PDA

View Full Version : Ball joint tool and tie rod fork

George G.
06-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Do any of you guys have a ball joint tool I can borrow? I finally got all my front end parts for my truck. Now I just gotta plan a weekend of beer, pizza and countless busted knuckles.

L8 APEX
06-19-2002, 09:56 PM
I always use the air hammer or similar force to seperate joints I plan on re-using. If you use a ball joint fork it will tear the grease boot and ruin the joint.

George G.
06-20-2002, 08:14 AM
yeah, I prolly should've mentioned, I have new tie rod ends and ball joints to boot!:banana: This will be the last of the maintenance stuff. When I got the truck, I had to bring it back up to snuff...brakes, gear oil, dash bracket, front end+camber bushings, little stuff.

Once this is done....let the mods begin

By the way, do you do alignments Terry?

L8 APEX
06-20-2002, 08:44 AM
No I don't, there seems to be a laser alignment shop around every corner.

TXBLU
06-28-2002, 06:22 PM
I have what you need, dude. I've got a ball joint separator, a bushing remover/installer, and a 48oz. ball peen hammer (BFH). That should do it. Let me know if I can help.
:burnout:

George G.
07-01-2002, 09:58 AM
TXblu, thanks man. I'm off this week and need to get this tackled. Hopefully the rain will let up long enough. Where can I meet you to pick it up?.....wanna help!:d

TXBLU
07-02-2002, 02:49 PM
I live in Hackberry Creek in Irving. I'm off work on Wednesday and Thursday. Send me an e-mail and I can give you directions. See ya!

:burnout: