PDA

View Full Version : Drive Shaft Loop

andy_cain
06-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Anyone have one of these?
Is it really needed or helpfull?:confused:

Silver_2000
06-22-2002, 10:55 PM
The idea is to prevent the pole vault effect if you break a front u joint at speed.

Keeps the truck from going airborne and keeps the shaft from beating the crap out of the truck if you dont go airborne

NHRA tracks that do real tech inspections require loop if you run slicks

Doug

andy_cain
06-22-2002, 11:02 PM
How hard is it to install one...they are pretty cheap to buy.
Sounds like it may be a wise investment in added protection.

blueoval01
06-22-2002, 11:28 PM
Humm, believe it depends on whether you do a one piece loop or a two piece loop as far as "ease of installation".
:cool:

One piece requires the drive shaft removal and two piece doesn't.....:confused:

I think I'm on track here ......... Sixpipes and Justin are the two I know that have them.

Silver_2000
06-23-2002, 12:14 AM
I have the one piece.. It was installed when some trans work was done... All you need to do is pull the drive shaft, and drill a couple holes... Not a big deal..

Doughttp://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/silverl/driveshaft1-600.jpg

Sixpipes
06-23-2002, 10:59 AM
I got my two-piece (PSP) from Terry. Highly recommended as you start to use slicks and load the driveline more through increased horsepower.

Cheap protection IMO. The PSP unit uses a cross-brace with a horseshoe loop over the shaft. No drilling and very stable once it is installed. :cool:

Mark #2
06-24-2002, 09:14 AM
I have the one piece Metco loop, looks the same as Doug's.
One day job.

I pulled the passenger seat, plastic storage box behind the seat, and driveshaft. I also added a backing plate on the inside of the cab floor and water proofed it with RTV.

Easy and cheap safety addition.

Mark2