PDA

View Full Version : Zaino is the wax god

andy_cain
06-21-2002, 02:33 AM
Ok, I know that I may have entirely too much time on my hands, but after having my Beltech 2 inch shackles installed, and having my Snug lid put on yesterday ( few issues – resolved today). I had my L once again Zaino’d.
I went with the whole works, wash in Dawn, Clay bar, wash in Z-7, two coats in Z-5 with mixed in ZFX, and a coat of Z-2 with ZFX mixed in.
Interior done with Zaino Z9/Z16 and windows buffed with buffer and Liqui tech Window Gloss.
Yep, did the tires, all the hoses under the hood, interior and wheel wells as well, all the plastic trim on the inside and outside.
Truck looks like it is dripping wet.
Made me think (that and about 10 beers)….what would the Zaino swirl remover (z-5) and the Clear coat (Z-2) and the Gloss enhancer (Z-6) do for some of my early 80’s custom made guitars…(Like no one has ever considered this novel idea).
Well, I popped he top of another brew and put two coats of Z-5 and two coats of Z-2 on Two of my oldest guitars…result was as impressive as the results on the truck.
All of the swirl marks seemed to disappear from the Z-5 (pretty tough for a guitar that gets pick scratches every time it is played.
The finish looks wet and about 1” deep.
Wonder what Zaino will do for my laptop screen…
:D :tu:

L8 APEX
06-21-2002, 07:15 AM
Zaino is not a wax!:hammer:

Silver_2000
06-21-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by andy_cain
Ok, I know that I may have entirely too much time on my hands, but after having my Beltech 2 inch shackles installed, and having my Snug lid put on yesterday ( few issues – resolved today). I had my L once again Zaino’d.
I went with the whole works, wash in Dawn, Clay bar, wash in Z-7, two coats in Z-5 with mixed in ZFX, and a coat of Z-2 with ZFX mixed in.
Interior done with Zaino Z9/Z16 and windows buffed with buffer and Liqui tech Window Gloss.
Yep, did the tires, all the hoses under the hood, interior and wheel wells as well, all the plastic trim on the inside and outside.
Truck looks like it is dripping wet.
Made me think (that and about 10 beers)….what would the Zaino swirl remover (z-5) and the Clear coat (Z-2) and the Gloss enhancer (Z-6) do for some of my early 80’s custom made guitars…(Like no one has ever considered this novel idea).
Well, I popped he top of another brew and put two coats of Z-5 and two coats of Z-2 on Two of my oldest guitars…result was as impressive as the results on the truck.
All of the swirl marks seemed to disappear from the Z-5 (pretty tough for a guitar that gets pick scratches every time it is played.
The finish looks wet and about 1” deep.
Wonder what Zaino will do for my laptop screen…
:D :tu:

Hey "Andy"

When you get done shiniung up the toaster and everything else you have over there... You can come do my truck...

;)

Doug:d

Crawford
06-21-2002, 09:01 AM
Where are the friggin pics man!?!?

Moonshine
06-21-2002, 09:15 AM
I'm next after Doug! Let's see, I waxed mine (one coat only, no Zaino) um, I think around February?:rolleyes:

Logan
06-21-2002, 10:10 AM
I didn't wanna wax my truck so I bought a new one.

andy_cain
06-21-2002, 11:01 AM
I swear Zaino just plain rocks.
If you use the new ZFX and mix it 4-5 drops with 2OZ of Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5 it cuts the drying time down to almost nothing.
The whole thing from the wash with Dawn detergent to the lights off in the garage only took about 3 hours and the L shines like it is dripping wet.
Got the Beltech shackles on last night...looks much better level.
Think the tow hitch is coming off tonight...help smooth out the back end looks:banana:

andy_cain
06-21-2002, 01:05 PM
Look at that reflection:tu:

andy_cain
06-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Trees, what trees....:D

blueoval01
06-21-2002, 08:07 PM
WOW ..... nice .....:eek2:
:tu:

Moonshine
06-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Yeah, that does look pretty sharp. But, there's just no way that it'd work that well on a white L. Matter of fact, I'll bet you a six pack that you couldn't make my truck look that shiny in three hours. My truck will be available on Sunday if you want to take up the challenge and prove me wrong. :p

andy_cain
06-21-2002, 10:45 PM
Nope, probably wouldn't look that deep on white, and a six pack, I could drink that before I could get it washed and dried...LOL
When you get ready to do yours, I will be glad to "HELP"
Better have lots of clean white 100% cotton bath towels....
I am going to use the clay bar and Z-2 on my SeaDoo tomorrow just for the hell of it...lake waterspots look terrible.:vomit

Badcarma
06-21-2002, 10:45 PM
So, If Zaino isn't a wax...what is it? And, being NOT an expert at using it...I think Andy can come do my black 01 L ( being he's expert on black!) and I'll WATCH and learn from a pro.:D

Red2002
06-21-2002, 10:52 PM
Black is nice, but have you seen a Zaino'd red L? :)

It makes the panties drop that much faster. :D

Your black L looks great!

andy_cain
06-21-2002, 10:57 PM
To be totally correct here...it is a 99.9% optically perfect show car polish:tu:
It is a multistep process (labor of love) that makes the finish have a deep-wet look.
And, as I told Moonshine, when you are ready to do the Zaino..I would be glad to "HELP"
If you have never done the process to your truck, you really only need:
Dawn dish soap - removes old wax
Zaino Z-2 - Clear coat polish
Z-5 - if you have swirl marks and light scratches
Z-6 - gloss enhancer

If you want to save about 2-3 hours of drying time the the ZFX works great.
You can order all of their products direct from them at: www.zainobros.com or I get mine from the Horsepower Store on Ave K in Plano

MadMax
06-21-2002, 11:12 PM
Zaino is ok. My .02. Meguiar's has NO petroleum distillates.

http://www.meguiars.com/

andy_cain
06-21-2002, 11:31 PM
I have used both, in fact still have several bottles of Meguiar's in the garage...it was good, Zaino is truly a "show car" finish polish, it looks deeper with every coat.
You are welcome to the bottles of Meguiar's :D

MadMax
06-21-2002, 11:40 PM
Oh My! Being the "rude, crude socially unacceptable sarcastic pain in the ass that I am" :eek: I forgot to comment on the exceptional finish on your truck :D That said, I would rather inspect your guitars... "jam" a few ... and drink beer :D

andy_cain
06-21-2002, 11:56 PM
I have a room all to itself dedicated to just the guitars, memoribilia and the Full Marshall stack...my "Rock Room".
Its really kinda like a mini Hard Rock cafe.
And beer, it's always in the fridge.
The invitation is open, I work from home most all week except Wednesdays.
:D

L8 APEX
06-22-2002, 03:49 PM
Don't forget the Z-1 for base application.;)

Todd
06-22-2002, 04:35 PM
The gas station by my house has got a car wash that also will wax it for you too. You never have to get out of your truck. It takes me about 5 min. from wash to wax to dry.:D

andy_cain
06-22-2002, 09:57 PM
Z-1 has been/is being discontinued and replaced with the ZFX.
Works great too, 5-8 drops in 2oz. of Z-1, Z-2, Z-5and it dries in 20 minutes or so.

blueoval01
06-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Whoa ....... :eek2:
Nice axes ........ what's the history with them?

I gotta Zaino my cars. I got a couple I can try before doing the L. Andy, thanks for the info.
Are the "how- to" docs from the Zaino Website fairly good?

We autta put a "how to" and what to use together for Dougs "How To" on SVTLightnings.com.

andy_cain
06-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Zaino's web page has all the tips and tricks for using what "Z" in what order and so forth.
You won't be disapointed in it.

The axes are just another passion of mine, the "Cruiser" was actually made for and owned by Lanny Cordolla (House of Lords, Vanilla Fudge, ect.)
The "Face" is one of the first San Dimas Jacksons made.
All of them are the old 80's hand made custom stuff that just plain rocks.

MadMax
06-22-2002, 11:58 PM
kewl! ..practicing now...LOL. I love guitar...30 years on and off....get a little burnt out on it....set it down....pick it up...do something different....I have some weird style....ya never know! LOL....outside of Wednesday :D kewl...

e-mail....please specify "beer type or something" and I need an addy....numba... LOL

:tongue:

blueoval01
06-23-2002, 12:07 AM
Thanks Andy ......... :tu:
Nice "hardware" ...... :d