PDA

View Full Version : ..From Enron to WorldCom....

blueoval01
06-26-2002, 03:12 PM
.....sure glad I sent my resume to these folks last night. I'm sure I can expect a favorable reply any day now ..... :rolleyes:

:bs

WorldCom (http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20020626S0003)

L8 APEX
06-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Man that sucks!:mad: Anderson might as well liquidate and everyone go on vacation... Good luck on the job hunt, I hope it is short one:tu:

George G.
06-26-2002, 04:37 PM
Hey blue, what kinda job you lookin for?

blueoval01
06-26-2002, 07:14 PM
Hey George........
LOL .... I used that leader "…sure glad I sent my resume to these folks last night. I'm sure I can expect a favorable reply any day now…" as a Smart A$$ remark to the WorldCom article.
My background is database development through a local to Enterprise network. Particularly, with proprietary estimating software for the Engineering/Construction Industry. Databases are databases and SQL is SQL with some minor exceptions. But, regardless of experience, proprietary software has to learned and absorbed by the developer. And the developer has to understand the Industry, which I was a part of for 18 years. Not unlike what Doug does for i2, except theirs is more of an ERP and accounting solution.
With that said, I also do training as well as software support.
That’s it in a nutshell.
Languages spoken: SQL93, VB, Crystal Reports, Quick Reports
DB Platforms: Oracle, SQL Server, Interbase
OS Platforms: All Windows (client and server), SunOS and “God help me” Linux/Unix

George G.
06-26-2002, 09:02 PM
alright, I must of read the posts too fast. I was gonna suggest an opening over where I'm at. Just thought I'd help a TALON bro out. You know how that phrase goes..."bring some unity to the community":banana:

RedNemesis01
06-26-2002, 09:11 PM
so what actually gets more attention? The Enron corporate scandal, or Playboy's up and coming "Women of Enron" issue? :eek2:

"How much for de women?" (John Belushi - The Blues Brothers)
"uh...$67.4M should do the trick." (Kenneth Lay - Enron - his 2001 compensation) :throw:

bill

blueoval01
06-27-2002, 11:18 AM
George ... Thanks!! I really appreciate the backup from a fellow L owner. Your in the Telecommunications Industry, aren't you?

A couple friends were and are still in with SBC and what used to be GTE. Their retirement packages are going to be great! :D