hey guys,

I just got home from work(8:15pm), and don't have internet access while in the field, so I haven't had a chance to check the boards all day. At any rate, I'm heading out of town tomorrow through Sunday, and have not even begun packing yet. I'll try to get an updated list of the SOLD goodies up here in a bit.

Thanks to all of you for your help, and I hope these parts will serve you all well. This is absolutely miserable:(, but at least I feel maybe I was able to help several of you realize some mods that will make your L just that much sweeter than before. That's what this brotherhood is all about.:beer:

Later,
Rob;)
So who bought the motor ? Maybe I can convince em I need it for a dead KB'd L since Nov :flaming:

--wes

L8 APEX
03-16-2004, 11:51 PM
He needs a good core engine to trade in with Wes.. Ron is getting the good stuff KB, engine, 50's etc. Since he couldn't beat him he decided to buy his setup:throw: . Taking Rob's truck apart will be like puting my dog to sleep:crying: . I have donated a lot of effort and personal attention to make the truck a success. From fixing the trans in 2 days to make its first 11 second pass a Ennis that Saturday. Many mods with free home pickup and delivery ( I hate driving Rob's truck). It has been a real adventure as Rob has bought the best of everything from day one. He is the first and possibly only L owner who I ever sold HRE's. And only local owner to run Brembos. As in most car projects they get sold by the time you have them finished and tuned out . It was a privilage working with Rob to build the fastest Lightning in the club:bows :tu: . What will I do next... Here is how I will rememeber the L.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15Rob_s_profilesmall1.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15HRE_wheelonly1.jpg

02BOLT
03-17-2004, 12:47 AM
It's been a privelege working with you too my friend. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I've always respected and appreciated you for your work ethic, and your unbelievable attention to detail. I could have never had her to the level she was without your help and guidance. You have gone above and beyond many, many times to help a brotha out, and your pricing was ALWAYS more than fair.:bows

She NEVER let me down in any way, shape or form, and she ALWAYS hit on all 8 cylinders all the time. She made countless 1/4 and 1/8 mile passes with nary a whimper, and ran 11.60's at 117+ on the stock longblock withOUT the assistance of N2O. Her final victim was a Millenium Yellow ZO6, that she covered by 6 tenths of a second and 4 MPH:eek2: in the 1/8!(Last Wednesday night) I didn't know it at the time, that would be her last pass under my right foot, but she went out with her guns blazing. I have NEVER enjoyed a vehicle as completely and thoroughly as I did this L. I made a lot of great friends that will be around long after her paint her has faded, and for that I am truly grateful. One thing's for sure, there is NOTHING more fun than showing a fast a$$ CAR your TAILGATE!

Thanks again Terry. You are a HUGE asset to this community!:beer:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

wesman
03-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Sheesh...you guys keep this up and you're gonna be making out in a second :nono:

--wes

Crawford
03-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Sheesh...you guys keep this up and you're gonna be making out in a second :nono:

--wes
Ladies and gentlemen thank you for tuning in to WGAY all GAY all day!!! :rll:

Sixpipes
03-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Sadly, it looks like reason has won out. I just hope your wife understands and appreciates the depth of your sacrifice. However, if she doesn't and things don't work out, sounds like you can always move in with Terry. :tongue:

L1nt2B
03-17-2004, 08:30 AM
:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

02BOLT
03-17-2004, 08:33 AM
alright, alright, c'mon now...just trying show a fella brotha a little appreciation is all.

Later....

Sixpipes
03-17-2004, 08:00 PM
alright, alright, c'mon now...just trying show a fella brotha a little appreciation is all.

Later....Just messin with you a little. So are you going to retain the services of the Gen I? You can make these thinks fast for a lot less $$$ you know. :cool:

L8 APEX
03-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Rob is out of town so I am making some deals of my own:d . Who wants a built tranny? I built this one jsut for Rob's 530rwhp KB powered track beast. It is born and raised on Mobil1 ATF. It has the diesel drum which holds extra clutches, Raybestos blue plates, means steels, LFP valve body, B&M deep aluminum pan. Everything I could think of to make one last. Rob wanted 950 plus R&R for both trucks. I will swap this for a good working trans for 1,000 cash installed turn key job. Throw in another 400 for an Art Carr 2400 converter and you will be set up tight:tu:. Our normal built trans is 2000 plus 250 for R&R. Half price ain't bad. I need to have your truck at the shop ASAP Friday or Saturday for the swap. If you have ever driven a built trans truck you would know it is like a mod all in itself.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15MVC-013F.JPG

L8 APEX
03-17-2004, 10:02 PM
This thing is looking more like a stolen truck by the minute. I am not wasting any time getting the job done. Just be patient as I have a lot of trucks to transfer and install parts to. The drivetrain and exhaust is out! Tomorrow will be Ron's engine pull then back together with them.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15MVC-011F.JPG

tliss
03-17-2004, 10:03 PM
Mine :banana:

Tom

L8 APEX
03-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Transmission is SOLD:nana2 . I like my insane deals what Rob doesn't know can't hurt him:D .

03LightningRocks
03-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Holy Crap Terry....you just picked the truck up this morning!!!!!!!!! Since your getting so good at swapping the motors....do I get a discount:d ?

I sent you a PM.....I don't know if I can handle seeing a pick of my truck without the heart.

You are going to crush Rob with that pick:( . I have been trying to talk him out of all this....I guess it is done now.

Rocks:crying:

03LightningRocks
03-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Mine :banana:

Tom

Did you buy the tranny??? If I hadn't run out of money, I would own that too.

Rocks:beer:

L8 APEX
03-17-2004, 11:46 PM
I am thinking of taking out the windows, seats, bed, fenders. Just chopping the whole biatch and letting him file it stolen:D . I am a Jedi Master of the Lightning truck. Plugs, pulleys, headers, engines, trannys all gravy. As long as I have my music I can get in my zone and flow:cool: . I got started about noon today.

tliss
03-18-2004, 06:54 AM
Did you buy the tranny??? If I hadn't run out of money, I would own that too.

Yep. If I would have known beforehand about the mass sell off I would have fought you for the motor.:hammer:

Tom

cpeapea
03-18-2004, 06:56 AM
damn you ron, i was hoping to hand you your ass with the new motor bit, but now it looks like i still have some catching up to do. never try to beat an ol
hvac gangster with money :bows :beer:

03LightningRocks
03-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Yep. If I would have known beforehand about the mass sell off I would have fought you for the motor.:hammer:

Tom
LOL....it was deeper than money. That was a race buddy deal....now if I make the same move as Rob.....I have to pass the same deal to another true racer.

The truck goes away...but the motor lives on at the track:tu: .

03LightningRocks
03-18-2004, 10:01 AM
damn you ron, i was hoping to hand you your ass with the new motor bit, but now it looks like i still have some catching up to do. never try to beat an ol
hvac gangster with money :bows :beer:

I don't know Gavin....just pump up the boost and add some giggle gas...your there:nana2 .

Sandman
03-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Rob,

Do you have an updated list of whats left?

cpeapea
03-18-2004, 06:38 PM
I don't know Gavin....just pump up the boost and add some giggle gas...your there:nana2 .

oh dont worry ;) i plan on it:d

you're not planning on selling your lightning any time soon are ya ron?

03LightningRocks
03-18-2004, 06:49 PM
you're not planning on selling your lightning any time soon are ya ron?

LOL....you looking to aquire a second built motor???

No, I have no plan to sell my L. It is a hobby though, so if the situation warrants the move, she will be gone.

I would like to get into the nines with it now. My goal was originally to take the stock block and super charger into the 11's.....I got that done. Now let's see if I can make my next goal.

Rocks:nana2

L8 APEX
03-18-2004, 11:15 PM
I think everytihing is spoken for/or mine:D . Ron you owe me big for the PITA your truck has been. I spent 4 hours trying to get the headers off the truck:hammer: . After using the air hammer, blow torch, and pipe wrench they came out:throw: . Then all of that idler crap, Eaton over tortqued, stubborn engine mount bolts, freaking plasma booster:flaming: . The result today was two motors side by side which is which:d .
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15MVC-001F.JPG

L8 APEX
03-18-2004, 11:16 PM
You know why all of this old oil and nut are doing in your valley:confused: http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15MVC-003F1.JPG

03LightningRocks
03-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Geeze Terry,

:beer:

Rocks

Sixpipes
03-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Ron,

I thought all your idler sh!t looked cool. How much do you want for it? :cool:

03LightningRocks
03-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Ron,

I thought all your idler sh!t looked cool. How much do you want for it? :cool:
Make me an offer Dennis......I will try to forget about you ignoring me in Florida.

tliss
03-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Make me an offer Dennis......I will try to forget about you ignoring me in Florida.If you're dumping the idler, I'm going to put my foot in the ring as well. I've got belt slippage issues with the Apten now. If Dennis doesn't take it, I probably will.

Tom

StormShadow
03-19-2004, 10:29 AM
U sellin the idlers? wtf

StormShadow
03-19-2004, 10:30 AM
U sellin the idlers? wtfGuess I'm third in line, but I thought they came with the Apten. :twitch:

03LightningRocks
03-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Guess I'm third in line, but I thought they came with the Apten. :twitch:

I'm taking bids at this point......I have yet to receive an offer. I have 2 idler pullies for it...the 100mm and the 90mm. You would be the easiest one to sell it to, since I need a couple of bolts for the Apten I am selling you.

Does your customer know you are doing your posting from their computer???

Rocks:d

Sixpipes
03-19-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm taking bids at this point......I have yet to receive an offer. I have 2 idler pullies for it...the 100mm and the 90mm. You would be the easiest one to sell it to, since I need a couple of bolts for the Apten I am selling you.

Rocks:dI'll back out and let the Apten boys fight over it. :cool:

StormShadow
03-19-2004, 02:31 PM

Rocks:d
No they don't know. That would be unethical. What bolts do you need for the Apten?

03LightningRocks
03-19-2004, 03:03 PM
No they don't know. That would be unethical. What bolts do you need for the Apten?

I am not going to tell you:d . Maybe you won't notice them missing:evil . So are you going to make an offer before Dennis does?

StormShadow
03-19-2004, 06:07 PM
I am not going to tell you:d . Maybe you won't notice them missing:evil . So are you going to make an offer before Dennis does?

SOLD

L8 APEX
03-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Got Adam taken care of tonight with the Apten and idlers. Sayle now has a line lock, both motors are back in their new homes, the bastard headers are back on the bastards truck:D . It is coming together:tu:

StormShadow
03-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Thanks Terry. You got the old blower taken off and Ron's Apten installed in about 1 hr. Now all we have left are the gauges and the heat exchanger. knana I'm kinda takin it easy right now since I still have the 2lb upper on and the 4lb lower with my old tune. Gotta get to the dyno and see how everything looks. So far no detonation.

03LightningRocks
03-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks Terry. You got the old blower taken off and Ron's Apten installed in about 1 hr. Now all we have left are the gauges and the heat exchanger. knana I'm kinda takin it easy right now since I still have the 2lb upper on and the 4lb lower with my old tune. Gotta get to the dyno and see how everything looks. So far no detonation.

Adam,

I left the stock upper in my glove box. You may want to get that on there untill I get this flip chip to you.

By the way....with the combo you have on there now, I pulled off a 12.18 in Florida...LOL. Be careful...and no open road WOT runs if you want to keep your rods.

03LightningRocks
03-20-2004, 09:39 AM
...... the bastard headers are back on the bastards truck:D . It is coming together:tu:

:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

StormShadow
03-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Adam,

I left the stock upper in my glove box. You may want to get that on there untill I get this flip chip to you.

By the way....with the combo you have on there now, I pulled off a 12.18 in Florida...LOL. Be careful...and no open road WOT runs if you want to keep your rods.

I'll go by and get it today. I'm thinking about trading someone my 4lber for a 2lber and then running the stock upper daily and putting the 2lb upper when I go to the track. What 'cha think about that? Weak?

03LightningRocks
03-20-2004, 10:07 AM
I'll go by and get it today. I'm thinking about trading someone my 4lber for a 2lber and then running the stock upper daily and putting the 2lb upper when I go to the track. What 'cha think about that? Weak?
Hmmmmm......I guess maybe mine are bigger than yours.....I thought your last girlfriend was just trying to make me feel better when she told me that.:rolleyes:

Hey....maybe you should just take the belt off the blower....and hide it under your skirt until you become a, REAL MAN.:eek:

Wow....check out the new, GAY, smilies Doug set up.

Rockshttp://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226532.gif..................I like this one.

StormShadow
03-20-2004, 10:10 AM
I'm just following Tom's example, I believe this is how he's running his. I may grow a pair and leave the 4lber on there. I gotta wait untill I get my boost gauge so I know how much fire I'm playing with.

03LightningRocks
03-20-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm just following Tom's example, I believe this is how he's running his. I may grow a pair and leave the 4lber on there. I gotta wait untill I get my boost gauge so I know how much fire I'm playing with.

Call me Adam...........It would be easier than typing. Here is the dyno I got from 16lbs of boost. That is about what your making with the 4lb lower and 2lb upper. I think I have a couple bolt on's you don't, but it will be close.

One thing to remember. Since you don't have long tubes, your A/F may run a little richer than mine with the same chip.....I am betting you will be at around 11.8 A/F using my chip and that pulley set up.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226Apten6L16_5Totalstreettune-med.JPG

tliss
03-20-2004, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=StormShadow]I'm just following Tom's example, I believe this is how he's running his. I may grow a pair and leave the 4lber on there. I gotta wait

Yep. I dropped back down to the 2# pulley when the Apten went on. I'm planning on putting the 4# pulley on tonight. I'm getting a lot of belt slippage with the 2# now, so I'm going to slap the 4 back on to see what happens. should help with my low torque numbers as well.

Tom

StormShadow
03-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Yep. I dropped back down to the 2# pulley when the Apten went on. I'm planning on putting the 4# pulley on tonight. I'm getting a lot of belt slippage with the 2# now, so I'm going to slap the 4 back on to see what happens. should help with my low torque numbers as well.

Tom[/QUOTE]
Cool. Have you run with the Apten yet?

tliss
03-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Cool. Have you run with the Apten yet?
We went out to Denton last night. Air and temps weren't in our favor, but it felt good. Still havent taken it to a 1/4 mile track, so I don't know where it will perform on the big end. Consistent 8.40s at 84.xx on street tires.

Also, my dyno before the Apten was right at 380/450-ish at the wheels with the 4#. With the 2# yesterday (on my new program from Swanson and a different dyno) I pulled 410/460-ish with approximately 14# boost. It is weird because the boost gauge jumps to 10, stays there for a second and then jumps to 14 which implies to me belt slippage. We'll see if I can correct that.

Tom

03LightningRocks
03-20-2004, 09:18 PM
We went out to Denton last night. Air and temps weren't in our favor, but it felt good. Still havent taken it to a 1/4 mile track, so I don't know where it will perform on the big end. Consistent 8.40s at 84.xx on street tires.

Also, my dyno before the Apten was right at 380/450-ish at the wheels with the 4#. With the 2# yesterday (on my new program from Swanson and a different dyno) I pulled 410/460-ish with approximately 14# boost. It is weird because the boost gauge jumps to 10, stays there for a second and then jumps to 14 which implies to me belt slippage. We'll see if I can correct that.

Tom
Those dyno numbers don't sound too far off. That's about what I made at 14lbs. I may have had a bit more torque.

The way my apten showed...it just steady kept climbing...right up to red line...or shift point.

It did seem to do most of the work after the 1/8th

03'svtlight
03-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Hmmmmm......I guess maybe mine are bigger than yours.....I thought your last girlfriend was just trying to make me feel better when she told me that.:rolleyes:

Hey....maybe you should just take the belt off the blower....and hide it under your skirt until you become a, REAL MAN.:eek:

Wow....check out the new, GAY, smilies Doug set up.

Rockshttp://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226532.gif..................I like this one.
:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

tliss
03-20-2004, 11:49 PM
Those dyno numbers don't sound too far off. That's about what I made at 14lbs. I may have had a bit more torque.

The way my apten showed...it just steady kept climbing...right up to red line...or shift point.

It did seem to do most of the work after the 1/8th
That's what I figured. I can't wait to get it out to the 1/4 mile to see what it does on the big end. I also need to see what the new tranny will do. The truck seems to pull considerably harder after each shift now. The 1-2 shift no longer just scratches...it screams! Perhaps next weekend I'll be able to give her a whirl.

Tom

bobbywade69
03-21-2004, 02:10 AM
Ahh yes don't u just love the feel of a bad azz built tranny, I have the same one under mine, just love the hell out of her, pulls harder going in every gear!:tu:

That's what I figured. I can't wait to get it out to the 1/4 mile to see what it does on the big end. I also need to see what the new tranny will do. The truck seems to pull considerably harder after each shift now. The 1-2 shift no longer just scratches...it screams! Perhaps next weekend I'll be able to give her a whirl.

Tom