PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Dream Cruise

MadMax
06-24-2002, 06:31 PM
NO time for this but here it is...from SVTOA....
Attention SVTOA Members!

That time of year is approaching! Summertime and Woodward Dream Cruise time! A special event is coming to SVTOA National's home town - Royal Oak, Michigan!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS - AUGUST 17, 2002

The Woodward Dream Cruise is a mid-summer classic that celebrates the cars, music and memories of cruisin in the 50s and 60s in the place that put America on wheels. The world's largest one-day celebration of the car culture attracts over 1.5 million visitors, 30,000 muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles; involves the seven host cities of Berkley, Birmingham, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac and Royal Oak; traverses a 16 mile route; and supports over 30 local charities. Check out their website for all event information (history, route, etc.) www.dreamcruise.org/2002

Please email me by July 5 to let me know if you are going to be in town for this extravaganza! We would like to get an idea of a count of people and cars from our membership.

Tentative plans are as follows...
- SVTOA will have a special area just for our members in a prime spot on Woodward Avenue .
- Possible Plant Tour (VERY LIMITED SPACE)
- Possible BBQ and Cruise
- Greenfield Village/Museum Tours
- Detroit Zoo
- And much more!

DON'T WAIT - EMAIL ME!

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Your SVTOA Membership Expiring?

Currently, any member that has signed up on or before July 31, 2001 will now officially expire at midnight July 31, 2002. In an effort to provide our members with the best service and benefits possible we extended the membership in order to thank our loyal charter members. Regardless of whether your current membership cards expiration date states May 02 or June 02 -

All members registered as stated above will expire July 31, 2002.

Our renewal campaigns will begin next week. You will receive a series of renewal notices (very fun and creative notices, if we do say so ourselves!). You can wait to see these or you can renew your membership right NOW by going to our site (www.svtoa.com), which has been updated with a new Registration page.

After you've logged on to the site, click on the new Registration Page and then the Renew Membership button -- this page will be pre-populated with your membership information. Simply update your information and submit your credit card number for payment. If you would like to renew your membership with a check or money order, please call 866-377-8862.

If you have any problems or questions, please call 866-377-8862 or email info@svtoa.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Chapters

Prosser – Tri Cities WA
Arnold Garza Jr., Russ Dean Ford
Ed Sheyney

Clearwater/Tampa Florida
Ron Worden, Freedom Ford
Gene Pavliscsak

Gaithersburg, MD (D.C.)
Ken Coffey, Sheehy Ford
TBD

Moline, IL – Quad Cities
Michael Grems, Reynolds Motor Co.
John Wilt

Wheaton, IL – Chicago
David Riggenberg, Packey Webb Ford
Jim Griffith

Western, MI
Chris Jerue, Duthler Ford
Steve Haner

Cleveland, OH
Jeff Hartlieb, Liberty Ford Solon
James Pracker/Cal Coursi

Lancaster, PA
Bruce Kronman, Chapman Ford
Tim Cahill

Chattanooga, TN
Bill Smart, Mtn View Ford (Co-Sponsor)
Mark Fredrick (Knoxville)

Edmonton Alberta Canada
Joe Holland, Freedom Ford Sales
Andrew Bentley

New National Staff members

Mike Bloemers, our new Director of Chapter Operations will be the chapter's primary point of contact with SVTOA. Mike will team with SVTOA staff and regional directors to provide information, support and resources necessary to grow the size and numbers of local Ford SVTOA
Chapters worldwide.

Website Update

Our new site is just around the corner! I know, I know, it has been a long time coming. Well - it is almost here (FOR REAL!) The plan is to roll out the new site on July 1. Please let us know what you think. If have any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-866-377-8862.

Thank you for your continued interest in SVTOA.