PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Logan In charge

Silver_2000
06-25-2002, 07:50 PM
I am going on 3 week Vacation. Following the Fun Ford circuit. Since I wont be on the internet near as much Logan has agreed to keep an eye on things. We have to keep the Unix guys busy some how.

Be back the 20th of July

Doug

Crawford
06-25-2002, 10:45 PM
Doug,
Sounds good to me. Go out there and make your TALON brethren proud! Have a safe trip.

Sixpipes
06-25-2002, 11:18 PM
A UNIX guy given some authority. :eek2: Something tells me there's going to be some crazy-a$$ changes to this place in the next few weeks. :p

Silver_2000
06-25-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
Doug,
Sounds good to me. Go out there and make your TALON brethren proud! Have a safe trip.

Not going to do a lot of racing since my truck has a 3400 mile trip in front of it.... Need to bring it back in one piece.

There is supposed to be a Tuner Shootout at Englishtown after the 4th. Should make for some interesting Pictures. Especially if all 3 show up... Still not sure about one...

You can be sure Ill post some coverage...

Doug

Logan
06-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Don't expect too much crazy a$$ stuff. I got tired just typing these two sentences.... :p

blueoval01
06-26-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey Logan,
Any plans to incorporate the Talon members picture galleries? Or is bandwidth still an issue?
:cool:

Logan
06-26-2002, 06:46 PM
I'd love to, the problem is the databases are on two different sites, and web providers won't do custom MySQL access setups.... :(

I can't put the software directly on this site without being liable to pay for the extra license of $120...

blueoval01
06-26-2002, 07:17 PM
Ah, ok ....... the license belongs to you and not Doug ....... I see :(
Bummer ......

I just happen to know a couple MySQL dudes ........ :D

Jeeez, let's take another collection of 10$ and get Doug a license ..... I'll pitch in :burnout:

Silver_2000
06-26-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by blueoval01
Ah, ok ....... the license belongs to you and not Doug ....... I see :(
Bummer ......

I just happen to know a couple MySQL dudes ........ :D

Jeeez, let's take another collection of 10$ and get Doug a license ..... I'll pitch in :burnout:

Logan has offered to host our pictures for us the only difference is the URL. We should take advantage of the opportunity.

The link to it is on the Talon website.

Once we are abusing his bandwidth we will take a look at getting our own GAllery system.

Doug

blueoval01
06-26-2002, 07:59 PM
Damn, Doug is still in town ......... :d
Thought I might "Rapture" the Temp admin into giving up his first born(s) ........ :nono:

ALRIGHT YOU MoFo's ........... post your pics .....:tu:

Post your pics here (http://www.mercurycougar.net/talon/index.pl)

Sixpipes
06-26-2002, 11:25 PM
So how do I register? It won't take my TALON info. :cool:

Silver_2000
06-26-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
So how do I register? It won't take my TALON info. :cool:

Since we couldnt link the databses you have to register.

Click upload photos then click register

Doug

blueoval01
06-27-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey sixpipes, when you register , just use the same login and password from Talon. It should take it without a problem, but you have to "register". And type in all the pertinent data.

If you decide to change anything , like login name or password ..... make sure it will be something you remember :d

Examples: "youngthangs", "thongs", "hooters" .... etc
:tu:

Sixpipes
06-27-2002, 10:14 PM
Uploaded some photos, but can't delete the ones I don't want to keep. So is the edit button on the fritz? :cool:

blueoval01
06-27-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Uploaded some photos, but can't delete the ones I don't want to keep. So is the edit button on the fritz? :cool:

rotflmao .......
This is a perfect support scenerio ..: .... :d
"Why did you put the ones you don't wanna keep on there in the first place?"

Logan (the unix dude) to follow ......:burnout:

Logan
06-28-2002, 07:45 AM
Although blueoval has a very good point, I'll offer this...

I tested the delete, it works fine. Just click on the photo, then check the checkbox that says "Delete Photo" then click the submit change button...

Sixpipes
06-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by blueoval01

rotflmao .......
This is a perfect support scenerio ..: .... :d
"Why did you put the ones you don't wanna keep on there in the first place?"

Logan (the unix dude) to follow ......:burnout:
I am infamous for finding $hit that doesn't work like it is supposed to. I keep telling our IT guys they should put me on their payroll since I keep debugging their systems for them. :cool:

I'm sure that will go over real big with all the techies we have in this forum. :tongue:

Regarding uploading sub-par photos, $hit happens.

Sixpipes
06-28-2002, 11:23 AM
These are the options I am given when clicking on a photograph. I click on edit photo and I get the standard "page not available" notice. :cool:

Home > Member Galleries [ Home | Profile | Upload Photos | Logout ]
Talon Photo Gallery

View Larger Image

<< Previous Image Next Image >>
Post a Comment | Report Photo | Edit Photo| Send as e-Card | Disable Email Updates

User: Sixpipes (see all of Sixpipes's photos)
Views: 5
Date: 6/27/2002
Filesize: 22.3k, 28.8k, 640 X 480
Description: