PDA

View Full Version : email notification gone haywire?

99WhiteBeast
01-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Doug,
Evertime someone responded to a thread I was subscribed to I would get three emails of the same post or three emails that I had a PM.

Is the forum software on the blitz or is it my ISP?

L8 APEX
01-07-2004, 11:24 PM
I assume you checked your settings recently.. It is probably Doug's discount software:d

Silver_2000
01-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Doug,
Evertime someone responded to a thread I was subscribed to I would get three emails of the same post or three emails that I had a PM.

Is the forum software on the blitz or is it my ISP?
This is the first I have heard of it

If it was the software or the server it would impacting all of us... But Ill keep my eyes peeled

Terry - if you like I can raise the SV rates and then we can go to the high dollar software... :evil

Doug

L8 APEX
01-09-2004, 12:13 AM
This is the first I have heard of it

If it was the software or the server it would impacting all of us... But Ill keep my eyes peeled

Terry - if you like I can raise the SV rates and then we can go to the high dollar software... :evil

DougIf I had the choice we would go back to the original software we had years ago and I would get a refund:banana: .

Silver_2000
01-09-2004, 09:24 AM
If I had the choice we would go back to the original software we had years ago and I would get a refund:banana: .
You dont have a choice.... That software is going away ... This is the leading software in its market segment. We have struggled with a few issues because I chose to start using the BETA software on a production server. BUT one of the reasons I started all these websites was to learn - I have learned a great deal thru this beta testing process and the site has been really very stable and evry reliable.
I personally like the new features and the new look. You will find that in the next few months most of the rest o fthe sites that use VBulletin - NLoc, F150Online, SVTperformance etc etc will ALL be upgrading to this version. YOu guys will already know how all the stuff works.

The only issues left in the software then needs updating are some images that are the wrong color or are missing. In most of the cases I have created or changed the imiages so that we had one to work with and they all matched. Recently I stopped wasting time on that because the new images havent been released yet for the new software. Once they are those issues will go away.

Doug