PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having a bad day?

J.D. Blackwell
06-26-2002, 11:59 AM
Well, I got to tell everyone this.

It happened earlier this morning. I have a big pressure washer w/ a burner and 525 gallon tank on a 2 axle trailer. It is nealry brand new, costing over $8k. Anyways I filled it up and hooked it up to the forklift. (I have a 2" ball on the end of the fork.)
I was heading down toward the pasture where my track hoe, bulldozer, and back hoe was when the hitch jumped off the fork and started rolling away from me...downhill! It barely missed one of my dad's shop buildings and rolled into the pasture past the equipment. It rolled another 100yds. before it struck a couple trees at 25mph and then WHAM! The tank flew off the trailer along with the reel with 100' of hose wrapped up in it. The engine and burner doesn't appear to be damaged...to much. It didn't tear up the trailer, but the tank is gone and I might be able to fix the rest of it.
Anyways I am having a bad day, but not as bad as the time Moonshine went out in the pasture to shoot at turtles.....

The moral of the story is ALWAYS latch your hitch on the trailer.:(

Logan
06-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Ouch.:(

blueoval01
06-26-2002, 01:56 PM
Double Ouch ........ :crying:

Crawford
06-26-2002, 02:00 PM
I am having a crappy day too.

I just think about how bad your day is Justin and the fact that you have a lightning that has not ran in like a year and I feel better! :throw:

MadMax
06-26-2002, 06:16 PM
You have had a great day...not to say you will need to affix your safety chains the next trip out. :D I will tell you what is a bad year for many. Excessive greed of our corporate CEO's, witness MCI/WORLDCOM today. Adelphia, Chap 11 today. 6th largest cable company. Ex-employees of mine who are now feeling the pressure to feed their families and provide much needed medical attention to some of their kids... due to the fact the the insurance was cut off on lay off day! :mad: 40,000 layoffs in Dallas tech to date. :mad: Telecom is hit...IT is hit....etc.

Remember the bad day some of our men and women are having defending our freedom in foreign lands... so that we can live our lives and prosper and endure....

Pray for our nation....before the domino effect is felt in your backyard.....my .02...

Moonshine
06-27-2002, 09:25 AM
Well, I thought I was having a bad day, but by comparison I guess it wasn't that bad after all. Justin, I'm guess your repair costs will be higher than mine were.