PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about some appearance mods for the L

PoorSvtman
01-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Im thinking about adding some 01+ factory bling to my 99. For example adding the newer grills, headlights, etc or doing a clean drop. I was thinking about just doing a 2/2 since my L sits pretty level as it is. I can probly get some springs and drop leafs pretty cheap (thinking about drop leafs since my 73k mile bushings squeak)

Im done for the go fast mods for awhile. :hammer: I need to concentrate on getting a better job before i go faster and blow something up

I dunno, what do you guys think. Throw out some suggestions. Im shooting more for a drop.

bobbywade69
01-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Go for a drop so u can stay on the road:d :evil !!! No really a drop would be nice and the 01+ front mods would is a nice touch!:tu:

PoorSvtman
01-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Go for a drop so u can stay on the road:d :evil !!! No really a drop would be nice and the 01+ front mods would is a nice touch!:tu:

Hmm martina was complaining today about how the truck moves alot more than my civic did, and thats why she dosent like hauling a$$ in the L. But the civic had tons of suspension work.

QIK KAT
01-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Dress up the motor. steel braided hoses,chrome or polished parts,maybe a little

color. What the hell pull up the s/c and polish it to:hammer: Thats going to be my next project:tu:

TP Derrick D
01-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Im thinking about adding some 01+ factory bling to my 99. For example adding the newer grills, headlights, etc or doing a clean drop. I was thinking about just doing a 2/2 since my L sits pretty level as it is. I can probly get some springs and drop leafs pretty cheap (thinking about drop leafs since my 73k mile bushings squeak)

Im done for the go fast mods for awhile. :hammer: I need to concentrate on getting a better job before i go faster and blow something up

I dunno, what do you guys think. Throw out some suggestions. Im shooting more for a drop.
Go ahead do the drop,then slap some deep dish chrome "20's /w 295-40's all way round,billet grill upper & lower, mean looking hood,and oh yeah the clear heads & tails(to match your fogs of course) a good detail never hurt either :bows

PoorSvtman
01-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Go ahead do the drop,then slap some deep dish chrome "20's /w 295-40's all way round,billet grill upper & lower, mean looking hood,and oh yeah the clear heads & tails(to match your fogs of course) a good detail never hurt either :bows

Im thinking about a drop first. Im putting myself on somewhat of a budget. But I always wash and wax my truck once a month. Its black you have to just to keep the scratches away. I have a orbital buffer and a makita multi speed buffer/angle grinder :tu:

Alpine
01-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Go ahead do the drop,then slap some deep dish chrome "20's /w 295-40's all way round,billet grill upper & lower, mean looking hood,and oh yeah the clear heads & tails(to match your fogs of course) a good detail never hurt either :bows :tu: yep, thats the combo.

PoorSvtman
01-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Im not sure about the 20s and billet. Ive always been a fan of factory style (more of a sleeper that way as well) clean and some cases stylish.

Jeff you have a 2/4 right. Dose your rear end bottom out on the frame or bed?
When i drop cars/trucks i tend to slam them. You saw my civic and friends trucks.

Alpine
01-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Im not sure about the 20s and billet. Ive always been a fan of factory style (more of a sleeper that way as well) clean and some cases stylish.

When i drop cars/trucks i tend to slam them. You saw my civic and friends trucks.I got the Qa1's and I have'nt hit the frame yet. Had to cut the bump stops a little. I love those shocks, they just cost too much.:mad:

TP Derrick D
01-20-2004, 12:02 AM

When i drop cars/trucks i tend to slam them. You saw my civic and friends trucks.
So you want your truck to look new ,04 style with a drop. Sorry I thought you wanted some bling,no not factory..I mean some REAL BLING :D

PoorSvtman
01-20-2004, 12:17 AM
So you want your truck to look new ,04 style with a drop. Sorry I thought you wanted some bling,no not factory..I mean some REAL BLING :D

Im thinking about adding some 01+ factory bling
First sentence of my first post :tu: . I just feel like upgrading from the honeycomb grills and maybe the headlights and corners. Im just getting ideas on what to do. :beer:

Dont get me wrong i love a clean set of 20s but im for the clean and semi factory/sleeper look

Nuhklz
01-20-2004, 07:52 AM
...Dont get me wrong i love a clean set of 20s but im for the clean and semi factory/sleeper look

:tu:

REXRENEGADE
01-20-2004, 01:52 PM
How about a set of those nudie women silhouette shiny mudflaps! That will get you noticed. At least from the rear.
Cheers
:beer:
Please don't take this seriously Im only kidding. It would be a first though.

PoorSvtman
01-20-2004, 06:30 PM
How about a set of those nudie women silhouette shiny mudflaps! That will get you noticed. At least from the rear.
Cheers
:beer:
Please don't take this seriously Im only kidding. It would be a first though.

Hmm i might just do that :evil Not realy.

QIK KAT
01-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Ahhhh, just put a #6 decal on the door and call it a day.!:rll: