PDA

View Full Version : No more Zaino for Wayno

andy_cain
01-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Some of you may already know, but Steve no longer carries Zaino:eek:
He does however carry his "own product" now called "Tropi Care". I have been a very big fan of Zaino and was reluctant to ven try another product on my "L" :hammer:
Steve brough over some samples that some of us played with this past weekend and MUCH to my suprise, the product seems to work every bit as good (some cases better) than the Zaino product. It is MUCH easier to apply than Zaino and requires less product than Zaino.
The interior (leather and apolstry cleaner actually took ink off of the seat inserts without harming the material) [see pics for proof]

Take a look for yourself on the finidshed product...:beer:

andy_cain
01-06-2004, 04:46 PM
And one other thing I forgot to mention...that is not my truck.(in the pics)

We did not start with a perfect truck...we started with Andrews.
If it can make his truck shine like that, dare to imagine:rll:
The entire truck took less than 3 hours of polish work to do both the inside and outside:eek2:

tliss
01-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Berry interesting, Mr Unsane. Down with Zaino :vomit: .

Is Steve's product just as outrageously expensive? If so :Bullshit for me. If it reasonably priced I may consider giving it a shot.

Tom

andy_cain
01-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Quite a bit cheaper actually.
I got:

2) waffle drying towels
2) applicators
1) polish
1) spray detail
1) swirl cutter
1) leather conditioner
1) leather cleaner (removes ink)
1) rubber dressing
1) wheel and tire cleaner

all for right at $100l :tu:
You can also buy the stuff in bulk (gallon) for guys like me

my2002lightning
01-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Hmm. Sounds good, but I have a ton of Zaino left-over from the initial treatment .... err..."investment" :d .

Hell, I might Z-7 the die-cast Ls to see what it looks like! :D

I'll say one thing to all the Zaino dissenters out there, since I gave it the first Zaino once-over back in the late summer, all I've had to do is take it to the car-wash for a rinse/spot-free rinse and it looks "almost" as good as it did after the Zaino-ing - shine and all.

This is after 2 road-trips to Tulsa, numerous trips to OK for my family events and driving around Plano/Frisco/etc.

I need to get a bigger garage with water/electrical hookups! :hammer:
Apartment living! :throw:

Wayne,

What's the Tropi-Care url?

Ronald

andy_cain
01-06-2004, 06:10 PM
http://www.tropi-care.com/

I too have Zaino investments on the shelf (as you saw) and will figure out something to do with them...maybe a detail/beer party :D

Hell, I even went this past weekend and bought an air compressor, hose and blower just so I can start drying the "L" with air now rather than a bunch of towels :D

Next stop a garage "buble" to keep her in....LOL, I don't think so, she is about to really get driven....probably almost 30 miles a week now :D :D

cpeapea
01-06-2004, 07:01 PM
i might have to invest into some of this

dboat
01-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Down with Zaino.. way to much $$ for the results..

Wayno... most people just use the yard blower to dry the auto/truck... just a thought..

03LightningRocks
01-06-2004, 08:59 PM
.......... and MUCH to my suprise, the product seems to work every bit as good (some cases better) than the Zaino product. It is MUCH easier to apply than Zaino and requires less product than Zaino.
...... [see pics for proof]

Much to your surprise???????? It doesn't surprise me at all. There are alot of products that look better than Zano. They are all alot easier to apply too. You could rub jism on the finish and if you spent as much time as it takes to apply 80 gabbillion coats of Zano, it would look about as good.

What is Ronald going to do now??? You lead the man into the Zano world, just to dump him off by himself.

Rocks:rll:

L8 APEX
01-06-2004, 09:15 PM
I have not posted this but have also stopped using Zaino. I support Steve and his new product line:tu: . I use the Zaino for birthday and Christmas presents now:rll: .

skalywags
01-06-2004, 09:50 PM
http://www.tropi-care.com/
Next stop a garage "buble" to keep her in....LOL, I don't think so, she is about to really get driven....probably almost 30 miles a week now :D :D Must be nice! I have 14,000 on mine, and I bought it in May. Lot's of trips hauling the bike. But I sure like driving it. And for teh shine, I use Zymol, but not enough. I too need a better place to clean my truck. A

my2002lightning
01-07-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm all FOR the best wax/polish product out there for the L.

I never said I was "married" to Zaino. :rolleyes:

tliss
01-07-2004, 12:01 PM

I never said I was "married" to Zaino. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: . You were :bows :bows and gobbling Zaino's crank a couple of months ago! I say do your own thing...what's best for your Lightning might not be what's best for someone else's.

Tom

my2002lightning
01-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2002lightning

I never said I was "married" to Zaino. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif . You were http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bows.gif http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bows.gif and gobbling Zaino's crank a couple of months ago!
:Bullshit

dboat
01-07-2004, 07:38 PM
:rolleyes: . You were :bows :bows and gobbling Zaino's crank a couple of months ago! I say do your own thing...what's best for your Lightning might not be what's best for someone else's.

Tom

I gotta second that opinion.. :evil

every wax post was Zaino this :bows and Zaino that :bows

but Ronald thats ok, you just had to do that because you paid so much money for it.. if you didnt do that, you would have felt had by the Zaino boys..
I get to hear the same crap from people who dont understand why we pay so much for pickup truck.. :confused:

03LightningRocks
01-07-2004, 07:46 PM

Tom

:tu:

blueoval01
01-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Naw, I think Ronald was just pleased about washing his own truck (Laney didn't have to do it for him) and getting a great finish on. :tu: :rolleyes:

One of those "moments" of great excitement .......... :D
....... that he needed to share.

my2002lightning
01-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I gotta second that opinion.. :evil

every wax post was Zaino this :bows and Zaino that :bows

but Ronald thats ok, you just had to do that because you paid so much money for it.. if you didnt do that, you would have felt had by the Zaino boys..
I get to hear the same crap from people who dont understand why we pay so much for pickup truck.. :confused:
~$100 isn't that much to spend on the Ls finish/appearance. That's nothing! Take a look at the TCO / "total cost of ownership" of the L and that's just a drop in the bucket.

When I chose to go the Zaino route, I knew it would be labor/time intensive, but I wanted to learn for myself how to detail/care for "her" properly.

Cost was never the factor with choice of waxes/polishes and/or mods.

I still hear the same thing from my parents about how the L is impractical and how I "need" a 2004 S/D 6.0L S-CREW.

Ronald

tliss
01-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Ronald,

You know we're all just yanking your chain. It's all in good fun. Everybody can be made fun of equally around here.

I still hear the same thing from my parents about how the L is impractical and how I "need" a 2004 S/D 6.0L S-CREW.
And a S/D wouldn't be overkill with what you normally do with your truck? Exactly how much towing or hauling dirt do you do with your Lightning? I would say the S/D would be impractical (plus, aren't those things over $40K??).

Tom

Silver_2000
01-08-2004, 01:13 AM
You might consider continusing this discussion here

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

While you are there Welcome Tropicare to our little family...

Doug

my2002lightning
01-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Ronald,

You know we're all just yanking your chain. It's all in good fun. Everybody can be made fun of equally around here.

And a S/D wouldn't be overkill with what you normally do with your truck? Exactly how much towing or hauling dirt do you do with your Lightning? I would say the S/D would be impractical (plus, aren't those things over $40K??).

Tom
Pulling my hind leg? This is UN-HEARD-OF on TALON.:eek2: :d

Mom/Dad have this equation for mine/Elaine's IT contract "journey" where I can "save" and move to different assignments.

F-350+ with a 5th wheel/motorhome to live in while I work toward retirement. :rolleyes:

Selling the L isn't going to fit in that equation...

Ronald

03LightningRocks
01-08-2004, 10:26 AM
You might consider continusing this discussion here

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

While you are there Welcome Tropicare to our little family...

Doug

Done:tu: :tu: :tu:

Rocks