PDA

View Full Version : '01 Red L, 27K miles, $21,500

J.D. Blackwell
01-29-2004, 02:18 PM
I just took it in trade for man who bought my '00 L. It has 27,500 total miles on it and has factory warranty still. It has a couple things done to it like a Factory Tech VB and it has been lowered 2"/2". It also has a bed rug. Will have the truck Saturday and can get pictures to anyone interested on Sunday afternoon. The truck is clean, I don't want it. A dealer offered me $21,500 for it and I would rather let a Private Buyer get it before the dealer. If I don't sell it after 2 weeks, I will let him have it.

Thanks for letting me be part of your group TALON.

Justin

P.S. I haven't ruled out a Gen 1 yet.:beer:

Silver_2000
01-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks for letting me be part of your group TALON.
Justin
P.S. I haven't ruled out a Gen 1 yet.:beer:
JD

You are elcome to remain a part of TALON as long as you like.

Assuming of course you have my Traction Bars....:evil

andy_cain
01-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Why did you decide to get rid of your L?
When did you sell yours...I knew there was rumor of it but didn't know it was a sure thing:confused:
I am sorry to hear that, but it does not mean you are not part of the TALON family still.:beer:
Any pics of the red one?

J.D. Blackwell
01-29-2004, 03:03 PM
I am so sorry Doug. Yes I still have them. I will make Shane take them off for me.

99WhiteBeast
01-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Justin,

Do you know the personal history of the truck? I know someone who is looking for a low milage L.

You're welcome to come hang with us anytime:beer:

J.D. Blackwell
01-29-2004, 03:34 PM
The truck is Shane McAlister's from the HALO club. He goes by Madness. He has the history on it. Will get you info ASAP and some pictures of it Sunday after church. He is bringing it up to me Sat. but I will be gone to Red River in the sand dunes on my Banshee:beer: .

Justin.

Wayne, I have had it sold for almost 2 months now, just finally exchanged some money, titles, etc. today.

andy_cain
01-29-2004, 03:43 PM
What are you driving these days:evil

MadNess
01-29-2004, 04:34 PM
the history of the truck:

Im the original owner
purchased in Jul of 01
truck was built 5/11/01
its number 3903 of 6300something
truck has never had more than a 6lb lower and a chip
it will sell with a HARD shifting FTVB
and being lowered 2/2

Its run a best of 12.12 at 111 about 10 or 15 times.. all in hallsville

Anything else you would like to know?

whitelightning'02
01-29-2004, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=J.D. Blackwell]The truck is Shane McAlister's from the HALO club. He goes by Madness. He has the history on it. Will get you info ASAP and some pictures of it Sunday after church. He is bringing it up to me Sat. but I will be gone to Red River in the sand dunes on my Banshee:beer: .

Justin.

Hey Justin, If I get a kitchen pass, I might see you @ the red river on my newly aquired 400ex. We have been planning on going up there for a couple of weeks. If you see a couple of crazy guys (one on a Bombardier 650 and me on my yellow 400ex) be sure to shout at us!!!!
:beer:
Lee

:beer: :beer: :beer:

J.D. Blackwell
01-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Shane said if anyone needs to know anything else too e-mail him.

Also if anyone sells my truck for me they can get a choice of a Superchips flipchip or cash, or whatever extras I may floating around.

Justin

J.D. Blackwell
01-29-2004, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=J.D. Blackwell]The truck is Shane McAlister's from the HALO club. He goes by Madness. He has the history on it. Will get you info ASAP and some pictures of it Sunday after church. He is bringing it up to me Sat. but I will be gone to Red River in the sand dunes on my Banshee:beer: .

Justin.

Hey Justin, If I get a kitchen pass, I might see you @ the red river on my newly aquired 400ex. We have been planning on going up there for a couple of weeks. If you see a couple of crazy guys (one on a Bombardier 650 and me on my yellow 400ex) be sure to shout at us!!!!
Lee

:beer: :beer: :beer:
What part of the river do you go to? Me and my buddies are going up there by Idabel, OK....North of Clarksville, TX

TP Derrick D
01-29-2004, 05:44 PM
JD

You are elcome to remain a part of TALON as long as you like.

Assuming of course you have my Traction Bars....:evil
Hey JD, I sure hope your not giving up the Lightning life :( I was looking foward to our next car show and hanging out in your dad's RV :tu: Glad to hear from you, I saw the picture of when I was getting my Trophy at Lfest come up on the gallery a couple days ago and I saw you in the background of it and it made me wonder how you was doing. Hope you find the L of you dreams soon. :D

whitelightning'02
01-29-2004, 05:52 PM
What part of the river do you go to? Me and my buddies are going up there by Idabel, OK....North of Clarksville, TX
I'm not sure, my buddy told me, but I didn't pay good attention :hammer: . I think that's the area, it's about 2hrs from carrollton. I've never been there yet and he is driving (He's also the one with the trailer :tu: )

J.D. Blackwell
01-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey JD, I sure hope your not giving up the Lightning life :( I was looking foward to our next car show and hanging out in your dad's RV :tu: Glad to hear from you, I saw the picture of when I was getting my Trophy at Lfest come up on the gallery a couple days ago and I saw you in the background of it and it made me wonder how you was doing. Hope you find the L of you dreams soon. :D
Yeah, I may get a Gen 1 someday and fix it up. That is what I have planned anyhow. But, not with the 351 that is in them. May go to a Big Block Chevy. There are lots around my area that guys build and they are usually 531+c.i. with 700+hp. Would have to chop that truck up to get it to hook.

I will miss going to all the Lightning shows and races. May make a few sometime. Take care.

Justin

Oh, I may be able to make the meeting next week. Tony said he was going.

Whitelightning'02, there is also one North of Bonham, TX also. I don't know if that is what your friend was talking about. The one I am talking about is East of Paris. If you are out there, you can't miss me. I will have a buddy on a 500 Quadzilla and one on a FX400

skalywags
01-29-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure, my buddy told me, but I didn't pay good attention :hammer: . I think that's the area, it's about 2hrs from carrollton. I've never been there yet and he is driving (He's also the one with the trailer :tu: )
Or you could be goin to Re River Trails In Bulcher, just ouside of Muenster, TX. We go there on the bikes a lot. Pretty fun place.

whitelightning'02
01-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Or you could be goin to Re River Trails In Bulcher, just ouside of Muenster, TX. We go there on the bikes a lot. Pretty fun place.
It might be the one north of Bonham, I remember he said we will pass thru there. I'll ask again tomorrow when I talk to him. What's the weather gonna be like up there on Sunday? I'm really excited about going. I missed the trip to Kermit when he picked up my 400ex. I really think it will be a lot of fun to ride in the sand!!!!!!!

Lee

whitelightning'02
01-31-2004, 12:18 AM
Whitelightning'02, there is also one North of Bonham, TX also. I don't know if that is what your friend was talking about. The one I am talking about is East of Paris. If you are out there, you can't miss me. I will have a buddy on a 500 Quadzilla and one on a FX400

Nope, we are going to be headed north of clarksville on Sunday, so see y'all there!

:banana: :banana:
Lee

J.D. Blackwell
02-02-2004, 09:08 AM

Nope, we are going to be headed north of clarksville on Sunday, so see y'all there!

:banana: :banana:
Lee

We went up there Sat., so we missed you since you went Sunday. Man, I had a blast. Down by the river where it opened up to smooth sand for over a mile and a half. I had those paddle tires slinging some rooster tails.
I didn't know you were going on Sunday. Will have to catch you next time.

Justin

whitelightning'02
02-02-2004, 09:06 PM
We went up there Sat., so we missed you since you went Sunday. Man, I had a blast. Down by the river where it opened up to smooth sand for over a mile and a half. I had those paddle tires slinging some rooster tails.
I didn't know you were going on Sunday. Will have to catch you next time.

Justin
Yeah, we had a blast too! My first time on sand! I'll be getting some paddles soon, I did a few wheelies without them but noticed that I was drifting sideways quite a bit. We left just before one of the mothers flipped end over end and jammed a foot peg in her thigh! She got care flighted out.... She also was one that didn't wear protective gear.... One of the first things I bought was a new helmet! Oh well, catch ya next time!

Lee

J.D. Blackwell
02-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Yeah, we had a blast too! My first time on sand! I'll be getting some paddles soon, I did a few wheelies without them but noticed that I was drifting sideways quite a bit. We left just before one of the mothers flipped end over end and jammed a foot peg in her thigh! She got care flighted out.... She also was one that didn't wear protective gear.... One of the first things I bought was a new helmet! Oh well, catch ya next time!

Lee
Dang, sounds like a very intersting time for you.
I will P.M. you when I head back up there to see if you are going also.

Later,
Justin